Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

celluloid

It had a G+ when we went back in October. We may have used DAS for that one. Still, same thing. G+ (or DAS) saved a ton of waiting time on that one.

It depends on how you look at it. You could have waited on another attraction for free by joining LL and rode Guardians at your boarding group time up until closing. It would have just been riding other attractions before rather than after.

aaronml

So apparently on 7/18, Disney made a change on their backend to prevent the booking of ILLs via BG1 and other 3rd party apps.

Does anyone know if this impacted bots like “Standby Skipper” which previously would auto-book LLs for people? I imagine that TDO cares more about blocking that than apps like BG1.

drizgirl

So apparently on 7/18, Disney made a change on their backend to prevent the booking of ILLs via BG1 and other 3rd party apps.

Does anyone know if this impacted bots like “Standby Skipper” which previously would auto-book LLs for people? I imagine that TDO cares more about blocking that than apps like BG1.
What is BG1?

Patcheslee

It’s an app that improves the G+ and VQ functionality of MDE.

Disney wanted to block the use of other third party apps which were being used as a money making venture and booked G+ for guests remotely, whereas BG1 is free to use and the guest uses it themselves.
Wonder if the "improvements" coming in 2024 have something to do with Disney creating their own version for autobooking for a premium. They've realized it's money they're losing.

aaronml

It’s an app that improves the G+ and VQ functionality of MDE.

Disney wanted to block the use of other third party apps which were being used as a money making venture and booked G+ for guests remotely, whereas BG1 is free to use and the guest uses it themselves.
I guess my question here is, were they successful? Seems like they stopped BG1 from booking LLs, but I don’t see anything on the “Standby Skipper” site for example indicating that they no longer auto-book LLs. So either they never updated their site, or they found a workaround to still auto-book LLs.

Honestly, they should just put a Captcha in front of the booking flow at this point.

nickys

Premium Member
I guess my question here is, were they successful? Seems like they stopped BG1 from booking LLs, but I don’t see anything on the “Standby Skipper” site for example indicating that they no longer auto-book LLs. So either they never updated their site, or they found a workaround to still auto-book LLs.

Honestly, they should just put a Captcha in front of the booking flow at this point.
I haven’t looked into Standby Skipper, other than their claims on the website. Looks like it no longer books remotely but works more like BG1 did in that the guest uses it themselves. That said I have no idea if they found a work around or not. But they do apparently offer a refund if you’re not happy with it.

BG1 still has some useful functionality. I assume Standby Skipper does too, for a fee.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The price for Genie+ today for Multiple Parks, Magic Kingdom, EPCOT and Disney's Hollywood Studios is the lowest it has been since the new per-park pricing model was introduced.

IMG_6235.jpg

gerarar

Premium Member
The VQ for Tron and Guardians also were open for very long so far today. Tron actually broke a record for longest 7am drop this morning.

Guess park ops forecasted a slow day (week?) today.

Tron
7am drop closed at 8:21am, lasting for 4866.761 secs, or ~1 hour 21 mins.
Tuesday 7am Drop Average: 4m -> 7m (+3m)

BG's 1-10 called at 7:59am as part of the initial wave.

Note: This is now the longest the morning 7am drop has been open for, passing the previous record held on April 25th when it was open for ~1 hour 19 mins.
That was mainly attributed to a MDE system outage, but the one today and this morning seems to be natural as evident by the drop windows steadily increasing over the past couple days.
View attachment 739780
GotG: CR
7am drop closed at 9:37am, lasting for 9445.564 secs, or ~2 hours 37 mins.
Tuesday 7am Drop Average: 19m -> 21m (+2m)

BG's 1-20 called at 8:40am as part of the initial wave.

Drdcm

Do the external auto booking apps actually work well? Does it do a better job maximizing your day than booking yourself?

nickys

Premium Member
Do the external auto booking apps actually work well? Does it do a better job maximizing your day than booking yourself?
No.
I think you’re over-reaching here with your expectations. They’re not a substitute for planning your day. They might help you to do that though.

For BG1, it’s much more user friendly than MDE, thus maximising your chances of getting the LLs you want, but you still book them using MDE. The navigation of the app also puts MDE to shame.

Drdcm

No.
I think you’re over-reaching here with your expectations. They’re not a substitute for planning your day. They might help you to do that though.

For BG1, it’s much more user friendly than MDE, thus maximising your chances of getting the LLs you want, but you still book them using MDE. The navigation of the app also puts MDE to shame.
That’s what I assumed was the case. Thanks for the info! The MDE Genie+/ILL layout is absolutely terrible… I agree

Bthoma10

It seems the standby skipper is still claiming they will schedule remotely, based on everything posted on their website. Probably gonna purchase it for trip in early October. I despise looking at my phone all day

pdude81

It seems the standby skipper is still claiming they will schedule remotely, based on everything posted on their website. Probably gonna purchase it for trip in early October. I despise looking at my phone all day
Understand that at any time of any day the remote access could be pulled back. It suddenly went down a few times earlier this year. So go for it, but just remember to check early on to see if it's working so you know whether to rely on the service or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom