News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

novanoto

That perspective being:

Legacy! What is a legacy? It's planting seeds in a garden you never get to see. Disney, you great unfinished symphony, you sent for me. You let me make a difference; a place where even orphan weathermen can leave their fingerprints and RISE UP I'm running out of time, I'm running and my TIME'S UP, WISE UP, eyes up. I catch a glimpse of the other side. Ashman leads an ocean chorus on the other side, the Shermans are on the other side, they're with Roy on the other side, WALT is watching from the other side (teach me how to say goodbye). RISE UP RISE UP RISE UP ZENIAAAAA!

That's one for the theater kids in the back.

You win the internet today!!

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
You win the internet today!!
I don't think anyone else got the joke.

1695321761082.png

MR.Dis

Just wondering, maybe Iger is seeing that one way or another, his time with Disney is coming to an end. So his final legacy is to leave WDW in great shape. That in 10 years from now those on social media will be pining if we only had a visionary like Iger running Disney now. LOL

choco choco

Parks investment to 60 billion over 10 years. But they didn’t specify what 10 years 😉

One thing that’s for sure, TWDC is about story telling.

It certainly can’t be the next ten years. I don’t even know how people are taking this seriously. Disney doesn't have 60 billion on hand. If Disney waited and didn’t spend a single dime of their net income for the next ten years and added all that up to their current cash reserves, they STILL wouldn’t have $60 billion.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
absolutely - also makes next year's D23 event that much more interesting

I do think giving concrete numbers to Wall St like this means they have to do something directionally like what they are saying. Obviously can be some adjustments but you can't tell investors something like this and then do next to nothing or you could be sued for misleading investors
Well, $60 billion of 2033 dollars will be like $10 billion 2023 dollars, given current inflation...

Disstevefan1

It certainly can’t be the next ten years. I don’t even know how people are taking this seriously. Disney doesn't have 60 billion on hand. If Disney waited and didn’t spend a single dime of their net income for the next ten years and added all that up to their current cash reserves, they STILL wouldn’t have $60 billion.
Well I think they have credit lines from their sweet DEI/SEG lenders.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
That perspective being:

Legacy! What is a legacy? It's planting seeds in a garden you never get to see. Disney, you great unfinished symphony, you sent for me. You let me make a difference; a place where even orphan weathermen can leave their fingerprints and RISE UP I'm running out of time, I'm running and my TIME'S UP, WISE UP, eyes up. I catch a glimpse of the other side. Ashman leads an ocean chorus on the other side, the Shermans are on the other side, they're with Roy on the other side, WALT is watching from the other side (teach me how to say goodbye). RISE UP RISE UP RISE UP ZENIAAAAA!

That's one for the theater kids in the back.

Take your time, I'll see you on the other side (the other side being Universal)...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’m too tired today to chase down the net income numbers from the past 6-7 years. If what you say is true, then Bob must be planning to acquire a large amount of cash somehow… 🤔

pdude81

Net profit is after infrastructure investments (and plenty of other things), not before.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Lol.. is this post even serious?

You don't need 60 billion on hand to spend that years from now. The company is cash flow positive.

You've literally scrolled past how many posts showing the company is spending 3-4 billion per year NOW. That's 30-40billion already. So you want an additional 20-30 billion over 10 years.

The company today generates over 5 billion a year in positive cash flow. In prior years that's been as high as 14+billion. At end of FY23 they had nearly 16 billion on hand in cash or equivalents.

Nevermind you don't always use cash for capEx..

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom