Disloyalty to Disney?

disneyfan56

We have went to Universal ans Sea World in the past- still doesn't compare to Disney.

So why would we continue to waste our money going elsewhere?

EPCOT Explorer

Traitors,all of you!
:lol:

I've been to Busch Gardens...It didn;t even compare.I tried to keep an open mind but the no BGM/dirty walls/mean CM's got to me.

I'll stick with the Mouse.

I live in Orlando and have only been to Universal parks twice, both were free since both were with friends who parents have worked there. One was for IOA and then for HHN. Im sorry but i didn''t like IOA that much, WDW is way better and really i cnt see how they even match up or can be put in the same league. No i didn't feel like i was betraying WDW but man did i want to go back to Disney after i visited haha

agent86

Original Poster
We did BOTH Universal parks in the same day.

I always chuckle whenever someone writes this about Universal, because I think the intended message is to imply that there "just isn't much to do" at Universal, and therefore it's easy to do both parks in one day (Note the placing of the word "BOTH" in all caps, for extra emphasis). In reality, you could technically do any combination of parks in just one day if you just hit only a few of the attractions. I've personally been able to hit all four Disney parks in one day (and that's counting the driving time between all four parks...and taking the time to park, and walk in from the parking lot), but I would never argue that Disney doesn't have enough to keep me there for much longer. The same is true of Universal. If one were to truly give it an honest chance, with an open mind, there really is no way they would be able to see it all in under two days. But obviously if you just go in and hit a handful of attractions at each park, then you can post on a Disney fan site that you "saw BOTH parks" in one day.

I guess my question here is, what is it that people are afraid of? Why don't people want to admit to themselves, or to others, that Universal has two stunningly awesome parks? I wonder sometimes if maybe people are just threatened by Universal, and they know there are aspects of it that are superior to Disney in many ways. Therefore, they try to tear it down and say things like, "You can easily see it all in a day" (which is completely untrue). Personally, I love the fact that Universal exists, and it doesn't make me love Disney any less. But I plan to visit Universal on my next trip, and the trip after that, and so on....

jorgetheviking

honestly, I am a fanatic of both. I love Universal & I love Walt Disney World. I've been going to Disney since I was a baby, theres so many magical memories. Universal is a newer interest but that doesn't mean I prefer one or the other. I do not see anything wrong about enjoying yourself off Disney-property. I'm sure Walt would be proud to see how his life inspired many others, and changed people's lives forever. Yeah, he was a great guy but don't feel disloyal because you give Shamu a visit.

DisneyGigi

It isn't that I think that I wouldn't like Universal it is just that we go to Orlando for WDW. :shrug:
The only thing we have ever done outside of WDW at Orlando was the Titanic Exhibit. We go to other parks and vacation spots throughout the year so WDW time is strictly for WDW. :)

DISMOM

A large part of my vacation is parking the SUV and not driving for the entire week. We can do that at any Disney resort. That's what we love about a Disney vacation. Yes, a trip into I Drive would be fun, but do I really want to exert the energy to do it....so far the answer has been no.

MAGICFLOP

I feel no Guilt..

I stoped renewing/going to universal because it is too much walking. I bring my parents and my small children. Ya have to walk a mile from the parking to the entrances to the park. It's too much for older people...

Future I will return

bdedon2

We just love parking the car for two weeks and forgetting about the real world. I'm getting my money worth for staying on property :). I just want to relax and let Disney tote me around and cater to me when I'm on vacation there. Read the signature. No one can cater to me like WDW, unless I become a billionaire one day.

fizzle75

I'm curious what drives the unyielding desire, for some, to only experience Disney and nothing else. Just curious...what keeps YOU on property and what is the reason for it?

OK, I'll bite...

Plain and simple...I'm a huge Disney fan. As a child I absolutely fell in love with the amazing characters in Walt Disney's animated and live action features and I'm still in love with them today. I have such fond memories of watching Old Yeller, Lady and The Tramp, Herbie the Love Bug, Bambi, Mary Poppins, Dumbo, Swiss Family Robinson, Mickey's Christmas Carol, The gy Dog and the list goes on and on. I will forever remember the giddy excitement I felt as I anxiously awaited Sunday nights so I could watch Wonderful World of Disney. I can still remember watching The Fox and The Hound at a drive in theater and being mesmerized from beginning to end. These characters have left an indelible mark on my life and for me Walt Disney World isn't just an amazing theme park, it is a celebration of the amazing characters that sucked a fat lonely kid into their world and helped him to deal with his loneliness. These amazing films also birthed in me a great love and appreciation for animation that has only gotten stronger as I've grown older.

As a preteen I became obsessed with comic books and spent hours and hours in my bedroom reading the latest X-Men or Spiderman comic but those characters never resonated with me like Mickey, Donald and Jiminy did and before long I quickly grew tired of them.

My parents never read Dr. Seuss to me as a child and to this day I don't get the appeal of Dr. Seuss and I personally hate the character design that is prevalent in the books and cartoons. I must admit though that as a huge Christmas nut I have a fondness for both the cartoon and live action versions of How The Grinch Stole Christmas.

I've never understood the appeal of The Simpsons, in my opinion they are highly overrated. I've watched the show many times in an effort to try to like it since I seem to be the only male on the planet who doesn't, but I still just don't get it. I just can't get past the annoying character design.

I guess what I'm getting at is that the big draw for me at WDW is my pre existing love for Disney's characters, a love that just doesn't exist in me for most of the characters/franchises represented at Universal. I'm sure some of the rides are amazing but I have no desire to spend any of my vacation time away from the characters and worlds that I love so much at WDW.

I'm a big Harry Potter fan and I'll probably consider paying Universal a visit once The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is completed but my love for Harry pales in comparison to my love for Disney so I'm sure I'll be anxious to return to the "World" that has truly, deeply captured my heart.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I always chuckle whenever someone writes this about Universal, because I think the intended message is to imply that there "just isn't much to do" at Universal, and therefore it's easy to do both parks in one day (Note the placing of the word "BOTH" in all caps, for extra emphasis). In reality, you could technically do any combination of parks in just one day if you just hit only a few of the attractions.

Agreed, I also find it strange, especially how IOA/US actually have more attractions than AK and DHS.

Disloyalty is absurd, I know a lot of Disney CM's that LOVE Universal and go there often, when they get the chance.

surfsupdon

I like going to Universal parks, Busch Gardens, and over to the beach when i can. Haven't been to SeaWorld since the 80s. I like these parks a lot, they are fun and have some nice rides. But I like Disney more.

LoriMistress

DH and I always stay on Disney property and just go to the Disney parks. Eventually, we would like to explore US/IOA one of these days. Maybe next time.

JeffC

Back when we first started going down to Orlando as a family, it was ONLY Disney (and I hope those high paid execs who make the decisions because of CRAP they've received from others see this...)
BUT, I now feel Disney has FAILED ME!
A few years ago when I felt we had a pretty crappy time there and I didn't receive a decent reply we decided to experience other Orlando things - ie Universal. We saw soooooooooo much more that Orlando had to offer that even though Disney is visited, we spread the wealth to other venues.
AND Universal will take most of our money now that PI is gone...:wave:

Miss Bell

I don't think it is disloyal, but my teen-aged daughter is still holding a grunge over the Universal commercials a few years ago that dissed Tinker Bell.

I think, however, that when the Harry Potter part opens, she'll see her way past that...at least for one visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom