Disney Parks show behind the scenes in Disneyland Sign Shop....

TP2000

Very fun!

Is it just me, or do the Disneyland posts from Anaheim managers on Disney Parks Blog have more interesting things and relevance than the posts from Orlando?

I really don't want this to get into a WDW vs. DLR thing, honestly, but it just seems like the people in Anaheim provide more interesting and relevant and more compelling material and subjects on their Disney Parks Blog posts.

Disneyland info seems to be about upcoming theme park attraction and entertainment additions and info, or very clever behind the scenes looks at stuff. They even let in a bit of wit and critical thinking in there. And they schedule regular park meets where the blog hostess with the mostess meets n' greets the blog participants at fun park events (with freebies passed out!).

WDW info seems to be about upcoming theme park merchandise and food offerings, or pre-fabricated and overly corporate cheerleading. What wit there is from the Orlando crew seems to be canned and santized for your protection by a corporate censor in some secret Orlando lair. And never are WDW bloggers invited to meet in the parks.

This difference I've noticed appears to be an outgrowth of the different personalities that are tasked with providing info on Disney Parks Blog about their respective properties or departments. There's a noticeable difference between info and blog events coming out of Anaheim and info and blog events coming out of Orlando.

Or is that just me? :confused:

WEDwaydatamover

I completely agree TP2000. Team Disney Anaheim and Orlando (in general) could certainly learn a few things from one another and I will leave it at that.

TP2000

I completely agree TP2000. Team Disney Anaheim and Orlando (in general) could certainly learn a few things from one another and I will leave it at that.

Glad to hear I'm not just imagining it then.

I never cease to be fascinated by the different ways the two American properties operate and how they act publicly. The personalities on display at the Disney Parks Blog, and the different ways they interact online and in real life (or not interact in real life, as the case may be) seems to bring this difference to an easily identifiable format.

It's quite interesting how the two properties behave so differently.

WEDwaydatamover

Disneyland is Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room and Walt Disney World is The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management. It's real simple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom