Disney Legend Russi Taylor Passes

Cmdr_Crimson

She was also the original voice of Strawberry Shortcake and voiced Beehonie in Kissyfur.
A lot more than that....
russi_taylor_voices_by_clariceelizabeth_dc8gc1b-pre.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

Wow, I didn't realize she voice that many characters.

Speaking of which, the latest Mickey Mouse short "Carried Away" was mostly Minnie singing to Mickey
With the new Firework show coming during the hoildays revolving around Minnie it might be one of last recordings depending on how many more shorts she had done before her passing..

tathompson87

It’s so obvious when Mickey changed over to the new guy. I expect this will be obvious too since I’ve grownup with her as the voice.

Yert3

This is an absolute tragedy. I was thinking just a week or so ago about how Minnie will be impossible to replace once Russi dies. Best Minnie voice by far and Wayne was definitely the best post-Walt Mickey.

AndyS2992

Devastating. I thought it was odd that the new Disneyland Paris Lion King show was 100% French, usually Mickey speaks French and Minnie always speaks in English, I guess she wasn't feeling well enough to record the lines perhaps? Very sad.

wdwfan4ver

I am surprised by this.

I remember some of the stuff she did as voice actor. My younger brother and I knew her work back when growing up back the 1980s. My younger brother and I knew her voice from Ducktales and Muppet Babies besides Minnie Mouse.

RIP to a Disney legend and one of the voice actors that did voices on cartoons that I watched growing up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom