Disney Princess Marathon weekend

SoccerMickey

I was 1 of 194 men who completed the Disney's Princess 1/2 Marathon and I just wanted to say that everyone should sign up for next year's. It was a blast! Even though it was geared towards women, men were allowed to participate...I did hear some women make comments about the men being there...some were not happy about it but the excitement and feeling of accomplishment that you get outweighs that by a mile...13.1 miles to be exact!

raven

...I did hear some women make comments about the men being there...some were not happy about it...

I was at the start gate early in the morning before the participants came to line up. Once they began to come, HUGE line began at the porta potties. The doors faced away from the road so that the lines wouldn't clog the people waiting to start. I heard a few women say "You can tell a man was in charge of this." :lol:

SoccerMickey

I agree the amount of porta potties available in a race marketed towards women was unbelievably such a bad move...but RIGHT after Mile 1 I couldn't hold it anymore and I went in the woods...and I was impressed with the amount of girls who thought the woods were good enough for them too. It was a real bonding moment.

raven

I agree the amount of porta potties available in a race marketed towards women was unbelievably such a bad move....

Well, there weren't nearly as many people participating in the Princess 1/2 Marathon as the Cigna one in January. There were 350 porta potties at the start/finish area alone that made a huge courtyard. They even had the handicap ones that looked like "suites." We called it Potty City. :lol:

courtfran

Not only did it seem there were not enough port a potties but a lot of them were in areas with no light so they were pitch black. Otherwise it was a great race and I recommend it to anyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom