Disney cruising...it's an addiction!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
As proven by my now-insane husband! Seriously. Remember his new determination to make platinum Castaway Club status so he can have the booking advantage for the cabanas on Castaway Cay??? This is a conversation in our apartment yesterday:

Me: "Honey, both kids said they'd rather go on a single 7-night cruise on the Magic instead of a back-to-back on the Dream. They liked the classic ship better than the newer one."

Him: "Well if the cost is comparable we need to go on the back-to-back on the Dream. I've got my Disney cruise career to think about here!"

I almost died! The oldest son who was standing in the kitchen heard all this and erupted into rolls of laughter with me. His cruise career! I love it!

Later in the day he was discussing next year when he made Platinum and I asked if he realized how many cruises he had to go to achieve that. I was trying to shed some light because there's no way he'll make platinum by next year. He turned to me and said, "I didn't say the kids were going to be platinum." I love it! But then he chuckled and said, "You don't have to be platinum either." Heeeeeyyyy!!!! I think he's got a problem!

What signs have you all had from yourself or loved ones that indicated the depths of your addiction??? Is there a 12-step program for this??? :D

Disneyfalcon

Lol! That is hilarious! His Disney career! He may throw all of you under the bus to meet his career goals, lol!!

Oh my word. There are so many signs for me and the only program is more cruises :D . I will feed my addiction.

janoimagine

When my wife see's an email from Tammy she suddenly has the urge to check my Credit Card statements ... :D

I did do the same thing with Delta to make Diamond status ... however it is going to cost me a lot more than an annual fee and some frequent flyer miles to make Platinum with the DCL.

5thGenTexan

I'm just ready to go on any DCL ship. Right now I don't care what ship or where. Got home yesterday and feeling some serious post cruise blues. :(

DISNEY FANTASY

You still have to be very fast to snag a Cabana, I got one on each of my back to back cruises this summer, but I checked how quickly they went and all were gone in less than 5 minutes, so you still have to be up as the booking window opens and its not guranteed.

Photos of Cabanas 4 and 5 and the others around on my blog.

http://fantasyfantasyholiday2012.blogspot.co.uk/

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Lol! That is hilarious! His Disney career! He may throw all of you under the bus to meet his career goals, lol!!

Oh my word. There are so many signs for me and the only program is more cruises :D . I will feed my addiction.

Career goals! I love it!

When my wife see's an email from Tammy she suddenly has the urge to check my Credit Card statements ... :D

I did do the same thing with Delta to make Diamond status ... however it is going to cost me a lot more than an annual fee and some frequent flyer miles to make Platinum with the DCL.

I'm the same way with my hubby now that I know he has Tammy's email address! LOL!

At first hubby was saying we should always book concierge until we hit platinum. Uh, no! When you add up all those concierge costs booking prior to sailing you could easily book more cruises. I'll take more cruises to get to the 120 days!

I'm just ready to go on any DCL ship. Right now I don't care what ship or where. Got home yesterday and feeling some serious post cruise blues. :(

Awwww...just like the parks travel, the best cure for the blues is to plan the next voyage! Woot! It does stink to crash back to reality. I hate coming back to cooking, cleaning, laundry, making my own coffee, etc.

You still have to be very fast to snag a Cabana, I got one on each of my back to back cruises this summer, but I checked how quickly they went and all were gone in less than 5 minutes, so you still have to be up as the booking window opens and its not guranteed.

Photos of Cabanas 4 and 5 and the others around on my blog.

http://fantasyfantasyholiday2012.blogspot.co.uk/

For those full cruises (like I'm sure we'll be on late next May) this is true. The cabanas go so fast. I don't see us doing the bulk of our cruising during the busier seasons. There were more than 1 of the cabanas available both on the family beach and Serenity Bay when I booked ours at 80 or so days prior to sailing the 9/26 Dream. I think some were left for the first timers, too. This is yet another arguement for avoiding the summers and holidays for me. Less competition for the bookings!

stillgoofy

I can definitely relate to the DCL addiciton. Not so much for the Platinum status (although it will be nice) but just because I have to go, I can't help it anymore. I've only been on 2 cruises on the Dream (both 4 nights) and I already have cruises 3 & 4 planned. Cruise 3 in 2013 Fantasy Eastern and cruise 4 in 2014 to Alaska (Tammy is booking this as soon as it's released). Wish I could afford more than one a year because I would be there for sure.

As far as cabanas, I must have gotten lucky because we had one on our 2nd cruise last month with family. Of course, Tammy booked it for us and she's the cruise queen so she has all the secrets.

Disneyfalcon

I can definitely relate to the DCL addiciton. Not so much for the Platinum status (although it will be nice) but just because I have to go, I can't help it anymore. I've only been on 2 cruises on the Dream (both 4 nights) and I already have cruises 3 & 4 planned. Cruise 3 in 2013 Fantasy Eastern and cruise 4 in 2014 to Alaska (Tammy is booking this as soon as it's released). Wish I could afford more than one a year because I would be there for sure.

As far as cabanas, I must have gotten lucky because we had one on our 2nd cruise last month with family. Of course, Tammy booked it for us and she's the cruise queen so she has all the secrets.

:D :D :D

tracyandalex

We have a park and cruise addiction, do sadly we can't go as often to either as we'd like. We have only been able to squeeze in one cruise per year so far, but next year I am determined to squeeze in at least an extra 3 nighter next year. We are booked on a 7 night Eastern in April right now so we have 8 more months to get it in. DH is concerned about our cruise count, but he also has a deer in headlights look when I mention booking another one. This month we (DH & I) cancelled our dentist appointments to make a surprise trip to WDW for the CM preview of the FLE (a giant thanks to my sis for inviting us!!). We've got it bad. We will make it onto a boat twice next year!!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Oh yes! I'm hearing more and more references to the hubby's "cruise career". Like: "When are we sailing on the Wonder? I need to have all 4 ships on my resume." He's totally cracked-out!!!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I've been on 12 DCL cruises, but still haven't been on all 4 ships. 7 nights on the Fantasy in April, if I can come to terms with missing out on the Flower and Garden Festival.

Oooooh...then we'll see an addition to your signature??? Flower & Garden will be bloomin' when you come back. Think of all the flowers and gardens you can see in your ports! :D

Disneyfalcon

Or are we using golf terms? I've got a slam because I've sailed on all 4, but not in the same year? Next year I may pull off a grand slam, I've got 3 out of 4 booked. I just need to sneak in a Wonder cruise. :D

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Or are we using golf terms? I've got a slam because I've sailed on all 4, but not in the same year? Next year I may pull off a grand slam, I've got 3 out of 4 booked. I just need to sneak in a Wonder cruise. :D

You know the Wonder is sailing out of Galveston in the fall....juuuuust saying..... ;) Holy....wait a minute....I could pull a Grand Slam, tooooooo!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom