Disney Store vs. WDW Cast Member benefits

Shane Fogleman

Original Poster
I was thinking about applying for a part time position at one of the local Disney stores however, I was wondering about the benefits that a WDW cast member would receive vs. a Disney store employee. Is there a difference? Thank you in advance for your input.

IowaHawks7

Walt Disney World Cast Members receive a Maingate and guest passes. So they get free admission and they get a certain amount of free passes for others to use throughout the year. The Disney Store does not receive these. The Disney Store can earn discounts on hotels, cruises, and merchandise though. I believe they can also earn Comp Passes which are one time use theme park admission. However I am not sure about that.

donaldtoo

I was a Disney Store part-time regular CM at our local mall location from Aug. of '09 to Oct. of '13. I was also a Lead Mgr. there for about a year, until I stepped down from management after my old architectural firm hired me back part-time under contract. I've now been back with my old firm full-time for 2+ years.
Anyway, I started out getting a 20% merch. discount, and 1 Comp Pass for myself and any dependents in my household (5 at the time) every 6 mos. My merch. discount went up to 35% after 3 years with TWDC.
Also, I got a 50% discount on the DDP (we have never gone during "free" dining), and a 60% discount on the resort.
Our ASM and SM automatically received Silver Passes. These came with a 35% merch. discount, etc., and they could also get themselves and 3 other guests/dependents into any Disney Park worldwide for free on any day, except where blackout dates might apply.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom