Disney Quest to close in July 2017

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

JWG

So, will they finally officially can the "water parks and more" option as there is really no "more" option anymore? NBA is pretty niche, though probably more popular globally than the other sports (I'd say not football in the U.S.). Curious to see how that goes. That's a huge facility to be tied into something that defined.

Cmdr_Crimson

The only game I really liked was Pinball Slam....Just about a year ago they finally switched to HD Projection and the image is much better than it was before..
project_03_a.jpg

I hope they could incorporate it to the NBA Experience and retheme it to basketball pinball...But, I doubt it...:(

doctornick

I'm sad partially because I don't care for the NBA at all (so the new offering doesn't appeal to me) and partially because I did like DQ for what it was. We rarely went there, but with DTD being redeveloped, I could see us spending more like in DTD and, thus, more likely to have visited DQ in the future were it to stick around.

It does bring up the interesting question of what will go on with the Water Parks and More option.

DisneyDebRob

So, will they finally officially can the "water parks and more" option as there is really no "more" option anymore? NBA is pretty niche, though probably more popular globally than the other sports (I'd say not football in the U.S.). Curious to see how that goes. That's a huge facility to be tied into something that defined.
They still have mini golf as a "more" option.

PhotoDave219

ugh..now NFL i'd say yayy!.
have a ride dvd from the virtual coaster..my face goes from utter enjoyment to queasy in a matter of moments..
my GF at the time next to me was unfazed.
I agree with StarBurst...ughhh. This will be one area we don't visit...but that means less crowds for those who love the NBA...and I know there are lots of fans out there.

NBA city restaurant over at CityWalk just never quite worked right… And is closing.

ESPN and ABC are huge broadcast partners with the NBA. The NBA is huge internationally in Europe and China.

It's a much better fit than most people think.

doctornick

NBA city restaurant over at CityWalk just never quite worked right… And is closing.

ESPN and ABC are huge broadcast partners with the NBA. The NBA is huge internationally in Europe and China.

It's a much better fit than most people think.

Like most things, it depends more on the execution. DQ is a huge building for the NBA to take over -- so, the question is what exactly it will entail. This can't just be a restaurant, sports bar, merch location -- there's going to be some significant interactive stuff. Even though I don't care for the NBA, I think there's definitely potential for something good, so I hope it works well.

That said, I'd rather see the space dedicated to multiple sports (e.g. an ESPN experience) than just the NBA. But I can understand the desire by Disney to have third party operators.

epcot2004

How sad. I am a Disney Quest fan. Definitely a lost opportunity to bring the product to other locations especially up here where winter lasts forever and we are always looking for indoor entertainment. I had been to the Chicago location and it was great. Seemed like they were either never fully committed or did not project cost/time to upgrade and replace attractions. I am of the opinion that they never properly marketed/promoted this concept. I imagine most will disagree but that is OK.:)

Cmdr_Crimson

How sad. I am a Disney Quest fan. Definitely a lost opportunity to bring the product to other locations especially up here where winter lasts forever and we are always looking for indoor entertainment. I had been to the Chicago location and it was great. Seemed like they were either never fully committed or did not project cost/time to upgrade and replace attractions. I am of the opinion that they never properly marketed/promoted this concept. I imagine most will disagree but that is OK.:)

I went to the Chicago one more times than the Orlando one. It is strange to see it as a furniture store...The only thing they still have is a few stairways and the former Cyborlators as regular Elevators..Here's what it looks like now...
p5.jpg

PhotoDave219

yea good riddance to the NBA rest. in citywalk...
just dont see the reasoning in just one sports league

Because the NBA is willing to pay for it. It's that simple…

If the NFL (which frankly can't even pay its players a guaranteed contracts so them making a theme restaurant seems unlikely) Or MLB or NHL (which has one in NYC) want to shell out some money, they can have one too.

Cmdr_Crimson

I personally think Disney Quest would be awesome if it were updated rather than totally replaced. But oh well. I've only been to the one in Chicago when it was open. Never been to the Florida version.

Not missing much..Layout was identical from each other except they had an extra game in the explore zone..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom