mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by valmont
Yup, soy Boricua de San Juan! :wave:

cool man.. donde en San Juan.. jaja.. fuy criado en Condado

Michael72688

Hold on, if PR was on American soil it would be a state, and they wouldn't be kicking the military out, but they are, and their not a state, so it's not American soil

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Michael72688
Hold on, if PR was on American soil it would be a state, and they wouldn't be kicking the military out, but they are, and their not a state, so it's not American soil

alright michael..

so what is DC... or Guam... or American Samoa... or the US Virgin Islands..

they're territories. Just like Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the US... and if you get enough protestors, they'll remove a base from the mainland too.

Michael72688

Originally posted by mkt
alright michael..

so what is DC... or Guam... or American Samoa... or the US Virgin Islands..

they're territories. Just like Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the US... and if you get enough protestors, they'll remove a base from the mainland too.

I will agree that they are territories, but I persoanlly dont say that they are American soil, Florida, Hawaii, NY, thats American soil

valmont

The first thing you see when you arrive at the airport its WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES so I consider PR to be part of the United States

Michael72688

Originally posted by valmont
The first thing you see when you arrive at the airport its WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES so I consider PR to be part of the United States

huh, thats an interesting one, I still dont get why you all dont just become a state. maybe pay a tax or two, hehe, maybe you could help fund Bush's "War on Terror"

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
I will agree that they are territories, but I persoanlly dont say that they are American soil, Florida, Hawaii, NY, thats American soil

hmm.. if its residents are US citizens from birth, use the US dollar, and abroad are represented by US embassies, it's US soil.

If the INS has to keep illegal immigrants out, it's US soil.

If they use the US postal service, it's US soil.

If a visiting foreigner has to go through US customs, it's US soil.

If el Morro and el Yunque are both overseen by the US national park service, it's US soil.

and finally..

if a Puerto Rican soldier can serve alongside a soldier from NY, AZ, CA, HI, or FL, and die alongside them, while defending the US, it's US soil.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
huh, thats an interesting one, I still dont get why you all dont just become a state. maybe pay a tax or two, hehe, maybe you could help fund Bush's "War on Terror"

alright.. i'm guessing you are some sort of ignoramus then... How about this...

Puerto Rican soldiers have served, AND DIED, in the US war on terror. Puerto Rico in part funds the PR Air National Guard, part of the US army. And PR residents pay state taxes that are higher than federal taxes. If you wanna get into this debate with me, you're gonna lose, so back out now.

Mission: SPACE

Originally posted by mkt
bingo... not to mention, it's also US soil. If they're adding a 10 night cruise as announced, a stop on US soil would be wise for restocking supplies and not get ripped off (well... not as bad as other islands)

off topic...

Valmont, tu eres Boricua... de cual parte?

They're definately doing the 10 night cruise now... I get a magazine from Port Canaveral, and I just recieved the July/August edition today, but it had an article in it about the seven night cruises with different iteneraries (San Juan and Antigua) as well as info about the ten night cruise... If DCL wasn't going to do it, they wouldn't let Port Canaveral publish it...

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Mission: SPACE
They're definately doing the 10 night cruise now... I get a magazine from Port Canaveral, and I just recieved the July/August edition today, but it had an article in it about the seven night cruises with different iteneraries (San Juan and Antigua) as well as info about the ten night cruise... If DCL wasn't going to do it, they wouldn't let Port Canaveral publish it...

awesome.. they're announcing out in the open now. I posted about it a few months back from an industry publication

PhotoDave219

Er...... Puerto Rico is American Soil. Its a commonwealth and a United States Territory that has democratically chosen to remain a commonwealth rather than a state.

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by mkt
alright.. i'm guessing you are some sort of ignoramus then... How about this...

Puerto Rican soldiers have served, AND DIED, in the US war on terror. Puerto Rico in part funds the PR Air National Guard, part of the US army. And PR residents pay state taxes that are higher than federal taxes. If you wanna get into this debate with me, you're gonna lose, so back out now.

Didnt that PR solider die like the other day?

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by PhotoDave219
Didnt that PR solider die like the other day?

yup... I think PR is up to 4 or 5 casualties now in the "war on terrorism"

freaklarm

I know as a fact that DCL is comming to PR, what is still hard for me to believe is a Disney Park here, but whatever, anything could happen in this world. BTW it will be easier for me because if they are going to built a Disney Seas type thing in PR, then they are going to have boats so I can request a transfer from WDW Watercraft to the "Disney's Caribbean Sea" Theme Park. Yeaah, I'm getting all excited now.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
the Disney seas thing was just a joke... I don't think they'd build a park there. However... something like a Boardwalk, but to a much larger scale, with a latin theme, that would also be open to the public...

that I could see.

Mikejakester

Uhm MKT sum it up pretty good there... I could not have said it better my self! MKT REPRESENTING! PR! :lol: :wave:

One more thing... We didin't trow out the navy... the navy was taken out by a group of rebelius ppl,wich take up about 5% of the population of the isand, that protested with the PR Goverment and there was an agreement to take them out due to enviromental concerns.... Sadly only the negative stuff and anti american protestants are the only thing that gets out into the media...and people get a bad impression of us... SO usually when you see something anti american on CNN or the news, is usually representing Less than 5% of the population... Why? cuz sadly thats the only thing that sells now a days... Negative stuff and Se X. and as for tax... I would bet we give more money to the US than some of the actuall states... AS for military stuff... Believe it or not... We are usually one of the First to arrive at the battle field... I rememeber... When the war coverage , one of the first groups i heard to sent out was one from Puerto Rico... Do they anounce that on the news?? Nooooo..... geez I wonder why... So next time your going to talk about something. make sure you know the facts before saying anything... No vallas a meter la pata!

Cheers! Saludos!

Puerto Rico.... Puerto Rico.... Mi borinquen....

Oh by the way.... Just arrived from the Expos Vs. Cubs Game today in PR... It was awsome.
the Cubs lost thooo :dazzle: :cry:

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
*does super secret PR handshake with Mike*

*remembers... I'm not a PR native.. lol.. I only grew up there*

oh well... c'est la vie... no one is perfect

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom