Disney is moving us out of our Contemporary Reservation!! Bummer!!

KellyPee

My family are annual visitors to the Contemporary. We visit every November and upon return last year, made our reservation. I knew their might be renovations, but was assured there would be no problem. Now, 4 weeks before departure someone calls me and acts like I won the lottery! They are willing to upgrade our party to the Polynesian at no extra charge. If I wanted to stay there I would have booked it! Upon further investigation, she tells me I cannot stay at the Contemporary and that she will help us find another place to stay - probably the Polynesian. They are also not willing to give us any consideration for the inconvience. We are so unhappy. We would cancel if we could. We love the Contemporary and would have not booked this vacation had we been told. Any thoughts? Isn't there someway we can still stay there? Thanks in andvance for any replies.
Kelly

<!-- / message -->

Nemo14

KellyPee said:
My family are annual visitors to the Contemporary. We visit every November and upon return last year, made our reservation. I knew their might be renovations, but was assured there would be no problem. Now, 4 weeks before departure someone calls me and acts like I won the lottery! They are willing to upgrade our party to the Polynesian at no extra charge. If I wanted to stay there I would have booked it! Upon further investigation, she tells me I cannot stay at the Contemporary and that she will help us find another place to stay - probably the Polynesian. They are also not willing to give us any consideration for the inconvience. We are so unhappy. We would cancel if we could. We love the Contemporary and would have not booked this vacation had we been told. Any thoughts? Isn't there someway we can still stay there? Thanks in andvance for any replies.
Kelly

<!-- / message -->
Did they give you any reason?
If I were you I'd ask to speak to a supervisor, then the supervisor's supervisor, etc. until you get satisfaction.

Upvote 0

ssidiouss@mac.c

Tell them that you either want the Wilderness Lodge or the Gran Floridian.. those 2 are way better than the poly to me. Poly seems so 70s.

Wilderness Lodge is by far the best resort to me.. try for that!!! Meanwhile realize some of us are just happy to go to disney world at all.. im staying at the pop century in december.. :)

Upvote 0

poohbear6103

I love the Poly, I never stay anywhere else and with the new renovations, it's looking better than ever. They probably feel they are doing their part by moving you to a hotel still on the monorail line that is worth more (room rate-wise) than the Contemporary. Part of me says give the Poly a try. The other part of me puts myself in your shoes and I would be dissapointed if they moved me from the Poly and placed me, elsewhere especially considering the reservations were made way in advance. I would think that would give your reservations some precedence! I would try and talk to the management since it is hard for me to believe that every single room not under construction is already taken by people.
In any respect, consider yourself lucky that you are going. I would sleep in a tent off of I-4 at this point just to go back :lol:

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

The same thing happened to me a few years ago. I had reservations to stay at Coronado Springs and they closed it down for, "renovations." I was amazed they closed the entire resort down for the renovations for that period of time.

Anyways, the person on the phone told me they would upgrade me to another moderate resort (POFQ). I wasn't too happy with this and told them I would rather cancel than stay somewhere that I had stayed at many times. After a few minutes of being on hold, the CM came back and said they would move our reservations over to AKL!

Of course I took this! It was concierge level accomodations! I never thought I would get AKL! I just wanted to stay at Caribbean Beach honestly because at that point, had never stayed at that one.

Play with them, they will in return make sure you are happy!
I know it stinks not to stay where you like, but you never know, you may like the other resorts just the same, or maybe even better!

But like others have said, at least you're going to Disney!

Upvote 0

SpongeScott

KellyPee said:
Kelly

<!-- / message -->
Things happen, things change. Obviously the Contemporary is not available, so Disney is trying NOW to accomodate you to the best of their ability. Beats going down and finding out when you check in. And perhaps the person who told you it would be available could have actually made a mistake--we humans are prone to that sometimes.

Disney is not willing to give you any consideration? They're giving you an upgrade at no charge. What more do you want? Why does everyone think they are owed something in life? Life is sometimes not fair; it has always been that way.

Why not go and be happy that they are offering you an upgrade at no charge? Maybe you will like something else if you try it. And why cancel over a room? Do you go to WDW because of the room you spend 6-8 hours a night virtually unconcious in or do you go to enjoy the parks and everything else available? You'll spend way more time out of your room than you will being aware in your room.

Upvote 0

wild01ride

If the worst thing in my life was having to switch from the Contemporary to the Polynesian, then I'd be one lucky fella.

Seriously :brick: they didn't cancel your reservation, they didn't downgrade your accomodation level, they didn't tell you you can't do anything besides having to transfer from one deluxe resort to another. I just have to say be thankful for the ability to travel to "The Place Where Magic Lives." I'm not staying at my first choice for my upcoming trip either, but hey, I can roll with it and enjoy the rest of the World (not that I won't enjoy my resort no matter what- it's still in the heart of the Magic!)

Please be thankful for what you've got and if it's that bad, cancel your reservation. It sounds like there are lots of people who would love to visit WDW but couldn't get a reservation.

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

I find it difficult to believe that the Disney representative first offered to upgrade you without mentioning the renovations at the Contemporary. It has been my experience (this has happened to me twice) that the rep calls you, apologizes for the fact that because of renovations they must move your reservation to another resort. In my case each time I was happily upgraded from a moderate to a deluxe because we had split our vacation between the two and Disney just extended the deluxe reservation instead of making move to another mod.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

wild01ride said:
I'm not staying at my first choice for my upcoming trip either, but hey, I can roll with it and enjoy the rest of the World (not that I won't enjoy my resort no matter what- it's still in the heart of the Magic!)

I didn't get my first choice either, but it won't stop me from going and having a great time. While I can understand some disappointment in having to move from a desired location, I would see it as the opportunity to experience another resort without having to pay more money!

I surely would not get all bent out of shape and declare that I should cancel my reservations. That move would toss out all the enjoyment that I would get from the parks and other great experiences that I would have.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I really do understand your disappointment, particularly since this is a family tradition and you reserved it way ahead of time. That being said, I would check back with them about this, clearly and firmly state your case,and if indeed there is no way that you could get your reservation changed back, then go ahead with the Poly. You'll still have a great time, and you'll only be a couple of Monorail stops from the Contemporary, so you can still enjoy the restaurants and shops there. Have a great vacation!

Upvote 0

LesaGirlWalton

We have been saving for over a year to have our first and quite possibly only WDW vacation in June 2006. How about being thankful you are so blessed in this life and stop complaining about your deluxe accommodations!

Upvote 0

wild01ride

LesaGirlWalton said:
We have been saving for over a year to have our first and quite possibly only WDW vacation in June 2006. How about being thankful you are so blessed in this life and stop complaining about your deluxe accommodations!

^
|

That's what I wanted to say! LOL! :lol:

Upvote 0

brich

Can we stop dumping on the original poster for a second? Jeesh. They are simply disappointed and all some of you want to do is put the poster down. Of course we would all be happy just being there but when you create a tradition of staying at the same resort, you book a trip and shortly before your ready to go, you find out that you can't stay where you want, give them a break. :rolleyes:

We have a gazillion threads on here about who prefers to stay where and why. We have our preferences. Although, we as humans, should not expect that we are owed anything, when we spend our hard earned money and are given a choice and we make that choice and the choice is excepted to be fulfilled but then there is a problem with that choice much later, we shouldn't be expected to just say sure, what ever. We should be compensated. I don't mean the best suite at the GF but take into consideration that someone may not enjoy the Poly or any other resort. I would never stay at the Contemporary simply because it doesn't appeal to me. Am I wrong for not wanting to stay there? Not many of us book a stay at WDW and say, "aahhh just put me anywhere....":veryconfu

Upvote 0

ljs1691

I know I'm going to take heat for this but....Good grief SpongeScott....did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? The poor girl is just venting her frustration. Did any of you bashers ever think maybe this was just an initial reaction to what she considered bad news?

Kelly....may I suggest that you take the advice of those that are kindly suggesting that you look at this situation as an opportunity to see what other magical places await you. If you just try to see the resort change as what could be a positive turn of events. I realize it is difficult when you have your heart set on a specific resort. As others have said...you are going to be at WDW....what more could you really need. Good Luck! I hope your trip turns out more magical than you even imagined.

Upvote 0

PhotoDave219

KellyPee said:
Kelly

<!-- / message -->

Honestly, i'd take the free upgrade, especially if its to Concilerge. I can see why youre miffed, but i cant see Contemp vs Poly being a make-it-or-break-it on my Disney fun.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom