Disney Spring vs Downtown Disney

redsfan4life

I prefer DTD it had PI really miss The Comedy Warehouse and I am in my early 40's . I also dont see many new stores that will peak my interest except Trophy Room , World of Disney and TAG ( 2 of the 3 or not even new )

JIMINYCR

DS is an improvement and because Disney is working hard to bring in new shops and a variety of different foods and restaurants, it will draw more guests and locals into the area. I got a look at it on my last trip while it was still being built and liked what I saw then. It serves the purpose... give guests and locals another place to go to and thus have more opportunity to part with their money.

Killnme

My biggest problem is the walk ways get over crowded because they are not wide enough and it is hard to get around the slower walking traffic.

bethymouse

STK is a great restaurant no doubt, but it is just too expensive ( unless you add the expense to your budget). Perhaps you could go for lunch though. Same thing with the Boathouse.;) The look of Disney Springs is wonderful! Only time will tell if Disney has a "hit" with DS.;)

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Disney Springs is a vast improvement over DTD in nearly every way imaginable. The only thing I will miss is the The Adventure's Club.
Yes - I agree. But there is STILL a fundamental problem (a personal opinion) that WDW needs to address....

They have done a LOVELY job with Disney Springs. But they MUST solve the "free parking side effect" to really make it a success.
STILL - they will encounter the "free Parking to get to a park" crowd. And getting TO and FROM DS will remain difficult, in order for WDW to stem this practice.

That behavior would be a real shame, given how much work has gone into DS.
To do all this, then make it hard for people to GET there, then RETURN? Very sad.

Just me, all personal opinion, not right or wrong.... I am hoping that the new (and stunning) Bus Lot will come with Magic Band admittance. WDW HAS the technology to insure that DS, unlike DTD, does not turn into a free parking zone.

Again - all personal opinion, not right or wrong, no dog in this fight, others may disagree.

squidward

DTD of the late 90's was the best. I have absolutely no interest in the 2 newer sections of Disney Springs. The Marketplace is still great. The West Side still has the theater and La Nouba. But with the exception of the Marketplace, the Disney feeling is gone. And for those that say it's not expensive, sorry, but it is. It's high end shops and high end eating.

KINGLOUIS1993

I loved Downtown Disney and was eager to see the Springs update when I visited in Feb this year, and loved it even more. The choice of restaurants, bars and shops now is amazing. For me it covers all of the bases, you can have a posh more expensive meal if you want but if not there are plenty of other options. They have kept the great atmosphere of Downtown Disney but have made it more refined and a great place to walk around. Cannot wait to see it finished with Planet Hollywood back up and running when I visit in a couple of years.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yes - I agree. But there is STILL a fundamental problem (a personal opinion) that WDW needs to address....

They have done a LOVELY job with Disney Springs. But they MUST solve the "free parking side effect" to really make it a success.
STILL - they will encounter the "free Parking to get to a park" crowd. And getting TO and FROM DS will remain difficult, in order for WDW to stem this practice.

That behavior would be a real shame, given how much work has gone into DS.
To do all this, then make it hard for people to GET there, then RETURN? Very sad.

Just me, all personal opinion, not right or wrong.... I am hoping that the new (and stunning) Bus Lot will come with Magic Band admittance. WDW HAS the technology to insure that DS, unlike DTD, does not turn into a free parking zone.

Again - all personal opinion, not right or wrong, no dog in this fight, others may disagree.
Not sure what you are talking about, as there is no direct buses to/from the parks to DS. People wanting to not pay the parking fee will have to take a bus to a resort, and then other transportation to a park. Then reverse on the way back. Since anyone can go to DS, and then decide to eat a meal at a resort restaurant, they cannot limit the buses to resort guests only. Was that your suggestion?

squidward

Disney Springs is a big improvement over Downtown Disney. I keep hearing people say it's just another mall. I think some have forgotten that it's always been a shopping mall since the very beginning.

Pleasure Island wasn't a mall.

The shops at the Marketplace and West Side were never typical of a mall. Maybe Virgin, but on a grand scale. I'm not much of a shopper, but always enjoyed shopping at the Marketplace and West Side. There were unique shops over there. The shops now are common high end mall shops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom