Disney Develops New "Floating Omnimover"

NoChesterHester

Oh they are. Look at Mystic Manor or Rattatouie.

So great attractions everywhere but Florida then. Does corporate notice or care? I'd be rolling heads if I was an exec in Burbank watching market share erode at my flagship property.

The can only squeeze the existing base for so long. The BOG restaurant is nice, but I do expect prime in a steak that costs $38.

Rob562

Absolutely. I think the "drop" in PotC adding thrill to the ride is a silly point, though I see people make it. The drop there is completely incidental to the ride experience and I'm not sure why it was done in Florida except as a homage to the California ride (the drops are needed in Cali in order to get to the show building by going under the railroad berm).

The drop in Florida exists for the same reason as California, but they only needed a single drop.

-Rob

dweezil78

Absolutely. I think the "drop" in PotC adding thrill to the ride is a silly point, though I see people make it. The drop there is completely incidental to the ride experience and I'm not sure why it was done in Florida except as a homage to the California ride (the drops are needed in Cali in order to get to the show building by going under the railroad berm). PotC without the drop would IMHO be just as great a ride as it currently it. It certainly doesn't make the ride into a "thrill" ride in even the most tortuous application of the term.

I'm of course in no way saying it's the drop that makes PotC the incredible, timeless attraction that it is, obviously it's a very small factor in the grand scheme of things. However, I will say, that as a little boy (I am 34 now), that little drop equated to PotC being my first "thrill" ride -- as small as that thrill may have been. When you're in the single digits, even a brief plunge into darkness like that is pretty scary -- and that more or less built the foundation for how I viewed the ride for the rest of my life as silly as that may sound. I have a feeling I'm not alone in that. As small as that element is, I think it really adds a sense of adventure when you're that age.

That's why I say it's hard for me to imagine a version of Pirates without it... Absolutely it could be done and would still be a great ride. But when you're a little kid, experiencing even the smallest of thrills feels like a huge accomplishment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom