Disney resort coffee, fine, great or awful?

Cartoons626

Original Poster
Hello :)

Just wondering what the coffee for the refillable mugs are like these days?
It's been about 5 years since I've had it last, has it improved or got worse?
What's you review?

Thanks for any replys :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Coffee is an apple vs oranges comparison.

A few years back Disney Dumped the NesCafe coffee syrup and I no longer need to bury the coffee in cream in the latest resort version.
Still it isn't Starbucks but I don't care for Starbucks 'regular' cup of coffee either though I do love their speciality coffee concoctions. Yum.

21stamps

I'd say "Fine". It's completely drinkable. I did bring packets of Starbucks Via with us last time. But honestly I maybe only used two of the coffee packets, the coffee in the room was ok, enough to give me much needed caffeine to make it to Captain Cooks to fill the mug ;). I did use all of the Refreshers that I brought though, you may want to pack a box if you're going during a hot time.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Disney uses Joffrey's Coffee in the food courts (and I think in table service restaurants). I like the coffee it isn't bitter to me and seems fairly smooth. I am not a Starbucks fan as their coffee always seems burnt and bitter. I don't use cream or sugar with the Joffreys coffee at all. , but then again I don't use it in any coffee anymore.

Jess G

It does the job till u can hit a Starbucks in the park lol. I'm a coffee fanatic... I didn't wake up looking forward to it, nor did I wake up dreading it. I usually used the coffee and pods provided in the room in the morning, it's the same coffee they serve at the cafeteria and it saves a walk. I always use water bottles to fill the water and buy creamer the first day of the trip.

DisneyJunkie

While it's not out-right disgusting, or phenomenally delicious......it's really "meh" at best. It will satisfy your normal morning coffee craving (provided you use cream and sugar) and that's about it.

Cartoons626

Original Poster
Coffee is an apple vs oranges comparison.

A few years back Disney Dumped the NesCafe coffee syrup and I no longer need to bury the coffee in cream in the latest resort version.
Still it isn't Starbucks but I don't care for Starbucks 'regular' cup of coffee either though I do love their speciality coffee concoctions. Yum.

Thanks for the reply, glad the coffee has improved a bit. I like a good cup of coffee but I'm not a snob about it either but I'll definitely be trying out Starbucks when I hit the parks :)

Cartoons626

Original Poster
I'd say "Fine". It's completely drinkable. I did bring packets of Starbucks Via with us last time. But honestly I maybe only used two of the coffee packets, the coffee in the room was ok, enough to give me much needed caffeine to make it to Captain Cooks to fill the mug ;). I did use all of the Refreshers that I brought though, you may want to pack a box if you're going during a hot time.

Thanks for the reply, that's a good tip bringing coffee packets, I will definitely try that out :) what are refreshers though?

Cartoons626

Original Poster
Disney uses Joffrey's Coffee in the food courts (and I think in table service restaurants). I like the coffee it isn't bitter to me and seems fairly smooth. I am not a Starbucks fan as their coffee always seems burnt and bitter. I don't use cream or sugar with the Joffreys coffee at all. , but then again I don't use it in any coffee anymore.

Thanks for reply, thanks for the great description, it sounds good to me :) I take just a drop of milk myself :)

Cartoons626

Original Poster
It does the job till u can hit a Starbucks in the park lol. I'm a coffee fanatic... I didn't wake up looking forward to it, nor did I wake up dreading it. I usually used the coffee and pods provided in the room in the morning, it's the same coffee they serve at the cafeteria and it saves a walk. I always use water bottles to fill the water and buy creamer the first day of the trip.

Thanks for the reply, I know what you mean, I just need a caffeine boost to start my day, as long as it's better than nescaffe instant I'll be fine :) we don't have coffee makers at pop but I like sitting at the tables outside the pop canteen enjoying the morning sun :) can't wait now! :D

Cartoons626

Original Poster
While it's not out-right disgusting, or phenomenally delicious......it's really "meh" at best. It will satisfy your normal morning coffee craving (provided you use cream and sugar) and that's about it.

Thanks for the reply, it sounds like it will do the job, I just need a quick caffeine kick in the morning :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom