Disney Cruise FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

polynesiangirl

The cruise line buses should get you there early enough to be there for your selected boarding time. What time did you choose? Since you notified cruise line that you need a pick up from a WDW hotel, you should have paperwork from them the night before telling you what time your pick up from the hotel is.

Pam

I'd have to go back and check but I'm pretty sure we picked like the second-to-earliest time which is something like 10:45am.

Thanks Pam! Appreciate your input.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
OK, so if I am staying in WDW the night before our cruise and having DCL Pick us up, do I have any control whatsoever over our boarding time? Does DCL assign it for us? They asked me to choose a boarding time when I pre-registered a few days ago but I have zero idea if the DCL bus can get us there early enough to make the time I selected.

Is this something I need to call them about? I'd hate to find out they can't get me there by our boarding time and find out I messed something up.

I think you may be confusing boarding time and arrival time. :) You don't pick a boarding time, you pick a port arrival time. You pick one even when on Disney transfers which is funny, because as you said, you have no control over your arrival time.

Disney started asking guests to pick arrival times a few years ago to try to spread out arrivals because the terminal fills up quickly when the Dream and Fantasy are sailing. No matter what time your arrival time is, unless the terminal is full, you will be allowed in. If it is full, you will be held outside until boarding begins and the terminal clears out a little.

The arrival time you pick will play a part in your boarding number. The earlier the time you pick, the lower your boarding number. With a 10:30 or 10:45 arrival time, you'll have a very low boarding number. Around 11:30 (sometimes earlier) they will start calling boarding numbers. By 12:30 or so, all boarding numbers have usually been called and it's in open boarding, meaning numbers don't matter, and everyone can board as soon as they check in.

Because you are on transfers from WDW, you will probably not arrive until open boarding has begun, so your boarding number won't really matter. If you are lucky enough to be on an earlier bus, you'll probably still get there after your boarding number has been called.

So check in and enjoy walking on without waiting! :)

polynesiangirl

So check in and enjoy walking on without waiting! :)

Thank you! This is exactly what was confusing me. I could not figure out why they would even bother asking me if they're the ones driving us to the port. We haven't been on DCL in a decade and I was pretty sure they didn't ask us for that last time, but could not remember.

That works for me! :)

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Thank you! This is exactly what was confusing me. I could not figure out why they would even bother asking me if they're the ones driving us to the port. We haven't been on DCL in a decade and I was pretty sure they didn't ask us for that last time, but could not remember.

That works for me! :)

No problem! :)

Brian & Jill

Can you text friends and family that are sailing with you through the Disney Cruise Line app? I'm sorry if this was asked before. I looked really quick and did not see it asked. TIA!!!!

DCLcruiser

If I book a cruise via JetBlue's cruise website can I then link my existing Castaway Club number to it? Or do I have to call the CC number? Will I be able to pick excursions via the DCL website? Also can I add the ground transportation feature after booking the cruise?

Normally I book via the DCL website but i'd like the points on JB.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
If I book a cruise via JetBlue's cruise website can I then link my existing Castaway Club number to it? Or do I have to call the CC number? Will I be able to pick excursions via the DCL website? Also can I add the ground transportation feature after booking the cruise?

I don't have any experience with Jet Blue's booking process, so someone else may chime in, but here are my guesses. If you are given the option to enter your CC number when booking, then do that. If not, you should certainly be able to call DCL with your reservation number and get it linked then. You should be able to do excursions online like everyone else. You can usually add transfers later, but make sure Jet Blue doesn't have any specific rules on that.

DCLcruiser

I don't have any experience with Jet Blue's booking process, so someone else may chime in, but here are my guesses. If you are given the option to enter your CC number when booking, then do that. If not, you should certainly be able to call DCL with your reservation number and get it linked then. You should be able to do excursions online like everyone else. You can usually add transfers later, but make sure Jet Blue doesn't have any specific rules on that.
Thank you. I'll call JB to confirm.

DCLcruiser

So we're all booked for the cruise! I called JetBlue Cruise customer service as the website does not provide a way to include your CC number or ground transportation. The agent was very helpful.

The agent was able to include both my wife and my Castaway Club numbers in the reservation. If I had booked online, by calling the Castaway Club Reservation Phone Number I could have added it after the fact.

She was also able to add the official Disney Cruise ground transportation. According to DCL CC Reservation Phone agent if I book through another site I cannot ask DCL to add ground. I would have to call the third party agent anyway.

For excursions I will use the standard DCL website. The DCL website and Castaway Club website recognized my reservation without me having to do anything more than sign in.

Using the JetBlue Cruise agent does cost $24.99, but I received 2x True Blue points for every dollar (excl. taxes, fees, etc), which are redeemed for JetBlue flights (I'm a frequent flyer on JetBlue and have the JetBlue Amex [more points!]), and my initial deposit was slightly reduced (but an additional deposit is due in December, unlike Disney).

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
So we're all booked for the cruise! I called JetBlue Cruise customer service as the website does not provide a way to include your CC number or ground transportation. The agent was very helpful.

The agent was able to include both my wife and my Castaway Club numbers in the reservation. If I had booked online, by calling the Castaway Club Reservation Phone Number I could have added it after the fact.

She was also able to add the official Disney Cruise ground transportation. According to DCL CC Reservation Phone agent if I book through another site I cannot ask DCL to add ground. I would have to call the third party agent anyway.

For excursions I will use the standard DCL website. The DCL website and Castaway Club website recognized my reservation without me having to do anything more than sign in.

Using the JetBlue Cruise agent does cost $24.99, but I received 2x True Blue points for every dollar (excl. taxes, fees, etc), which are redeemed for JetBlue flights (I'm a frequent flyer on JetBlue and have the JetBlue Amex [more points!]), and my initial deposit was slightly reduced (but an additional deposit is due in December, unlike Disney).

Good to know! Thanks for the update!

alissafalco

Hi, I'm possibly going on a Disney cruise in the spring for the first time ever. I had a few questions that I didn't find the answers for.
1) I read here that you can put Disney gift cards towards your account as a credit in the beginning of your cruise, but not knowing how much I will spend, I wanted to know if I could use my gift cards at the end of the cruise to pay my balance? Like I do at the resort.
2) What are the locks like on the doors from the inside? Do they have the single pull down handle with the top pull over lock so you can have the door open a crack but still locked like in the resort? I'm asking because I really want to know if they have that top pull over lock because little ones can easily just pull down the lower handle and get out (yes this did happen in WDW).
3) I have one extremely picky eater and was wondering if Cheerios are served on board? as well as chocolate milk (and if chocolate milk is included)? I would pack cheerios if it wasn't. & lastly
4) Would I be able to request to have a microwave in the room? if not, is there a community microwave I would be able to use like they have in the QS restaurant at the resort?
ok, I think that's it for now. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom