Disney Sewing Projects!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I can't believe I never noticed a sewing thread here after all my time reading the site. I sew outfits for my girls for each day of all our trips! I am a bit crazy but glad to see others sewing in the Disney spirit! Sorry to shamelessly post a picture of my kids on my first post but this is one of my favorite outfits so far!

100_0608.jpg
I looooove the Duffy's! Gorgeous work! I want to learn the appliquing so bad!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
We leave Wednesday afternoon so I tried a quick new pattern or two....

4C004D5B-7CF7-4DD8-9A1A-503FEE7B841E-2644-000001A6E825F8FE_zpsc7c2e149.jpg

The cross body bag is 12"x9"x2"...good size for carrying notebooks (notes for trip reports), travel documents, camera, etc. The coordinating wallet is a passport wallet. It holds up to 4 passports + has 4 slots for cards. Definitely my bag for this cruise getaway!

0B3B98A3-1E5F-4A99-A9F7-2A38DE6CD9E3-2644-000001A6E5609924_zps02bd3982.jpg

Birdie757

Thanks guys! Sweetpee_1993 hand applique is not difficult at all. If you ever need any tips just let me know. I have an embroidery machine and prefer to do my appliques by hand most of the time!

luv

I've been meaning to take pics to post of these little cross body bags I made for myself for our kidless trip in May of '08. I designed them to be small, lightweight, and carry only the bare essentials. Inside I made 2 little pockets that are the perfect size to hold a Key to the World card and an ID (for beverage purposes). The bags are about 8" wide. They're just big enough to carry the bare essentials for a girl (id, room key, lip gloss, powder, comb, cell phone, and a change pouch). I gave them a simple velcro closure so access is super-duper easy when going thru bag check.

My favorite of the 2 is the pastel pactchwork one. I found that fabric as a remnant probably 12 years ago and have saved it for all these years for something really cool. I sewed the 3 wooden buttons on in a classic icon with different pastel threads for each. This thing is sweet but subtle. Love it!

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

And to really give an idea of scale, here's me wearing the bag at the conclusion of our Keys to the Kingdom tour, circa May '08:

100_1303.jpg

***edit***....um....hubby noticed just now when I showed him this pic so I thought I'd just sorta mention it for clarification in case any of y'all who've seen pics of me from my trip reports and notice a couple things..uh..missing......yes, this was before my girls came into my life......
I realize this thread is very old, but I think that is one of the most adorable bags (inside, too!) that I've ever seen. If you were my neighbor IRL, we'd hang out, lol.

Ariel484

@Birdie757 adorable dresses! Your models are so pretty! :)
@sweetpee_1993 LOVE the bag and passport holder. Really love the passport holder fabric...adorable. Want to whip up some of these for us ladies joining you on the girls cruise??? :D You should open an Etsy shop.

annawilliams

Those duffy dresses are so cute! I just got my first sewing machine for my birthday. I definitely want to try some of these cute projects!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm lousy at posting pictures but my ds's fist baby blanket was a hand quilted nine patch and hearts I made while I was preggers. He still sleeps with it in his room 10 years so far won't let me pack it away just yet! He likes to know it's still there for an emergercy.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I realize this thread is very old, but I think that is one of the most adorable bags (inside, too!) that I've ever seen. If you were my neighbor IRL, we'd hang out, lol.

Awwww...that's so sweet! Thank you! Yeah, IRL I'd loooove to have sewing buddies! My sons & husband just aren't quite as enthralled for some reason. ;)

Hey, @luv, you could hang out with @sweetpee_1993 IRL--think about joining the Unofficial Girls Cruise! :D (link in my signature and also http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ay-with-the-unofficial-wdwmagic-girls.857972/)

Kelly, you are the next Vera Bradley, you know that?? That passport case is brilliant! Absolutely perfect for a Disney cruise. You amaze me.

Oooooh...smooth plug there! Way to go! ;)

Thanks, Siobhan! I wouldn't say I'm the next Vera or anything but you look at her stuff...and Lilly Pulitzer dresses...and it's the simplicity of the products paired with the fun, colorful patterned fabrics that make them so popular. Do you know how easy that is? Find the fabric. Find the pattern. 2 + 2 = 4. It really is that easy. No special trick.

@Birdie757 adorable dresses! Your models are so pretty! :)
@sweetpee_1993 LOVE the bag and passport holder. Really love the passport holder fabric...adorable. Want to whip up some of these for us ladies joining you on the girls cruise??? :D You should open an Etsy shop.

I've been thinking that'd be a great project to make good use of my bins full of fun fabrics. And, hey! I can "break in" the new vintage sewing machine I got for Christmas. Now to just find the time...

Bethany M

The cross body bag is 12"x9"x2"...good size for carrying notebooks (notes for trip reports), travel documents, camera, etc. The coordinating wallet is a passport wallet. It holds up to 4 passports + has 4 slots for cards. Definitely my bag for this cruise getaway!

0B3B98A3-1E5F-4A99-A9F7-2A38DE6CD9E3-2644-000001A6E5609924_zps02bd3982.jpg

Do you have a pattern for this wallet or was this a creation of your own?

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Do you have a pattern for this wallet or was this a creation of your own?

That's a .pdf pattern I bought for a couple bucks off Etsy. I know I have the pattern file still but I'm thinking its on my MacBook. My Mac is currently awaiting a trip to the Apple store for a new charger. When I can access it again (next day or so) I'll look to see if its there. Oh! I *may* have saved the email w/attachment, too. I can look at that on my iPhone!

Jessica Meier

Excuse the blurriness of the picture. Anyone have any ideas as to what to embroider inside the balloons? We are visiting in Sept for my daughter's 5th birthday and it is her 2nd trip.

Bethany M

That's a .pdf pattern I bought for a couple bucks off Etsy. I know I have the pattern file still but I'm thinking its on my MacBook. My Mac is currently awaiting a trip to the Apple store for a new charger. When I can access it again (next day or so) I'll look to see if its there. Oh! I *may* have saved the email w/attachment, too. I can look at that on my iPhone!
Oh my god I hope so I love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom