Disney’s Q1 FY24 Earnings Results Webcast

mikejs78

Premium Member
Would your coworkers stay subscribed to Disney+ if an option to buy became available a month or two afterwards? I see her next US concert (sorry, if this is a bad assumption on your location) isn't until October, so that's a good amount of money spent on a streaming service, even if they use the ad-supported tier, to just watch one thing every so often.

Probably not - but let's say they subscribe to the ad tier from March until October. That's $64. Compared to the average ticket price to one of her shows, which was $1088.56 for her 2023 tour, that's pocket change.

And you can bet if this drives subs, they will figure out a way to get more Taylor Swift content.

Nevermore525

I've mentioned here or somewhere else... Disney's been known to lure talent (or appease them, in the case of ScarJo) by offering future acting rolls or to produce/direct. Taylor comes from an acting background.

So...
As of 2022 she was slated to make her directorial debut for Searchlight Pictures. So unless that’s changed Disney has something in place for her already.

ABQ

Well, if the rumor coming out right now that the Disney Burbank based animation studio is shutting down and Moana 2 is being done in Vancouver now, that's quite a cost cut that was strategically delayed 1 day. Bold move, Bob.

EPCOT-O.G.

Well, if the rumor coming out right now that the Disney Burbank based animation studio is shutting down and Moana 2 is being done in Vancouver now, that's quite a cost cut that was strategically delayed 1 day. Bold move, Bob.
I don’t know what to make of it. Vancouver was where WDAS set up shop to make the D+ series. Since they are presumably repurposing what’s been worked up so far, it makes sense to keep its production there.

But, if this is true, that partially solves a problem these films have had; that is, the production costs.

I feel bad for the animators in Burbank, as well as some of these posters here who looked down on the “cheaply” made overseas animation projects by other studios.

ABQ

I don’t know what to make of it. Vancouver was where WDAS set up shop to make the D+ series. Since they are presumably repurposing what’s been worked up so far, it makes sense to keep its production there.

But, if this is true, that partially solves a problem these films have had; that is, the production costs.

I feel bad for the animators in Burbank, as well as some of these posters here who looked down on the “cheaply” made overseas animation projects by other studios.
I think the biggest issue I have with this, if true, is to accept that there will no longer be any tie to current animation and where the original masterpieces of Walt Disney animated movies were made.

choco choco

I’ll put money right now on Moana 2, Frozen 3, and Furry Animal Detectives 2 all flopping.

Disney’s doesn’t seem to get that its reputation right now is that they are the regurgitation studio. Everything offered up to the consumers has been consumed already, and the audience knows Disney is vomiting half-digested bile up and asking us to pay for it again. Literally, in the case of Moana 2, which is just the remnants of a television show. They’re so cheap now they can’t even make a movie proper.

But it’s all the same, they’re gonna serve us something we’ve already had before, except now mangled and ugly and smells like . A regurgitated television show, with none of the first films principals involved, and they’ll wonder why no one wants to pay to watch it. 🙄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom