Disney finds you are packing FOR the trip?

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
I've started packing up stuff to take with us to use at the parks that I'm hoping will save a little bit of money to use on other stuff.

I got glowsticks/wands from walmart for $1.00.
Target had some princess tiara headbands for 1.00 that I snatched up in purple and pink.
I also found some sequin Minnie and Daisy ears/bows at a local wholesale store that I picked up for $2 each.
I got some Minnie PJ's at old navy but I'm looking for at least one other set.
I'm on the hunt for a collapsible water bottle with Minnie or Sofia.

PARichards

Love this! Our trip isn't til September and I have bought mini fans (the battery opearted, handheld kind) and water "pouches" from Dollar Tree. I believe I saw collapsible water bottles there as well, though not sure if they had characters on them.

Other things I have found there that I've already picked up:
suction cup hooks for our swim suits
pop-up hamper for dirty laundry
plastic bowls and spoons for our morning cereal

Good luck and happy hunting/gathering!

Kristamouse

I have ordered or purchased all of our daughters clothes for the trip and am piecing together our boys clothing.my though was they would get some decent wear out of them now because they wear to school and I doubt much will fit for next year. We have the thermos brand straw cups for the kids but I am thinking they will be too heavy (we have 5 kids) so we are going to try out the foldable water bottles at the pool this summer.
I have Disney ankle socks to toss in our backpack if their crocs start to rub to much. Will get lots of glow necklaces as well. We have spinners from past trips as well as a Mickey stroller Fan, laynards and spray fan.
I pack fun Disney treats and Mickey head cheeses from Sargento ( we drive). In the past I have found Monsters inc water bottles, princess ring pops and Jake and pirates bandaids.
Love Disney packing! But with 5 kids we have learned less is more so we leave Disney Towls, plush, toys, etc at home.
Enjoy your trip

PARichards

Love Disney packing! But with 5 kids we have learned less is more so we leave Disney Towls, plush, toys, etc at home.

We have 4 kids going, and I am worrying about bringing too much! How old are your kiddos, and do they carry their own things, or do you still (did you ever) have a stroller that could carry your gear for you?

Kristamouse

Hello:) we have: 10 boy, 9 girl, 6 girl,4 boy and 9 month boy. They do not carry thier own stuff, I even chuckled when I typed this. There woul be stuff left all over WDW if they carried it! We have almost always have the Dining Plan so not much snacks and drinks. We drive to parks, one 55 minuute bus wait with 3 zonked out kids and unloading re loading of stroller put us firmly in the "we will drive to the park column." We do rope drop so parking isn't an issue and if you ask the parking attendant you can check the front of the lot for spaces after returning to the park after a break.
We bring a LL Bean full size back pack that my DH used in college and bottom portion unzips flip top style. We store ponchos that bottom portion. A ziplock bag with a few make up supplies/extra hair tires and barretts/ibprophen kids and adult/Pepto Bismal/ safty pins/ moleskin/sunblock stick and lotion/body glid and a comb. This all fits in a gallon size bag with room to spare and the bag fits in the laptop skinny type pocket on front of backpack. In the main area of backpack goes diapering needs case, very light weight jackets or the button down fishing style oxfords with SPF fabiric, extra socks (kids wear crocs an somes times get a raw spot socks help with) light up spinners, a few snacks and video camera. In the very front small pocket goes a soft pack of baby wipes, sanitizer and phones. I like to keep baby wipes in two places so I always have them for a diaper change and a different set for sticky hands, faces, etc. There are side pockets on the back pack that water bottle can fit in. I know ths sounds packed but really it isn't.
We have a Britax B Ready Stroller with the 2nd seat, it is the style that one child sits under the regular seat. Our 4 year old could walk most of the time and will but I like the security in parking lots and large crowds to have my littles safely buckled. For example when we depart, espically Magic Kingdom, my 4 and 6 year old will be in the stroller and one of will wear baby boy in the ergo carrier.
The stroller gets the rain cover on as soon as we get it out of the truck. We then roll it back and out of the way. We roll back the cover while stroller is in parking we have come back to a soaking wet stroller before and is sucks. We have a soft sided 31 cooler bag with water bottles/sliced apples/bottles/baby food if needed and empty sandwich bages for left overs. I have a daughter who won't finish a meal and the be hungry later. (baby boy will be almost a year and I still plan on nursing hopefully by then he will be able to eat nmore table food. He gets a bottle right before his nap now rest of the time he is nursed.) The soft sided cooler goes under the stroller, we can't put much under there as the feet of the child in the bottom seat are in there as well. I also have two mesh bags on either side that can hold hats, sun glasses etc and the ergo baby carrier. The are called side riders and don't add any bulk to the side. On each seat of the stroller I place a hotel towel that the kids sit on in the stroller and are nice to have to sit on for parades, dry off after a rain/Splash/Kail. We have a stroller fan that clips on and 2 muslin blankets as baby like to snuggle and one to block out the world durning naps. Because our 4year old will walk a lot we will store the back pack in the empty seat.
I also have a Mommy Hook and the parent cup holder consol on the stroller. I hate double strollers and have owned tandems and side by sides. Our Britax B Ready is our favorite and the in line seating is perfect for a child who doesn't need to sit all the time. So far at the Zoo it has worked perfect to have the baby sleep in the bottom seat with a blanket tenting him and let our 4year old hope on and out of top seat or drop our backpack there. I like haveing one backpack and one small bag cooler to deal with and not 10 little bags that we have had in the past. The side bage are attached to the stroller and other than the Ergo the are for the kids to put loose items like hats and glasses. Hats are great for under ponchos as the keep the rain off your face.
One more thing, our kids freeze in restaurants and some dark rides and shows so we pack the jackets/long sleeve button ups. You could skip haveing them and save space. I used to carry more and have pared down based on what was actually used. We now don't take umbrellas, large amounts of snacks, granola bars, blanket to sit on, way more medicines/1st aide needs, autograph book, toys, Capri suns, drinks other than water, crayons and xtra clothes for bigger kids. I wanted to be able to fit most everything in a back pack and getting pretty close to doing so. On our next zoo trip we are going to try the foldable water bottles and see how they go, our kids have thermos brand 12 ounce straw bottles but the are heavy and large would love to pare thoose down as well. last trip when I was pregnant we fit everything in the back pack and it was on the heavy side with water bottles but nice to only have one bag to worry about.
Anyway hope this novella I wrote helps:) Out first few trips I would ask others the same questions!

PARichards

We drive to parks, one 55 minute bus wait with 3 zonked out kids and unloading re loading of stroller put us firmly in the "we will drive to the park column." We do rope drop so parking isn't an issue and if you ask the parking attendant you can check the front of the lot for spaces after returning to the park after a break.

Wow! Our DDs will be 8, 6, and 4 (twins) by Sept. Right now, the touring plans I'm playing with have us leaving the park for naptime well before anyone would usually nap (1230-1300), and since we are driving down from OH, I was really hoping we could ditch the car- but you are so right about the nightmare that could ensue, should we find ourselves having to carry nappers, or WORSE having to wake up kids out of "inconvenient" naps. The now-3-yr-olds have held up at the zoo from about 10-4pm. No stroller. No naps. The older 2 want to try carrying mini backpacks the next time we go, so they don't have to depend on me to hold snacks or water bottles (because they know I won't). We can typically function with just getting cups of ice water at the food kiosks, but we also don't typically go trekking when it's super hot and humid out, as I'm expecting it will be when we go to WDW.

We bring a LL Bean full size back pack that my DH used in college and bottom portion unzips flip top style. We store ponchos that bottom portion. A ziplock bag with a few make up supplies/extra hair tires and barretts/ibprophen kids and adult/Pepto Bismal/ safty pins/ moleskin/sunblock stick and lotion/body glid and a comb. This all fits in a gallon size bag with room to spare and the bag fits in the laptop skinny type pocket on front of backpack. In the main area of backpack goes diapering needs case, very light weight jackets or the button down fishing style oxfords with SPF fabiric, extra socks (kids wear crocs an somes times get a raw spot socks help with) light up spinners, a few snacks and video camera. In the very front small pocket goes a soft pack of baby wipes, sanitizer and phones. I like to keep baby wipes in two places so I always have them for a diaper change and a different set for sticky hands, faces, etc. There are side pockets on the back pack that water bottle can fit in. I know this sounds packed but really it isn't.

...One more thing, our kids freeze in restaurants and some dark rides and shows so we pack the jackets/long sleeve button ups. You could skip haveing them and save space.
...Anyway hope this novella I wrote helps:) Out first few trips I would ask others the same questions!

1. SO GLAD our diapering days are over!! Although, I can't imagine my life without wet wipes. What did I do with my life before I knew the awesomeness of wipes?! My kids will be in their 20s, and I'll still have a travel size case of wipes in my purse, I can just picture it. I'm still considering bringing a couple of pull-ups for the twins for those return rides to the resort, so we aren't having to wake anyone up to pee- I don't know about anyone else's kids, but mine do this whole drunksororitygirlmissingthetoiletinthemiddleofthenight thing (no offense to drunks, sorority girls, or toilets) when we've had to do this before. Not. Worth. It.
2. I've not yet seen anyone recommend bringing in light, long-sleeved things for air-conditioned places. What a GREAT IDEA! Would not have thought about it on my own, but big changes in temps make my kids miserable, too, and I'm just so grateful to you for having included this.

And thank you/sorry to @HRHPrincessAriel for hijacking your thread with this sidebar.

Moedutton

I've started packing up stuff to take with us to use at the parks that I'm hoping will save a little bit of money to use on other stuff.

I got glowsticks/wands from walmart for $1.00.
Target had some princess tiara headbands for 1.00 that I snatched up in purple and pink.
I also found some sequin Minnie and Daisy ears/bows at a local wholesale store that I picked up for $2 each.
I got some Minnie PJ's at old navy but I'm looking for at least one other set.

Walmart has the Minnie and princess collapsible water bottles. They were hard to find, but I finally found them on the juice/juice box isle. Good luck!

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
I ended up picking up a Sofia water bottle in the Target $1 bin. Well worth that $1 ;-)

Everything was a big hit! I'm super glad I picked up a glow wand for each night. C loved them!

LWB

I would go ahead and pack autograph books - I usually order mine from the Disney Store website (same ones that are available in the park) so when we first arrive, I've already got them in my backpack and don't have to stop in a store and get them. If you don't want those, you can always find little notebooks that have Minnie or a princess etc on them at places like Target that you could use instead.
Also, get pens that have a pop-top rather than a top that comes off. It is easy for the characters to "pop" the pens open and plus you don't have to worry about tops to pens getting lost, coming off in your backpack etc (I have found that the Sharpie fine point markers with a pop-top work the best!)

disney4life2008

Go to your local dollar tree (at least one a week). If you can find out when the trucks arrive - the best newest supplies are in. Last week they had a lot of disney merchandise (books, autograph books, princess hand wipes, etc).

Amyleigh

I second the Dollar Tree suggestion. I found lots of Disney products like sticker books, board books, tissues, hand wipes, a nightlight for our resort room, glow sticks with Disney characters, and much more. I also got our rain parkas there. 5 Below has a lot of Frozen stuff. I got a coloring book, puzzles, pens, lunch box, bracelets, and more. My 6-year-old had plenty to do on the plane ride because of Dollar Tree and 5 Below! Walmart has lots of Disney fruit snacks which make excellent snacks while waiting in line.

DiSnEyF@n

Love this! Our trip isn't til September and I have bought mini fans (the battery opearted, handheld kind) and water "pouches" from Dollar Tree. I believe I saw collapsible water bottles there as well, though not sure if they had characters on them.

Other things I have found there that I've already picked up:
suction cup hooks for our swim suits
pop-up hamper for dirty laundry
plastic bowls and spoons for our morning cereal

Good luck and happy hunting/gathering!
Yes!! Dollar General is where I got mine :)

DiSnEyF@n

I would go ahead and pack autograph books - I usually order mine from the Disney Store website (same ones that are available in the park) so when we first arrive, I've already got them in my backpack and don't have to stop in a store and get them. If you don't want those, you can always find little notebooks that have Minnie or a princess etc on them at places like Target that you could use instead.
Also, get pens that have a pop-top rather than a top that comes off. It is easy for the characters to "pop" the pens open and plus you don't have to worry about tops to pens getting lost, coming off in your backpack etc (I have found that the Sharpie fine point markers with a pop-top work the best!)

I got ours on Amazon for $5 :)

Amyleigh

Dollar Tree also has Disney frames. I got a few for my daughter to put her character photos in. I wish I would of had the characters sign them! Oh well, next time!! They also had Disney photo albums and small notebooks which would make good autograph books. Can't beat $1!!

mammaminnie

I always love to pack some Disney themed extras in to my kids backpacks for the plane ride. Things like coloring books or figures/cars are great for this, plus its new so it will keep their attention for awhile.

Weather_Lady

Like @mammaminnie, I pack each of my kids a little care package for the plane, comprised of inexpensive Disney-related items that can keep them occupied on the plane and/or which will actually be of use on our vacation, like activity/coloring books, Disney-themed chapstick, character sunglasses, glow bracelets, etc. Other than that, we don't take anything particularly "Disney"-themed (unless our Disney T-shirts count). I'm a "pack light" devotee and we travel carryon only, so there's not much room for non-essential Disney fripperies to come along. :)

Txrayado

I just made my DD's autograph book. One of my stores (Kroger) had halmark stickers in the mark down bins so I snatched those up. Got a mini binder. Then we made 50 or so pages like you would when scrap booking and framing a photo with construction paper and printer paper. Decorated a few of the pages with some stickers and bam! A personalized auto graph book.

The plan is to use the binder every year. And use the pages in the scrapbook

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom