Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
LEAKED BLUEPRINTS!
swexpand.jpg
So these are DEFINITELY official riiiiighht!!??????

RSoxNo1

OK, I love the propects for the parks and the companies, but I have one reservation:

Can you see the Star Wars films without the 20th Century Fox logo on them?

As much as I love Disney, Star Wars films go with the 20th Century Fox logo! I can't imagine that opening crawl without being preceded by the Fox fanfare!!

(I wanted to respond here first, where I have followed the story, but I decided it really belonged in the film section, so I created a thread over there just for this... http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...e-will-disney-drop-fox-from-new-films.855055/ It includes the clips of the orignal intros.)

Anyway, i thought of it here, and wanted to say it here, so I have. But i also gave us geeks another place just to think about that part of the deal!
Fox still has the distribution rights for the 6 movies, they do not have the rights to any subsequent movies.

AswaySuller

Yeah, you can see that by the lack of enthusiasm on the internet today.

It's had it's hay day.... People are entusiastic about the old movies.... Not the prequels, not even the newer ones (which will be John carter with a Star Wars logo).... It's a hell of a lot of money to spend on revenue from toys and merchandise.

What will the buy next? The matrix... Woohoo go Disney!

Timothy_Q

It's had it's hay day.... People are entusiastic about the old movies.... Not the prequels, not even the newer ones (which will be John carter with a Star Wars logo).... It's a hell of a lot of money to spend on revenue from toys and merchandise.

You said it yourself: "People are entusiastic about the old movies".
Which means they are still relevant and did stand the test of time. That's all it matters.

matt9112

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2012/10/billion.jpg

i loled....people are quick to the photoshop...so.....i think they should just tear down everything left of sunset boulevard.....and...wait for it......DEATH STAR

but honestly....im in sort of mind blown mode.....

LithiumBill

What will the buy next? The matrix... Woohoo go Disney!
yes because THE MATRIX and STAR WARS are very similar. Indeed.

Care to guess what franchise is in the top five for boys in just about every category from books to toys to apparel? Disney has always looked for the way to boys interests, here you go. Along with a gigantic fanbase that puts the potter books and movies to shame...

Yep bad move. :rolleyes:

AswaySuller

You said it yourself: "People are entusiastic about the old movies".
Which means they are still relevant and did stand the test of time. That's all it matters.

I disagree....

People are enthusiastic about back to the future or like I said.... The matrix.... Is it worth making new movies and spending billions on? No....

Sometimes things are best left and 4 billion should be spent CREATING the next Star Wars not just throwing money to ride on coat tails.... That's not why I love this company....

Besides when the new movies come out to a Luke warm reception that'll mean Star Wars will have 3 over rated but loved movies and 6 crappy ones.... Which means the Star Wars franchise.... As a whole... Will be crappy.

Bairstow

i cant say anything other than wow. This is 100 times bigger news than disney buying marvel. Really its even bigger than disney buying pixar. I cant believe this. I still cant say anything else.

Actually it's the same size as Marvel, and 3 billion less than Pixar.

JustInTime

i cant say anything other than wow. This is 100 times bigger news than disney buying marvel. Really its even bigger than disney buying pixar. I cant believe this. I still cant say anything else.
It shouldn't be that shocking. I mean, it's a natural progression and Lucas said he was retiring this year. We knew he wouldn't just let the Star Wars franchise die away. If he didn't sell the franchise it could have. With this sell, he is guaranteeing not only that the series will keep going, but new life will be breathed into it. To me it's not shocking at all. Marvel, however, came out of nowhere to me. Still shocked and it still doesn't make any sense to me.

And I wonder what this means for Indiana Jones? Disney is sure to want to cash in on every corner of this deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom