Disney Night Kingdom

RSoxNo1

The whole eastern side of the park offers things to do at night. :shrug:

Yes, but in reality there are two good rides at night, year round - Everest and Dinosaur. During the winter it's too cold to ride Kali at night.

The park still needs more offerings, both live animal based, and non live animal based.

As for Jim Hill being the grain of salt king - he was right about Night Kingdom, the plans did exist. I don't question the existance of the stuff he reports - what I question is how far along in the process these things are. His tendency is to overstate the development of something rather than the concepts behind that something.

dove_

I believe it is the habitats. Someone posted recently that there is a whole other savanna basically where animals get relocated to when needed, that guests never see. I think the specific case mentioned was when an animal was pregnant, the zebras get moved over as they have a habit of killing baby animals that annoy them.

Really, you can see most of the area of safaris from the truck, minus the actual barns. The 'whole other savannah' is indeed large, but probably not what you would need for night kingdom. The zebras are kept there now, you can occasionally see them right after the tiliting bridge.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
There is a lot of risk involved with the idea, because, like the Disney Institute idea, and Pleasure Island, Disney's plan was IMO trying to expand the market into different areas that are not traditionally theirs.

I think it would be a very hard sell, especially if Disney couldn't fully explain what it is easily. As someone else pointed out, Discovery Cove had a very easily recognizable pull, swimming with dolphins.

Honestly, to this day I really don't know what else is offered at Discovery Cove, but I know they have that.

I never heard anything in the rumors that would make anyone say "OMG I HAVE TO DO THAT!"...not even close

_Scar

Yes, but in reality there are two good rides at night, year round - Everest and Dinosaur. During the winter it's too cold to ride Kali at night.

The park still needs more offerings, both live animal based, and non live animal based.

As for Jim Hill being the grain of salt king - he was right about Night Kingdom, the plans did exist. I don't question the existance of the stuff he reports - what I question is how far along in the process these things are. His tendency is to overstate the development of something rather than the concepts behind that something.

I like PW at night too.

I can continuously do EE, PW, Kali, and Dino and never get bored. Grab some ice cream in Asia and I'm good to go. :p

But yes, ITA DAK needs more. Maybe something on the western side of the park.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
i second that 5 theme parks in disney world is a stupid thing. Hollywood studios is a very small park and doesn't have that many rides. Animal Kingdom is only open until 5:00 PM for the animals. Epcot is changing most if their rides into worse things. and Magic Kingdom is already having a fantasyland update.

New hong kong disneyland is the one that needs another themepark! :wave:

RSoxNo1

Primeval Whirl is a better attraction at night, but that's like saying a punch to the face is better if the person is wearing a glove. It's still nothing great.

I actually went on it at night my last trip after vowing not to go on it again. I actually think that if they're going to keep this, they should enclose it, and use blacklights on the set pieces. I can only hope that the reason they haven't done this is that it's going to be removed for something better.

We should look towards DCA to see how much of an improvement the transformation of Mulholland Madness to Goofy's Sky School helps the attraction. I'm not optimistic, but who knows.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Country Bear Jamboree would be prefect in Animal Kingdom! Maybe Critter Country perhaps? Maybe Country Bear Jamboree, America Sings, and Animal Mountain :D

Oh, and maybe even The Country Bear Steakhouse :slurp:

disney needs to create a new kingdom themed to villians... sort of like a reverse magic kingdom... and call it V for the roman numeral 5 and the first letter of villians... also this park would be more thrill oriented... to compete more with IOA... because i know many people who go to both parks only because UNI is more thrilling... but we all know disney can do better if they try

TalkingHead

disney needs to create a new kingdom themed to villians... sort of like a reverse magic kingdom... and call it V for the roman numeral 5 and the first letter of villians... also this park would be more thrill oriented... to compete more with IOA... because i know many people who go to both parks only because UNI is more thrilling... but we all know disney can do better if they try

Did I just step into a WDW-internet-discussion time machine and land in 1995?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom