Disney considering making more themed mod resort rooms (with pics and proof)

prattler

I showed the pictures to my wife and she almost peed her pants! Of course she wants to stay in the princess room, especially since we have a baby girl. But OH-MY-GOSH how fun would that HM room be?! Bathrooms hidden behind bookshelves? Glowing footprints on the ceiling? Hezz-yeah, sign me up!

Maybe they can also have one devoted to Lindsay Lohan, that former Disney It-Girl! Different wings could be themed to her various films, with one wing also as jailcells! "Experience the magic of life behind bars!" Guests could even be given complimentary ankle devices to help with the realism...

(buh-dum-ching)

wolf359

The jail cell wing wouldn't be very realistic. Most guests' vacations are longer than her jail time has been...:p

Magenta Panther

I don't know about anyone else but I don't need to be beaten over the head with Mouse ears and Princess theming to feel "magic". Things can be "Disney" without being gaudy and tacky. If I wanted that I'd stay at Nickelodeon suites or something.

The "magic" is in the amazing theming of those resorts, they can take you to a different place and/or time. When I stay at Old Key West I'll be damned if I don't feel like I'm really there, from the music played around the property to the gorgeous grounds, they nailed it.

That's fine, but there should be a choice for guests. I'd take that Haunted Mansion room over POR any day.

Foolish Mortal

As it stands now, they could insert that kind of theming into the new Pop Century suites if they wanted and jack them up to $300/night premium hotel rooms.... and they would still sell out.

$300 ? I don't like 'em THAT much !!! HM room or not, for $300 I'm going to the Poly.

bdinger

Maybe they can also have one devoted to Lindsay Lohan, that former Disney It-Girl! Different wings could be themed to her various films, with one wing also as jailcells! "Experience the magic of life behind bars!" Guests could even be given complimentary ankle devices to help with the realism...

(buh-dum-ching)

I'd love to see the mini-bar in those rooms. Heck, they could replace the bathroom with a walk-in mini-bar. With no shower and tons of alcohol, you could even get the Lindsay Lohan look during your stay. :ROFLOL:

Tom

Beta Return
I don't know about anyone else but I don't need to be beaten over the head with Mouse ears and Princess theming to feel "magic". Things can be "Disney" without being gaudy and tacky. If I wanted that I'd stay at Nickelodeon suites or something.

The "magic" is in the amazing theming of those resorts, they can take you to a different place and/or time. When I stay at Old Key West I'll be damned if I don't feel like I'm really there, from the music played around the property to the gorgeous grounds, they nailed it.

You're exactly right. While I would love to stay in the HM room, they only need to remodel a few existing rooms to accomplish this "perk".

IMO, Disney has excelled in the theming of their resort hotels. When I'm at POR, I feel like I'm really down in the bayou (or as close as an Indiana boy is going to get). In fact, every one of their Mod & Deluxe Resort Hotels has given me more of a "theme immersion" feeling than their third theme park does.

Disneykidder

Wow...what a great concept. A themed room totally appeals to everyone...adults and kids alike. There are many other rides/themes that Disney could capitalize on. Princess room, Mickey room, Pooh, Splash Mountain southern style room, space mountain, Tower of Terror would be cool, Hollywood theme...I could go on!

I love the idea of a themed room. It takes resting at the room into another attraction in itself. We would totally stay there.

As many have said, I wonder where they will put the HM and the Royal rooms. :veryconfu

wdwfan22

I'm with Ragetti. They should have been doing this from Day One. As it stands now, they could insert that kind of theming into the new Pop Century suites if they wanted and jack them up to $300/night premium hotel rooms.... and they would still sell out.

Staying on property has always been touted as being "surrounded by the magic" at night too. I never fully bought that line, and always thought "it's just a hotel room." Well, in these special cases, it won't be just a hotel room anymore. I think it's brilliant.

There is no way those rooms would sell for $300 a night.

tinkatpotc

Looks great, and another way for Disney to drum up additional revenue. And, why not? There are plenty of fans who love the attractions and would be willing to pay an extra few bucks a night, so add a few of these across each resort and offer them.

We did on our last trip!! I love POTC and wanted to stay in the themed room! It was like being a kid again!!! Even though we only sleep in the room, it was still a blast!

Animaniac93-98

There is no way those rooms would sell for $300 a night.

"no way"? I think you underestimate the buying power of certain Disney fanatics to whom an HM room would appeal to.

Besides, there's always Mouse Savers to show us if there's a 40-45% off AP rate. ;)

I would also like a Deluxe-room quality Hollywood Tower Hotel style room too.

Testtrack321

"no way"? I think you underestimate the buying power of certain Disney fanatics to whom an HM room would appeal to.

Yes, but not one that's full of bloated plastic crap, bad furnishings, all in a small room. The kind of people who would pay for a $300 a night room will never buy this.

lebeau

I would love to stay in one of these rooms. But no one is going to pay $300/night. No way.

The pricing should be in line with the current Pirate-themed rooms.

SleepingMonk

They just need to take it to the next level.

Bring the idea to the deluxe resorts, bump up the quality, use of theme and make the entire package more adult and less kiddy.

A REAL spooky Haunted Mansion room would be well worth $300 per night.

WDW needs to embrace the entire family demo, not just the tiny tots and princesses market. Learn from Universal just a bit. They would have period furnishings, creepy music and maybe even a rotting corpse or two just for fun!

:D

Testtrack321

They just need to take it to the next level.

Bring the idea to the deluxe resorts, bump up the quality, use of theme and make the entire package more adult and less kiddy.

I still wouldn't buy it and nor will many others. People who stay at Deluxe resorts don't find the value in the same things those who stay at moderates.

You don't build a five star restaurant around the foundation of Golden Corral but just make the food better. It's a total conceptual shift.

WDW needs to embrace the entire family demo, not just the tiny tots and princesses market. Learn from Universal just a bit.

Why does everyone have this idea now that Universal is family and Disney is just princesses? The only way Universal is family is if everyone is over the height of 46" and loves coasters, simulators, and dark subject matter.

Tom

Beta Return
:lol: Funniest thing I read all day. Especially since Universal just announced this morning that they are ALSO raising their prices to $82/day as well.

Actually, that just reinforces the fact that Disney should learn from Universal. They should let UO raise prices first, then follow up :)

Of course, then it would turn into a never-ending waiting game. Who's gonna move first....?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom