Disney Restaurant Chain?

steamboatjosh

Original Poster
I was thinking a little while ago... What if Disney opened up a chain of restaurants across the US? Part of me thinks it would be awesome if they did because they do such well-themed restaurants and it would give a lot of people something Disney closer to home. However, part of me also thinks it may take away from that special feeling of eating in a Disney restaurant when you vacation at a Disney park.

What do you guys think?

steamboatjosh

Original Poster
Yes, but I'm talking about an actual restaurant. Not the semi-fast food but not type of thing. And an actual chain of the restaurants, not just the one or two locations. Also completely completely independent of the Disney Store or any other business owned by them.

Californian Elitist

No, thanks. I just don't like the sound or idea of a Disney chain of restaurants. It's weird to me, especially when I think about the company's roots. The legendary film and animation company, Disney, now starting chain restaurants... No.

DisneyPrincess5

I was thinking a little while ago... What if Disney opened up a chain of restaurants across the US? Part of me thinks it would be awesome if they did because they do such well-themed restaurants and it would give a lot of people something Disney closer to home. However, part of me also thinks it may take away from that special feeling of eating in a Disney restaurant when you vacation at a Disney park.

What do you guys think?
I've always thought the same thing. Where we live the options are expensive, cheap, boring, fondue, or hibachi. It would be awesome to have a unique choice with great theming that only disney could provide. But as you, I again think about it taking away from WDW experiences. Hmmmmm

HouCuseChickie

It would probably be huge and extremely popular if done the right way. Plus, it would definitely give Rainforest Café some competition. When you look at the success of things like the Disney Store and Disney on Ice (i.e. Disney things away from the parks), it seems very clear that they could see serious success with this. I think if you mixed the technology in some of the restaurants on the cruise ships and added in some characters, it would be a win. I know not everyone likes the idea of a character meal, but let's be honest...it has the strongest potential draw of the various restaurant types.

lazyboy97o

It would probably be huge and extremely popular if done the right way. Plus, it would definitely give Rainforest Café some competition. When you look at the success of things like the Disney Store and Disney on Ice (i.e. Disney things away from the parks), it seems very clear that they could see serious success with this. I think if you mixed the technology in some of the restaurants on the cruise ships and added in some characters, it would be a win. I know not everyone likes the idea of a character meal, but let's be honest...it has the strongest potential draw of the various restaurant types.
The Disney Stores have been limping along for years and continue to decrease the number of stores. DisneyQuest was cancelled. Mickey's Kitchen was cancelled. The ESPN Zones were closed. The urban entertainment centers never got off the ground. There is definitely something that Disney has not figured out on how to make smaller offerings works.

HouCuseChickie

The Disney Stores have been limping along for years and continue to decrease the number of stores. DisneyQuest was cancelled. Mickey's Kitchen was cancelled. The ESPN Zones were closed. The urban entertainment centers never got off the ground. There is definitely something that Disney has not figured out on how to make smaller offerings works.

What's funny with that is that all of the Disney stores here are always packed. The last time I was in one, I waited over 20 minutes to check out because so many people were buying merchandise. I guess they're better supported in some markets than others.

DisneyPrincess5

What's funny with that is that all of the Disney stores here are always packed. The last time I was in one, I waited over 20 minutes to check out because so many people were buying merchandise. I guess they're better supported in some markets than others.
They were always crowded near us too and one day...POOF...all gone!

copcarguyp71

Honestly with the homogenized dining at WDW I doubt if any Disney dining could be popular or even sustain itself outside of the world. You HAVE to eat Disney's offerings at WDW but outside of the "bubble" there are certainly more enticing and better offerings. I doubt if they could sustain any sort of dining experience anywhere but within WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom