Disney Honeymoon Photography Session

Flip83

We are heading on our Honeymoon in almost 2 weeks. We have a Portrait Session set at Epcot. Has anyone ever done this? Can you give any details or tips? Are you able to pick out your photographer if you call them and ask? I noticed some of the photographers pictures seem amazing, and a couple of them seemed rather plain and didn't have any "Wow" factor. I would feel if we got a photographer that didn't seem to have these amazing shots as some of the others seem to have, we would feel jipped. Am I wrong for thinking like that?

Runtinkrun

I'm not sure if you can request, but if you are able to I strongly suggest asking for Alex Mirabel. He is a photopass photographer, as well as a professional photographer on his own.

We had a private photopass session with him at the Polynesian Resort during which my now-husband proposed. Alex hadn't been warned and still managed to get amazing shots. Months later we came back to Disney and Alex took our engagement photos. He is an excellent photographer and super friendly, and has creative ideas for shots.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

We just had a private family portrait sitting in World Showcase on 9/11. With the non-bridal sittings you aren't supposed to be able to request a photographer but I'm not sure if honeymoon falls under bridal or not. Did you book thru DFTW's or Event Photography? We had Dean w/Tina as his assistant and he totally rocked! It was an amazing experience that I'd do again in a heartbeat. Dean is also a bit of a Disney-nerd (I could tell) so he 'got' us. LOL! I called yesterday to check the status of our pictures and they appear to be in editing right now. The fellow I spoke with said it could be up to another week before I got the email with the link to our pictures and an additional week until I receive the proof book and photo cd. I'll share the link when I get it. :wave:

Upvote 0

Flip83

Original Poster
We went through Event Photography. Most pictures are amazing looking. I'm not too worried. Honestly, on the website, it's really one set of pictures I saw. I won't say the photographers name, but none of this collection of photos looked fancy at all. Looked like normal pictures that I could have taken haha. But i know that most of these photographers are probably great. i'm not too too worried. But i will call and try to make a request. the one guy, Ty? I think. Every picture he does is stunning

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom