Disney Dreams Dashed

zurgandfriend

Original Poster
So Last Thursday I got home went to my basement to start laundry and saw water everywhere, my hot water heater was leaking. I called the plumber and it needed to be replaced. Later that night when drying clothes we noticed a grinding sound, my DW called the repairman and had the drum bearings replaced. Saturday my DW was doing laundry and heard a loud knocking/grinding sound. She called the repairman again; the diagnosis was the drum bearings were gone on the washer as well; and it would be more expensive to repair the washer than to replace it. We purchased the washer/dryer at the same time; funny how they went at the same time wasn’t it? So DW and I purchased a new washing machine. Can you guess where all this money came from? Yup our 2014 Disney fund, so we more than likely won’t be seeing Mickey and company next year. I am totally bummed out right now.

Last edited:

steviej

that's terrible, sorry :(

was browsing on the discounts section of wdw website last night though, some really, really reasonable deals.

Toveck

I can totally feel for you. We had planned a trip the first week of February that we just cancelled. We got hit mid year like that with one thing after another and we haven't fully recovered. We had our well for water die and had to run water lines to hook to city water, then immediately had to put $700 in tires on the car while out of town when I saw a cord wearing through the front tire, a couple of weeks later, we had the main circuit breaker in the house melt down and had to have that replaced. Throw in a couple of unexpected medical bills and we were hurting. Final straw came when our oldest came down with the flu. She had already missed several days of school earlier in the year and now was up to 6 days. With the financial hits and the school days, we pulled the plug over the weekend. I just finished cancelling our ADR's :cry:

So, we're regrouping and going to try for early June when school is over, with a fallback for Halloween.

Going through Disney withdrawal now.

Allygator

I feel your pain. I cancelled our September trip. I only owed $100 on it. I got into a car accident with my two week old car so there was a nice deductible to be paid. My nephew passed away in a car accident the year before so my daughter didn't handle my minor accident too well. I ended up leaving my part-time job. It wasn't great money but the extra was going for our trip. Hopefully something will work out for you.

BuddyThomas

I so feel your pain. This past summer, after a year of planning, we had to cancel our trip at the very, very last second because a 90+ year old relative died hours before we were supposed to get on a plane.

There have been a lot of complaints on this board about Disney lately, but I will tell you that they refunded me my entire trip cost with no penalties of any kind. No questions asked.

We rebooked for September (13) and had a great time.

I hope you can get there sometime in the future.

luv

That truly sucks. Is it possible to go and do it cheaper or were you already pinching the pennies for that trip?

Hate to see anyone miss out. Stupid appliances.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Soooo sorry. I'll pray for the money fairy to visit you. oy.

I've never had a hot water heater leak. Both times ours went, without any warning the bottoms fell out. Don't know if a hole weakened the bottom and the bottoms gave or what. Lord said to Noah there's going to be a floodie floodie.

DH kept telling me to turn the shut off, (I know how to do that) and it wouldn't work, water kept flowing. Last time DH came home from work with the company pick up truck and had bought a new one along the way. Yep, the water shut off was stripped so it wasn't me the DW not knowing righty tighty, lefty lucy. That night he went to install new one. He bought one that was 50% bigger and wouldn't fit in the space designed for it. lol, cry. Ripping Shelving unit out....ruff a scruf a.

Right now I have a Dishwasher and a dryer holding on for dear life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom