Disney Movie Preparation

Skooterkid

Ok, so with another trip looming (2 weeks tomorrow, woo!), me and my mum have lately been watching some Disney movies as a kind of preparatory thing and to help build some excitement. So far we've watched Snow White, Alice in Wonderland, Toy Story, Toy Story 3, and today we watched Beauty and the Beast followed immediately by Pocahontas (just because it happened to be on the TV). We've got pretty much all the Disney movies and were wondering your thoughts on what we should watch before our trip?

bubbles1812

I just watched The Lion King (Disney finally released it for just DVD rather than their stupidly expensive Blue-ray combo packs... I paid 10 bucks for it because Target had discounted it rather than the ridiculous 30/35 they were trying to make you pay when it was released).

I usually end up watching the "princess movies" but I love Lady and the Tramp so that is also included. Sometimes I'll also go look up shorts on youtube. Those are always fun.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

We do all the classics, (Mary Poppins, 101 Dalmations, Bednobs and Broomsticks) as well as Aladdin, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, then when we're at the Parks, quiz each other on things we see and the scene we remember from that movie. Have a wonderful trip and may you receive lots of Pixie dust!!!

Upvote 0

crispy

Here are some ideas in a ddition to the ones already mentioned:

Peter Pan (makes the ride more enjoyable)
Lady and the Tramp (especially if you eat at Tony's)
The Little Mermaid
One or two of the Disney Fairy movies
Finding Nemo (lots of Nemo stuff throuout the parks),
Cinderella (of course!)
Sleeping Beauty
Tarzan (sometimes see characters from there at AK)
Mulan (she's often in China at Epcot),
The Aristocats (often see Marie at France in Epcot)
The Three Caballeros (the ride in Mexico is based on this)
The Winnie the Pooh Movie
The Muppets
Star Wars (not Disney, but is still a Disney attraction)
Pinnochio ("When you wish upon a star....")

Upvote 0

laxchik18

youtube videos with tips, i know most of the tips already, but it just gets me excited. last year my family also watch all the disney classics we could find, especially ones there r rides are at the parks.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Watch all your favorites, and then any you haven't seen in a while. We realized there were some we hadn't seen in so long that we practically forget the storyline (Lady & the Tramp, Jungle Book, Hercules). I like to watch the ones that are highly represented in the park too like Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast and Cinderella!

Upvote 0

Skooterkid

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your recommendations! We've since watched The Lion King, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, and with a week to go we'll probably cram in The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Finding Nemo, The Muppets, Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin... and whatever else happens to find its way into my DVD player :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I hadn't seen Tangled until a few weeks ago so I made sure to watch that in anticipation of our upcoming trip. I prefer to read the books to the kids to prepare. You can cover more stories, and then any scary parts...i.e. Witch in Snow White or Ursala in Mermaid or Sharks in Nemo, they won't freak the kids out to make them scared/nervous to ride the rides.

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

I can watch Disney film based attractions anytime..I have them on my PS3 at the ready and watch them the way they were intended..On a 110" Movie screen...
For example...

Mickey's Philharmagic.
DSC00680.jpg

Captain EO
DSC00678.jpg

And It's Tough to be a Bug..
DSC00679.jpg

I just recently found a fantastic clear version of Muppetvision that I can watch now as well...:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom