Disney Nextel Trees

WDWFREAK53

I saw one at the Animal Kingdom last weekend and it did stick out like a sore thumb...but at least they disguised it.

DisneyCrazyGirl

I live in New York (Westchester County) and they have one of those on this parkway. It looks awful. It is taller than all the other trees. It's just funny. You can tell it's a cell phone tower and they only put leaves on like 1/8 of it. I should try to get a picture! :lol:

tigsmom

I've seen them too. They are all up and down 95. I think we saw some in every state from NY to Florida.

Give them credit for trying, even if the really didn't hit the mark.

Robfasto

They look much better than the tower alone,

I was talking to an engineer involved with the project and found the are placed in the locations that they are in for coverage reasons, and not wanting to 'double' up coverage by getting 2 towers to close as that would be a waste of money.

The Animal Kingdom tower provides coverage for the Animal Kingdom Lodge that is why it is not in the park.

Epcot has 2 Towers, the first is located in the Epcot parking lot without even trying to hide the other is in World Showcase, and unless someone tells you where you would NEVER find it. When asked why the antenna was not placed on the 'wand' over Spaceship Earth he said that wand may not be there forever.

The Magic Kingdom area has 2 Towers, 1 just Northwest of the Grand Floridian the other on top of the Contemporary Resort.

Gail Hayden

DisneyCrazyGirl said:
I live in New York (Westchester County) and they have one of those on this parkway. It looks awful. It is taller than all the other trees. It's just funny. You can tell it's a cell phone tower and they only put leaves on like 1/8 of it. I should try to get a picture! :lol:

Are you talking about the one on the Merritt (is it still the Merritt in NY?) by the rest area? I thought at first it was real, until I noticed how odd it was. :)

goofyman

DisneyCrazyGirl said:
I know that tree, it looks like a GIANT red wood with no branches...lol :lol:

DisneyCrazyGirl

Gail Hayden said:
Are you talking about the one on the Merritt (is it still the Merritt in NY?) by the rest area? I thought at first it was real, until I noticed how odd it was. :)

No, but it is near the Merritt. It's on the Hutch by the Mobil Station between Mamroneck Avenue and North Street exits. It's hilarious. People of upper Westchester must go crazy when they see that! :lol:

AliciaLuvzDizne

its on the hutch
i have a picture on my old cell phone, does anyone know how to get it if i dont still use the phone?

i should just go take another one

Captain Hank

Robfasto said:
They look much better than the tower alone,

I was talking to an engineer involved with the project and found the are placed in the locations that they are in for coverage reasons, and not wanting to 'double' up coverage by getting 2 towers to close as that would be a waste of money.

The Animal Kingdom tower provides coverage for the Animal Kingdom Lodge that is why it is not in the park.

Epcot has 2 Towers, the first is located in the Epcot parking lot without even trying to hide the other is in World Showcase, and unless someone tells you where you would NEVER find it. When asked why the antenna was not placed on the 'wand' over Spaceship Earth he said that wand may not be there forever.

The Magic Kingdom area has 2 Towers, 1 just Northwest of the Grand Floridian the other on top of the Contemporary Resort.
Very true about the World Showcase one. It's inside the American Adventure tower, if I remember correctly.

Pioneer Hall

The cell trees are a very common thing along highways in rural areas now. The other day I was driving to PA and there were a bunch of them along the road.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
goofyman said:
I know that tree, it looks like a GIANT red wood with no branches...lol :lol:

I guess everyone on these boards lives in the tri-state area, because I know exactly which towere you are talking about it and it sticks out.

Personally I think the towers are great and seem like they are hidden tastefully. Full Nextel service in the parks are great especially when trying to communicate with others. (except of course, when you are riding the jungle cruise and your cousin wants to know if you want a turkey leg over the walkie-talkie feature. I became the butt of all jokes for the rest of that long long ride.):eek:

Now If nextel would only consider putting in a couple more towers in northern NJ we'd be golden.

-ADN

Figment1986

dont forget the one in MGM.. on top of RNRC.. anyone have a pic of that???
(a tower for spesific areas.. how does that work.. in Tampa most are spaced out... unless they are the olde ones next to new ones...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom