Disney Dollars

TheDisneyGirl02

Disney Dollars are used as regular money at Disney theme parks - $1 Disney Dollar = $1 US Dollar. They can be used on purchases of food, merchandise and even to pay for your hotel room on property. At the Disney Store you can purchase Disney Dollars in the sums of $1, $5 and $10.

Hope that helped! :wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Disney Dollars are used as regular money at Disney theme parks - $1 Disney Dollar = $1 US Dollar. They can be used on purchases of food, merchandise and even to pay for your hotel room on property. At the Disney Store you can purchase Disney Dollars in the sums of $1, $5 and $10.

Hope that helped! :wave:
To clarify: You can purchase Disney Dollars in shops/resorts at DLR and WDW and at U.S. Disney Stores. Disney stores outside the U.S. do not sell them [well certainly not the ones in Canada, but I suspect it's anywhere]. I was told they couldn't afford to deal with foreign currency exchange at non-U.S. stores, which made perfect sense to me.

agtlmm

Being a former castmember at a Disney Store (leaving after the sale of the stores), I can tell you that Disney Dollars are great. We had several people purchase them every week and save them to purchase their park tickets or stuff for their trip.

Just enter the line and tell the CM how many of each demonation you would like to purchase. They will get you an envelope to put them in. If they are a gift, they may have some boxes for them.

If you take them on a trip and don't spend them all (although I am not quite sure how you wouldn't) and would like to return, you must have your receipt. Of course this was back when Disney still owned the store, double check the return policy at the your store.

WendyisGoofie

Disney dollars are great I plan giving them to my kids on next trip so they have thier own money to spend and I think they will like that better then regular money since it has the characters on them.

mousebymarriage

Disney dollars are great I plan giving them to my kids on next trip so they have thier own money to spend and I think they will like that better then regular money since it has the characters on them.
Every year we tell our families that Disney Dollars would be a great gift for our children's birthdays, christmas etc. . We save the Disney Dollars in seperate envelopes marked with each child's name so they can have their own spending money when we make our annual trip to WDW. This past April each child had more than $150 to spend on whatever souveniers they wanted. They were much more careful about what they thought was a "must have" souvenier. Each child went home with a ton of items that they picked out and paid for themselves and it cost me nothing! I never had to listen to the whining "mom, can I have it please, please, please?". They knew they could spend it however they wanted but, when it was gone, it was gone!

santa's surpriz

FYI..Plan ahead if you intend to purchase a large sum from the Disney Store. I was there a few weeks when they had their big sale and inquired if they always had them in stock to purchase. (CM said that they do.) I intend to get a couple hundred dollars worth, the CM told me that I can only purchase max $300.00 per day from the Disney Store.

MouseWorshipper

The Disney Store is the best place to buy or order them from. They exchange 1:1 for real currency. They also are fantastic because the can be substituted for regular gifts - for your children - in the holidays predating your Disney trip. Kids are also tedious about saving these bad boys for some reason and are careful about how they use them in the parks. Make sure that you enforce your "once you've used them up, they're gone" rule.

figment3258

We buy our Disney dollars before we leave home. We visit our local Disney store and buy them for our daughter to spend on our up coming trip. I love them, they are cute and are a great birthday gift to get.

48 days to go Beach club here we come!:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom