Disney Parks Time Of your Life Song from the 2009 Add?

pjammer

My gut says it's an orignal with a nobody singer that we will have to wait til the release the Disney Parks "What will you celebrate? Celebration" Official CD. I'll probably buy with my $75 fun card on my birthday.:ROFLOL:

LongtimeReader

Not the David Cook song "Time of my Life". I did take the time to write the lyrics of the Ad down. It might help us get to the bottom of this mystery.

It's the time of your life
You don't want to mess up
I'm right here with you now

Cause you get the chance
And you take it
Make it the best you can make it
Why should you hold back

It's the time of your life
You don't want to mess up
I'm right here with you now

There's so many reasons why
That you don't want to stop
It's your chance live it up

For everything you do
Lets celebrate life, woah
Lets celebrate life
Everything you do
Lets celebrate life

"You won't want to miss out on the here and now" is the lyric I think, not "you don't want to mess up I'm right here with you now." At least I think so...

That said, I'm so glad I'm not the only one that totally loves this song. I'm pretty sure it's an original song and likely a non-name singer (they're way cheaper), as there are other videos out there with a different arrangement and a more "generic" female voice doing just a few lines of it. Unlikely that it would be released, but maybe if we show enough support it will show up on the next official album! Randy???

I actually think it sounds like Five for Fighting's style, seems like something he would write.

etwtec

Can't think of who exactly but it does sound like some artist like Jessie Mccartney or something, not really into his music so that's just a guess lol. I am sure your right that it wont be released until there is a official album sorry to say :(. One thing WDW is horrible about and that is releasing audio. Unlike TDL.

pjammer

"You won't want to miss out on the here and now" is the lyric I think, not "you don't want to mess up I'm right here with you now."

I totally agree. I think I kept watching the little red head boy squinting when the barber was cutting his hair and that was why I was hearing the mess up part, (cause I listen several, several times) but I can now hear your version correctly.

kcw

Can't think of who exactly but it does sound like some artist like Jessie Mccartney or something, not really into his music so that's just a guess lol. I am sure your right that it wont be released until there is a official album sorry to say :(. One thing WDW is horrible about and that is releasing audio. Unlike TDL.

I don't think it's Jesse McCartney- his voice isn't nearly that deep. And I'd say definitely not David Cook, and probably not John Mclaughlin. Although I hadn't heard the song before I opened this thread, so when I saw "Time of Your Life" I thought for sure they were using Cook and subconsciously promoting AI at the same time.... :rolleyes:

Disney_Freak429

First its not either David or Jesse I would bet my life on that. I agree it does sound a bit like John Mclaughlin but we won't know for sure who it is until Disney lets us know. For now as a reminder if you want it as a ringtone just hop over to Myxer I already have it up. :D

Disneykidder

Thanks for posting it Fizzle. I haven't seen it until now. I just love Disney commercials. They always bring a smile to my face.

Anyway, sounds like a soft rock version band like a Cold Play or something along those lines. It is a great song.

Btw, today is my birthday...I have to wait a whole year to get in free?? He he.:)

journeyman

Has anyone emailed disney about his they may give you the information?
I would try media relations, to start with.

i thought it did sound a little like Chris Martin from Coldplay.

Edit: i have just sent an email to them about the track so i'll keep you posted

wild01ride

Just to help clarify who it may/maynot be, I'm 99% certain that it's an African American artist. I'm not completely familiar with all the artists mentioned by others here, but it'll eliminate the Jesse McCartney's, Daniel Beddinfield's, etc.

I do agree with the poster who said "it is probably a studio artist." Few advertisings schemes include original artists or "pop" artists, often because of the high $ they require to use their services.
Even in Disney advertising, events, celebrations, etc. past - when they have used a "pop" song, or what-have-you, it is usually not the original (or most well-known) artist that is performing it for the advertisement, etc.
For example, Brian McKnight's (or forgive me if it was originally another songwriter) "Remember the Magic".

Nevertheless, it's important to mention, as-especially in this case- we can all agree that a studio artist can touch us equally if not more than a lot of the "pop" artists (and unfortunately, they get far less money!).

HappyHaunt1000

Just to help clarify who it may/maynot be, I'm 99% certain that it's an African American artist.

It's funny you should say that. I've been thinking for a while that it sounds like Coffey. He was the black guy on Nashville Star. I don't know if it is, but that who came to mind when i first heard it. Whoever it is, I like it a lot and wish it were available.

Brian,

Did you hear the Richard Sherman interview on the WDW Radio Podcast a few weeks back? It was a great interview with a true Disney legend.

I did because I love the Sherman Brothers due to their involvement with Annette Funnicello and her pop career. I'm such a cheeseball.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom