Disney eggs!

ultraplayer26

Original Poster
disney eggs carton!
valentinesday025.jpg

actual stamps on eggs!
valentinesday026.jpg

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt322/ultraplayer26/disney eggs/valentinesday025.jpg

sold at all publix stores according to manager!

brent2124

There was a thread recently about this. I can however say that not ALL Publix stores are selling these but ALL of them CAN sell them. I worked for Publix for almost 5 years and this sort of thing will be in only the stores they can sell them in. To order eggs you must purchase atleast a full case from your local vendor which will have 15 dozen or 12 1.5 dozen cartons. It will be hard for some stores that mainly have elderly customers to sell 15 cartons of cartoon eggs at a higher cost than plain eggs before they go out of date.

erstwo

There was a thread recently about this. I can however say that not ALL Publix stores are selling these but ALL of them CAN sell them. I worked for Publix for almost 5 years and this sort of thing will be in only the stores they can sell them in. To order eggs you must purchase atleast a full case from your local vendor which will have 15 dozen or 12 1.5 dozen cartons. It will be hard for some stores that mainly have elderly customers to sell 15 cartons of cartoon eggs at a higher cost than plain eggs before they go out of date.

:ROFLOL: I note you live in Sarasota...... :ROFLOL:

paul436

It will be hard for .... stores .... to sell 15 cartons of cartoon eggs at a higher cost than plain eggs before they go out of date.
I was thinking, was it more expensive? Are they better quality? I can't see paying more just to have a Disney stamp on them.

Bug715

At the Kroger by my parent's house I've seen mickey shaped cheese slices, bags of apple slices with mickey on them and a few other disney foods.

lilfritzy

I can't find them in New Jersey, I have a coupon from the paper but it doesn't do me any good if nobody carries them. :lol:

Jekyll_Baker

Now I'm gonna have to run by our Publix when I go grocery shopping, just to see if they carry them (too bad I really don't eat eggs)

Cynderella

No fair! Why can't they sell them in PA? :cry:

:ROFLOL: I note you live in Sarasota...... :ROFLOL:

:lol: my parents have a vacation house in Sarasota. I never believed them that it took a half hour to get lunchmeat/ cheese until I experienced it first hand. :brick:

EpcoTim

Hmmm, although they sound pretty healthy, too bad they're not marked organic. :(

Too bad they don't say free range, certified humane.

But really it just seems like a nother cheap, short sighted product that does nothing more than to dilute the brand and its image.

ultraplayer26

Original Poster
I was thinking, was it more expensive? Are they better quality? I can't see paying more just to have a Disney stamp on them.

not really! they were like $1.00 more than regular large eggs! they are a bit fluffier than regular eggs when made scrambbled! havent tried fried eggs yet! their fun to make with a mickey cookie cutter! but only when fried!:)

Phonedave

I can't find them in New Jersey, I have a coupon from the paper but it doesn't do me any good if nobody carries them. :lol:

I don't know where in NJ you are, but in Bergen County I have seen them in both the Palisades Park and Paramus ShopRites

As for quality, they are produced by a subsidiary of Egglands Best.

My guess, and this is only a guess, is that they are EB eggs that did not "make the cut" EB does batch analysis on its eggs, to check nutritional content (cholesterol, etc)

If a batch of eggs fails, I assume they go under a different brand - in this case Disney. EB also stamps all their eggs with a "EB" mark. I guess they can just change the production line to stamp Mickey on the egg.

It does not mean they are bad eggs (HA!, I made a joke), just eggs that dont meet the EB egg profile.

Of course this is all a guess and they may be super quality eggs for all I know.

-dave

Phonedave

Too bad they don't say free range, certified humane.

But really it just seems like a nother cheap, short sighted product that does nothing more than to dilute the brand and its image.

There is all sorts of Disney food items out there

Somone mentioned the apples. There is also OJ, hamburgers, chicken nuggets, pizza, and whole host of other things

The same company that makes the Mickey Burgers also makes NASCAR burgers. The NASCAR burgers come with a packet of "NASCAR seasoning". That one had me scratching my head. What the heck does a NASCAR seasoned burger taste like? High octane fuel and burnt rubber ?

-dave

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Here in the northern suburbs of NYC, I clipped a coupon out of the Sunday paper a couple of weeks ago, and this week the eggs were advertised in the circular of my local ShopRite.

They are more expensive than other eggs, and as much of a Disney freak as I am, I would not pay the extra $1 for the character stamp.

I feel bad for people with kids, they are going to need a lot more patience at the grocery store now!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I wouldn't pay a $1 more for them either. Now if when I cracked the egg open and the yolk was mickey or disney character shaped now that is something I might pay $1 for!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Here in the northern suburbs of NYC, I clipped a coupon out of the Sunday paper a couple of weeks ago, and this week the eggs were advertised in the circular of my local ShopRite.

They are more expensive than other eggs, and as much of a Disney freak as I am, I would not pay the extra $1 for the character stamp.

I feel bad for people with kids, they are going to need a lot more patience at the grocery store now!!

And Disney is banking on parents with no patience left! I can envision a lot of parents gladly forking over the extra $1 just to keep their kids from whining about wanting Mickey eggs.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Shut the front door!!! Move over Eggland ... here come's Mickey! I am SOOO going to my Publix Manager tomorrow and confirming that we can get these eggs! I used to live in MI and Krogers sold a line of Disney food - Mickey shaped burgers and cheese - loved it!!!! I guess they don't any more but i'm so excited to find out if my Publix does! YIPPEE! Thanks for sharing!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom