Disney Store closings

GrumpyFan24

Original Poster
Why are all these stores closing? I live in Lancaster, PA and there aren't any stores near me without having to travel an hour. They closed the store at my local mall (Park City Mall) a few years ago and they just recently closed the store at King of Prussia which surprises me since that mall is the second largest mall in the US. All I have that is close to me is a couple Disney outlets. The outlets don't sell the new merchandise that didn't sell in the original stores.

Are they planning to re-open stores or are they just shutting down business and closing up shop. Sending all the junk they couldn't sell to the outlets and leaving us to pay for shipping from online. Not everybody can travel to the parks every year.

Fairybuzz

I don't know but then again I'm still recovering from the loss of world of Disney in Manhattan. Seriously It was great! a store selling disney themepark merch that I could just walk to from the bus station. but nooooooooo that was too much fun! We can't have fun! so they closed it and opened a generic disney store in times square.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I don't know but then again I'm still recovering from the loss of world of Disney in Manhattan. Seriously It was great! a store selling disney themepark merch that I could just walk to from the bus station. but nooooooooo that was too much fun! We can't have fun! so they closed it and opened a generic disney store in times square.

But the one in Times Square just doubles as a giant billboard with the logo and screen. I must admit the screen is pretty cool but I am more upset they closed ESPN Zone.

rob0519

I can't even remember how long ago it was, but at least 25 years, there was a huge store in the Woodfield Mall outside Chicago that carried merchandise for all ages and even had it's own sit down fast food restaurant. It lasted maybe a year or two. Now they're closing even the small stores that reopened in the area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom