Disney Buses at University of Florida

ArielBelle

Original Poster
So...UF has a HUGE campus, and us undergrads have to park in a parking garage farrr away from the main campus area and take buses to class. Well today, I noticed a new bright pink painted bus waiting for me, and on the front screen, where it usually says where it is going, it said "Walt-Disney MGM Studios/Downtown Disney" Not sure why it was combined..but that would have been amazing, it teased me a little, think I'm going to class but instead I get a surprise field trip to Disney! :eek:

Now, I think this was a VERY old bus, it had "lynx" on the back of it, so I guess they bought it first from Disney..and it got passed down to us. Now i wannnnnnna go!

Hurricane

Lynx is Orlando's public transportaiton, so it may have been a public bus whose route included DTD and MGM and was picked up by UF

StevenT

Yeah that big ugly pink bus came from Orlando's "Lynx" transit system. I think most of RTS' busses have come from other cities. I've seen some from Broward county I beleive among other places. Perhaps at one time Lynx had a line that ran over toward Disney property? I always laugh when I see the bus running around Gainesville with the reader board saying it's going to "Downtown Orlando - Colonial Blvd."

I'll have to keep my eye out for that one, what route does it run now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom