Disney Chase Card.

RobVanDam

Original Poster
Okay I'm going to be a JR in college and have yet to have my own credit card... So in order to start building credit, I need to apply for a card. As much of a Disney Lover I am, is this card worth using to build my credit or should I go for something else?

mraw

Okay I'm going to be a JR in college and have yet to have my own credit card... So in order to start building credit, I need to apply for a card. As much of a Disney Lover I am, is this card worth using to build my credit or should I go for something else?

If you pay off your debts monthly, its a very good card to have. I have a little over $400 in rewards stored on my account, and that's free money considering that I use the card to pay for items I would buy anyway.

I think I'm going to use the reward dollars for an annual pass the next time I'm in WDW

lilclerk

This year, if you had the card and visited during August and September, you were given the Dining Plan at no charge.
Well technically Disney Visa owners just got the opportunity to book that package a few days before the general public.

But yes, if you're going to pay it off every month and won't have to deal with the ridiculous finance charges, it's a great card. If you're going to carry a balance, there are better cards out there.

Katherine

I have also been thinking about this too.

If I already have a Chase debit/credit card would it be worth upgrading?

I've read the benefits and the "perks" of the card but how easily do points add up? What are some of the "unsung" benefits? (I know with marriot cards and airline card sometimes you can get a free upgrade). I guess is it easy to manage/would it be similar to how I manage my account now? Also, is there a monthly/yearly fee?

browniebee

My parents use the Disney credit card, but as a student who is also trying to build credit, I just use the Discover student card and a Visa student card because I guess they are better for students trying to build credit? My dad explained it to me why I should get the student cards, but I honestly wasn't paying attention...I'm good at paying off my bills each month but I think student credit cards are a little more forgiving or something like that.

It's really up to you. If you like getting Disney Dollars, then go for it. I essentially just freeload off my parents when i go to Disney so the free dining plan, etc, wouldn't have been worth it for me.

lilclerk

I've read the benefits and the "perks" of the card but how easily do points add up? What are some of the "unsung" benefits? (I know with marriot cards and airline card sometimes you can get a free upgrade). I guess is it easy to manage/would it be similar to how I manage my account now? Also, is there a monthly/yearly fee?
I guess it would depend on how much you'd use the card. I don't have a lot of expenses, but since March I've earned about 70something points. There are the occasional promotions as well. For example, right now you can book a room at a discount for late August - September. Selected members were also given the chance to earn extra points if you spend so much in certain categories (for example, I need to spend $500 on groceries, entertainment, plane tickets.. and something else I can't remember and then I'll get 5x points for the rest of the summer.)
http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/newsandoffers.html

Plus the regular things like discounts on tours, strollers, getting the chance to book free dining early. There's no annual fee. I guess it would depend on what you're getting with the card you currently have and whether you'd use the Disney card enough to make the points worth it.

lilclerk

I guess it would depend on how much you'd use the card. I don't have a lot of expenses, but since March I've earned about 70something points. There are the occasional promotions as well. For example, right now you can book a room at a discount for late August - September. Selected members were also given the chance to earn extra points if you spend so much in certain categories (for example, I need to spend $500 on groceries, entertainment, plane tickets.. and something else I can't remember and then I'll get 5x points for the rest of the summer.)
http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/newsandoffers.html

Plus the regular things like discounts on tours and shopping (and some dining in Disneyland,) strollers, getting the chance to book free dining early. There's no annual fee. I guess it would depend on what you're getting with the card you currently have and whether you'd use the Disney card enough to make the points worth it.

RobVanDam

Original Poster
Well... I don't have a credit card right now (well i do, but its branched off my father's account so I don't really build the credit)

and i'd only use it for stuff that I have the money for at the time I use it, for example, dinner with the girlfriend, orrr... gas... orrr.. college tuititon (just to get those dollars added up)...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom