1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Disney Luggage Tags? How do toy fasten?

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by disney4life2008, May 17, 2009.

1. disney4life2008

disney4life2008 Well-Known Member

I know this is embarrassing...

but how do you fasten the Disney Luggage tags. Everything I do it, it comes loose. Please help me.

2. DisneyChik17

DisneyChik17 New Member

They have the plastic "string" right? I just slip knot it onto the handle or where ever and pull really really tight. It will stay with enough tugging.

3. disneygirl76

disneygirl76 Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

Did you get the clear rubbery ties? It's a tight fit but you have to slip knot the one side to the tag and then to your luggage. If you can't get it to work with the rubbery tries - try a zip tie. I used that on my camera case b/c my rubbery tie thingy broke.

4. Monty

Monty Who opened Pandora's Box? Premium Member

Pass the rubber tie through the tag and then loop it through itself. Pull it tight and you'll have a long flat loop of rubber sticking out. Pass that through whatever luggage handle or loop you want the tag attached to and stretch it around the tag to make the same type loop at both ends. It'll never come off!

It'll look like this:

5. DisneyWall-e

DisneyWall-e Well-Known Member

if you dont have a small metal ring and have to pass it through a wide strap it can be difficult. I know because I had to do it, but since I have done it I know it can be done.

6. CLandrum

CLandrum Active Member

I really am dying laughing. Just before we went on our trip May 1st my friend had spent an hour trying to get it on. She came over before we were leaving and said um I need some help. Now mind you the only reason I know how to do it because our first trip I spent an hour trying to figure it out and my daughter how was 6 at the time told me how to do it. :eek:

7. Gig 'Em Mickey

Gig 'Em Mickey Active Member

Zip Tie For the Win

8. GenerationX

GenerationX Well-Known Member

Here's how we've done it:

1. Pass the rubber tie through your luggage handle, then through the hole in the tag.
    2. Hold both ends of the rubber tie (the luggage handle and tag will be between the ends).
    3. Take the end of the rubber tie that was NOT passed through the luggage handle and tag - pass it OVER the luggage handle, OVER the tag, then THROUGH the other end of the rubber tie. Pull it tight (you can release the other end of the rubber tie).
    4. Continuing to hold the end of the rubber tie you just passed through, open the end wide enough to pass it OVER and AROUND the entire tag. Pull the tag through as far as you can.

Good luck!

9. Uncle Lupe

Uncle Lupe Well-Known Member

It's a sad/funny day when a luggage tag becomes a brain teaser for most people.

10. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to visualize just what your process does... Does it end up looking like the photo earlier in the thread? Or does the tag just kinda end up in a jumble, secured tightly against the handle?

MontyMon's description is pretty much the easiest way for securing the tags. First attach the loop to the tag itself, then attach the tag/loop combo to the luggage in the same fashion.

In knot-tying parlance, each end is a Cow Hitch (also called a Ring Hitch):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_hitch
    (Heck, there's even a diagram on how to tie it...)

-Rob

11. GenerationX

GenerationX Well-Known Member

My way of attaching the tags results in something similar to MontyMon's picture. The only difference is that rather than there being two small loops (tightly fastened around one item each), I end up with one large loop (not as tightly fastened, but very unlikely to come loose).

12. wzcv64

wzcv64 New Member

New Luggage 3D Tag

Okay this new tag has me stumped....it is the 3D one and the plactic is just a 7" piece of plastic with rounded edges and I have no Idea what to do with this...please help,,thank You....:eek:

13. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

Haven't seen them yet, but are there rubber loops included along with the tag? Haven't gotten one in a few years, but they were enclosed inside plastic and attached to the paper enclosure the tags came in.

Follow the link in my earlier post for diagrams on how to use the rubber loop tie.

-Rob

14. Trotsky

Trotsky Well-Known Member

ABSOLUTE WIN... no matter HOW a luggage tag is delivered? USE A LOCKING ZIP TIE. Get 'em at Lowes. The Airplane Baggage Monkeys better have a good Knife, or they are NOT getting this off your bag. They break everything else.

15. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi New Member

No, the new tags don't have the rubber ties. It's a long plastic strip with rounded edges. The good news is: They work the same way!

First, fold the strip in half lengthwise a few times until it opens up down the center. This leaves you with a sort of "loop" of plastic which you can proceed to tie in the manner described above for the rubber ties.

Good luck!

16. Minnie87

Minnie87 Member

LOL...im going to have to work on putting those on tomorrow! No ties, no strings..just sticker/paper.

17. mickeysshoes

mickeysshoes Well-Known Member

I trashed the plactic things they send and use thin hair ties. Works great!!

18. zivivi

zivivi New Member

19. LadyFan55

LadyFan55 New Member

"Tag" your it <:3

"The Magic" begins with the luggage tag. :animwink:

The above video link btw is a fun watch even if you figured the darn little tags out already. :ROFLOL:

20. nc_disneyfreak

nc_disneyfreak Well-Known Member

isnt it funny.....

isnt it funny, how getting something like the emails u get when your making your WDW payments, how the luggage tags, and things that seem so small, can make us all so happy? i love the emails leading up to your trips, about early check in, etc.......like the above poster, magic doesnt always start with the luggage tags, for me its when you get the first confirmation email, saying Congratulations! youve just booked your WDW trip!