Disney Memory Maker

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
What exactly does it give you? And is it worth it?

I have never used it before and I'm wondering if I have been making a mistake all these years.

Oh, and I apologize if this is the wrong forum. I couldn't decide where this question best fit so I went with this board.

As always, thanks in advance for your insight and opinions!

correcaminos

Memory Maker gives you unlimited downloads of any Photopass pictures that were taken on the trip. I think the best value of it is when you split it while doing a large group trip. Do I think it is worth it really? No. We split it once and found that to be fine, but generally speaking I wouldn't pay the price they are charging now (just increased this month). If you do like all your ride photos and want copies of them, then it would be worth it possibly.

We have it automatically with our Gold Pass. While it is a nice perk, we had a lot more issues with it our last trip. Missing pictures, wrong pictures etc. Obviously YMMV but if it's for a small family I wouldn't do it.

Much-Pixie-Dust

Think about how long your trip is too. We use it a lot more on say a 7+ day trip, rather than if we are going on a 3-4 one. Some of our pictures turn out great and others not so much, due to lighting and such.

Tyaloo

We got it one year and split the cost with my parents. I liked it but I can't see myself getting it again.

To be honest, I loved my husband's pics taken with his phone more!

Also, if you really want a group shot in front of something like the castle, the photographers will take a pic with your phone/camera, the last I heard! Someone correct me, if that's changed, thanks!

Attachments

• 20161208_075119.jpg
    20161208_075119.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 30

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We got it one year and split the cost with my parents. I liked it but I can't see myself getting it again.

To be honest, I loved my husband's pics taken with his phone more!

Also, if you really want a group shot in front of something like the castle, the photographers will take a pic with your phone/camera, the last I heard! Someone correct me, if that's changed, thanks!
Nope, they will still do it. If you dont intend on getting the photo pass photo, just do everyone else in line a favor and dont go through the process of having photo pass photos taken, just hand the CM your phone or camera.

JillC LI

Many people rave about it while others, like me, find it a waste of money. I'm just as happy to hand the photopass photographer my own camera to get those same family shots. I'm willing to forego the "magic" shots and the ride shots for the price. If I am dying for one, I'll buy just that one.

UpAllNight

We got some great pictures and really liked it, but we did get it free with our UK ticket. I'd probably split the cost with our group to get it again though.

Our biggest issue was getting too many photos & trying to think of a pose for each that wasn't just 'stand there'

Tk0021

Our second trip is coming up in September and this will be the second time we are getting the photo pass. We have two little girls and my wife is crazy about pictures. I am not sure if it is a Facebook/instagram thing or what. I was happy we bought it the first time and we got some good shots. I was very active in finding photo pass people and getting pictures to get our money's worth. The ride shots are funny and my kids like the magic shots. We did have some blurry shots that we were not able to notice till we got home and saw them on a bigger screen.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
As others have said, the "value" is highly dependent on how many days you are going and the number of people in your group (especially if you will be splitting up at any point throughout the day). We're going in August for 8 days with six people and I believe we paid $150 for it. So in the end, we're paying $18.75 per day for it or $3.13 per person per day. Since a single photo download is $14.95 per pic, you really only need 10 ride photos that you want through the trip just to break even. Add in the fact that they typically take a lot more pics when they are using their camera instead of yours and you are able to get many more of the candid pics (as opposed to the staged pics), and I think it's worth it. If you're only going for a few days, have no interest in ride photos, and don't plan on going to many/any of the character meet-n-greets, then yeah, not worth it... but otherwise... at least worth looking into.

yedliW

We have gotten it a few times. I like that it includes the ride photos and videos. I normally say it is good to get if you are on a special trip (first trip.. anniversary.. birthday.. etc..) or if it is a big group, especially if it includes people who may not go often or again.. You also can get some cool shots if you are going to one of the hard ticket parties. We got a shot of us with the hitch hiking ghosts, and another one with the ghostly carriage driver of the horseless carriage outside of the HM.

We made a point of hitting every photo pass photog we passed if there wasn't a long line. We got some great shots.. we got some bad shots.. but enough good ones to make it worth it..

don't forget to ask for the 'magic shots'. some are good and will do them automatically.. others won't.

I like that they are doing props in some places. The frames make for fun shots too.

Ali Mouse

I love it!!! I have purchased it 3 times. On our last trip we had a group of 13 and since everyone was linked we were able to get everyones ride pics, videos and magic shots in front of castle and tree! I love taking pictures myself but I loved the pics they took...all came out well. Last time we went for 7 days and had over 400 great shots and videos! At the end of every ride everyone in our party would scan their magic bans and we get everyones pic. Also the magic shots with the ghost at haunted mansion were great. The videos from 7DMT were awesome to share on Facebook to friends back home! When I get home I download all my photos to my laptop and make a photo book on shutter fly with all the pics -mine and the ones from memory maker-and I love it. If you are a picture person and and plan on keeping your memories in a photo book it is well worth it. I am the one that buys it each time for my whole group and I will continue to! I spent about $130.00 on it and divide that by 7 days that comes out to $18 a day for you to be able to have all of your ride photos, character interactions, videos and magic shots taken and preserved!! Well worth it!

Mander

In the Parks
No
We will be getting Memory Maker for the first time for our January honeymoon. Despite being a little annoyed by the price increase, I think it will be worth the money for us. During past visits to both WDW and DL, I've always loved the photo pass pictures more than the ones on my own. I hate having to pick which photos I want when I really want them all! :) I'm also quite certain we will use photo pass more knowing we paid $170 for it! Having all our ride photos seems like a fun bonus too! I think it's really personal preference though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom