Disney Club Discount on Tickets.

Talsonic

Account Suspended
I went to my local Disney Store today to stock up on Annual Pass vouchers to avoid the price increase (i.e. $354.04 now vs $375.24**a savings of $21.20) that goes into effect on 9/11. I wanted to buy 12 AP's but the store only had 6 left, darn. I was surprised and pleased to find out that the Disney Stores were giving away red, white and blue "Let Freedom Ring" pins. They are very attractive and I thought it was a very nice gesture by Disney. Anyway, on my way home it dawned on me that AAA sells WDW tickets too. So I dropped by my local AAA office and sure enough I was able to buy 6 more AP's at the reduced price. I saved $254.40 and got a beautiful pin in the process.

Now here's the catch. If you buy an AP via the Internet or at the gate (at WDW) it will cost you $391.14. The only way you can get the AP for $375.24 is if you are a Disney Club member and you buy in advance. If you buy an AP in advance and you are not a Disney Club member, you will pay the full $391.14. The rules have changed, again!

Bobster

Originally posted by Talsonic
The only way you can get the AP for $375.24 is if you are a Disney Club member and you buy in advance.

Talsonic, to get the Disney Club discount on the AP, where exactly can I purchase the pass in advance? The Disney Store only? The internet? Anywhere else?

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by Bobster

Talsonic, to get the Disney Club discount on the AP, where exactly can I purchase the pass in advance? The Disney Store only? The internet? Anywhere else?

Thanks for your help.

As I said, the rules have changed. My research supports the conclusion that the Disney Club discount is only available from The Disney Store, AAA and "selected travel agents". I have not yet found anywhere on the net that provides the discount (including The Disney Store site). There could be a net site that does the discount, but I haven't found it. Anyone else have information?

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
hmm.. 12 AP vouchers..

if those are for 1 person, that'll last 12 years.. however, in 12 years, judging by the historic progress in WDW Construction, park 5 should be open. However, since you bought your passes now, you have negated the chance of getting in the POTENTIAL 5th park if and when it does open.

This is just assuming that my assumptions are correct

Upvote 0

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Disney Admission Prices.

Originally posted by mktiggerman
hmm.. 12 AP vouchers..

if those are for 1 person, that'll last 12 years.. however, in 12 years, judging by the historic progress in WDW Construction, park 5 should be open. However, since you bought your passes now, you have negated the chance of getting in the POTENTIAL 5th park if and when it does open.

This is just assuming that my assumptions are correct

This purchase just added to my stash. Actually, the purchase is for 3 people (4 years). However, these items make wonderful Christmas presents for some other "Disney freaks" I know. Without getting into all the math, we're good to go for 8 years now at bargin basement prices. Very good point you made about the 5th park. I did take that into consideration. It's almost a full time job checking on the various Disney discounts even with the help of mousesavers.com.

Upvote 0

Mr D

Somebody please clarify or correct me, I thought my PAP was only good for one year from the date it was purchased, not the date it is first used, seems like the rules may have changed on that as well.

Upvote 0

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Original Poster
It Depends.

Originally posted by Mr D
Somebody please clarify or correct me, I thought my PAP was only good for one year from the date it was purchased, not the date it is first used, seems like the rules may have changed on that as well.

If you bought the Premium Annual Pass at your local Disney Store, AAA or the net then you got an "Exchange Certificate" (i.e. a voucher). You can hold the voucher for years (I still have some that are 5 years old). The clock doesn't start ticking on these until you activate them at WDW. Then, they are good for one year. However, if you purchased your PAP at WDW, the clock starts on the day of purchase.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom