Disgusted by Brer Rabbit Cartoon from Universal!!!

ilovepluto23

Original Poster
Has anyone seen commercials for a cartoon of Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear by Universal?
I was watching some movie on DVD and it was one of the previews on the disc. I was so disgusted by it. It's so funky compared to Disney (of course...it's hard to top Disney).

I know they probably have the right to do the cartoon and everything. Disney has it's own version of the story (just like Pinnochio, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, etc.) and other companies can produce their version, but I was just so revolted by Universal's version. Just thought I'd share.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Since it's something put out by Universal Pictures it has to suck, just like E.T., Back to the Future, Jaws, Apollo 13, Gladiator, King Kong, Schindler's List, and Jurassic Park did and Miami Vice will on Friday.... :hammer: :brick: :rolleyes:

ilovepluto23

Original Poster
NemoRocks said:
Since it's something put out by Universal Pictures it has to suck, just like E.T., Back to the Future, Jaws, Apollo 13, Gladiator, King Kong, Schindler's List, and Jurassic Park did and Miami Vice will on Friday.... :hammer: :brick: :rolleyes:

I agree with all of those except E.T. and Back to the Future. I love those movies! I grew up with them! I can't believe you think those two suck.:(

maggiegrace1

ilovepluto23 said:
I agree with all of those except E.T. and Back to the Future. I love those movies! I grew up with them! I can't believe you think those two suck.:(

I think he was being sarcastic....

See the smilies...:)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
ilovepluto23 said:
Wow, what crappy sarcasm.
Actually, this would not be considerred crappy sarcasm as it was well documented with the smilies. Crappy sarcasm would have been something without the :rolleyes: or :brick:

Just a helpfull bit of info.

TheOneVader

NemoRocks said:

Hey, hey, in all fairness, Miami Vice looks like it actually will suck.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
TheOneVader said:
Hey, hey, in all fairness, Miami Vice looks like it actually will suck.
To you it may, but to others it may not. Besides, when has a Michael Mann film actually sucked? Everything he's done has been great....The Last of the Mohicans, Heat, The Insider, Collateral....even Ali was decent.

ilovepluto23

Original Poster
NemoRocks said:
I don't like to hate on movies just because they were made by a rivaling theme park's parent movie studio....

Well good for you. I just decided I'd share my opinion on it though b/c it made me want to vomit.

It seems Universal has been increasingly annoying in these past few years with their "If I have to hug another princess I'll puke" commercials, and their new night show with the globes similar to Illuminations'.

CaptainMichael

Universal has put out many outstanding movies over the years. I won't let my prejudice against their parks get in the way of enjoying their movies.

MickeyTigg

ilovepluto23 said:
Has anyone seen commercials for a cartoon of Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear by Universal?
I was watching some movie on DVD and it was one of the previews on the disc. I was so disgusted by it. It's so funky compared to Disney (of course...it's hard to top Disney).

I know they probably have the right to do the cartoon and everything. Disney has it's own version of the story (just like Pinnochio, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, etc.) and other companies can produce their version, but I was just so revolted by Universal's version. Just thought I'd share.

Disney doesn't own the characters....what's the big deal? Don't watch it and don't buy any merchandise...don't support it.

There have been cheap knockoffs of Snow White and other Disney Classics by other studios...they bomb. People know quality and if it's bad it won't sell.

Main Street USA

NemoRocks said:
I don't like to hate on movies just because they were made by a rivaling theme park's parent movie studio....
Geez. Read first. Understand second. Post third. Nowhere in the original post does it say anything about hating it BECAUSE Universal made it. You may want to read it twice next time......or not....whatever......your choice. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom