Disney Plans Gentler Mission: Space

LaughingGravy

MS: Lite 2

Here's a great opportunity to bring back a classic.
"Mission to Mars"
Put it right next to M:S.
That won't confuse anybody. :lol:

lewisc

People aren't riding MS, it's running below capacity. Some guests may be scared. Depending on my meal schedule I may skip MS some trips.

The purpose of the new version is expand the number of guests who ride the attraction. I'm sure Disney wouldn't be doing anything if there were enough riders. Most of the time I wind up getting a fast pass for TT, MS (at least for the singles line) is frequently not much more than a walk on.

dxer07002 said:
Thanks Marni, you da best!!!!! From the looks of your overlay, there appears to be ample room if Disney wants to build another showroom for a 2nd edition of M:S.. As unlikely as that may be, there is room... And true, why spend the millions?? They can easily convert WoL to a 2nd space pavilion, however, also unlikely... At least, i think it is unlikely.. but who knows what Disney has up its sleeve...

flagen

MS the version thats there now is not worth the hype. I rode it 3 times last November and could barely tell i was even spinning. Im not a fast ride junkie, this ride tells you about 5-6 times to keep you head back and look straight forward and other nice Disney Warnings. A cast member told us that the g forces were lowered. Will they now raise them back up??

People can die/get hurt and almost any ride if they have any kind of health condition. Some people have never even been on MS yet they post how sick it will make them and other things before they even try it.

How many people have died in Space Mountain the past 15 years? Or To some people it might be scarey? To some people it might make them sick (Heck some people got sick on Mr. Toad!). But you can't compare it to Star Tours or POTC until you ride it for youself.

Captain Chaos

flagen said:
MS the version thats there now is not worth the hype. I rode it 3 times last November and could barely tell i was even spinning. Im not a fast ride junkie, this ride tells you about 5-6 times to keep you head back and look straight forward and other nice Disney Warnings. A cast member told us that the g forces were lowered. Will they now raise them back up??

The G's were never lowered... They are the same now as they were when the ride opened.. Nothing about the ride was ever tamed.... Not until this announcement came up.. So, if a CM told you that then you were lied to...

I totally agree that it isn't worth the hype... I rode it once and that was enough for me... Didn't like it...

lewisc said:
People aren't riding MS, it's running below capacity. Some guests may be scared. Depending on my meal schedule I may skip MS some trips.

The purpose of the new version is expand the number of guests who ride the attraction. I'm sure Disney wouldn't be doing anything if there were enough riders. Most of the time I wind up getting a fast pass for TT, MS (at least for the singles line) is frequently not much more than a walk on.

I know that... We discussed this earlier :) That is why I am for the new version... to include more people and hopefully cut down on the number of illness complaints...

blackerbys17

Well, count me in too! I'm all for a tamer version of MS. I've said it several times, I have no health problems, am in my 20s, rode MS, and got sick for WEEKS! I think this way everybody is happy. The ones who love it get to keep their ride, and those of us that don't like it don't have to go without MS anymore. Can't wait to FINALLY enjoy it! :sohappy:

Skellington88

I say they should just eat the costs and gut out the building and build a new attraction inside as well as flesh out the space pavillion more. I am not impressed with mission space and I have been on it a few times when it opened. I think the ride is anything BUT intense, I think the simulations are poor (compare the asteroid manuvering in M:S to the comets sequence in Star Tours...ST is like 20 years old now and the sequence is far more thrilling and fun). I have spoken to many people (not disney fans...GENERAL public) and for the most part they find the ride "worth going on once for the sensations...but thats about it."

imagineersrock

cruzin2paradise said:
Is there a time-frame for this tamer version? Does anyone know? I go in 22 days and I'd personally prefer the tamer version.

Thanks.
Close call... Disney says "By the beginning of summer" in the press release. Besides that we haven't really heard any solid dates yet.

jmvd20

imagineersrock said:
Close call... Disney says "By the beginning of summer" in the press release. Besides that we haven't really heard any solid dates yet.

Hopefully they will be using this time to make the "tame" version a good experience for the riders. I have defended this decision on these boards and I hope WDI can back me up on this :D, if not I must walk away... defeated, with my head down and tail between my legs :eek:

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
jmvd20 said:
Hopefully they will be using this time to make the "tame" version a good experience for the riders. I have defended this decision on these boards and I hope WDI can back me up on this :D, if not I must walk away... defeated, with my head down and tail between my legs :eek:

OMG You have a tail????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

jmvd20

kiawahman said:
there's four centrifuge's? i thought it was just the one

Well most of the time they only need to use one :lookaroun

Actually there are 4 of them, must be another reason why M:S was so expensive. They have the different bays to increase ride capacity per hour.

beachbum527

surprise fast passes

hi... went to epcot today and rode mission space. don't know if this has been noted.... but just thought i would say that when getting my fastpass for test track i received a bonus mission space fast pass. I got my test track fast pass around 11:25am and was able to ride mission space between 11:30am and 12:00pm. just thought this was interesting. I ended up heading to soarin' to use my fast pass... and by the time I went back to mission space to use the bonus fast pass it was about 1:15 and they let me and my parents in anyway.

-beachbum

jmvd20

beachbum527 said:
hi... went to epcot today and rode mission space. don't know if this has been noted.... but just thought i would say that when getting my fastpass for test track i received a bonus mission space fast pass. I got my test track fast pass around 11:25am and was able to ride mission space between 11:30am and 12:00pm. just thought this was interesting. I ended up heading to soarin' to use my fast pass... and by the time I went back to mission space to use the bonus fast pass it was about 1:15 and they let me and my parents in anyway.

-beachbum

Haven't heard about bonus FP before - maybe it's something new. From what I have read on other threads it is normal for CM's to let you use a FP after they have expired, that part isn't out of the ordinary.

MickeyTigg

Original Poster
jmvd20 said:
Haven't heard about bonus FP before - maybe it's something new. From what I have read on other threads it is normal for CM's to let you use a FP after they have expired, that part isn't out of the ordinary.

Few if any CM's enforce the FP times if you show up after your posted time.

jmvd20

TiggerRPh said:
Few if any CM's enforce the FP times if you show up after your posted time.

I've gotten away with that many times, just once did I have a problem where a CM wouldn't let me use it about 5 minutes after it expired. Didn't argue about it though, just said OK and walked away. I was on vacation at the time, I can come here to argue anytime I see a M:S thread :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom