Disgruntled Members

Dayma

tigger1968 said:
I really, really love how some people judge the quality of a person or their knowledge by the number of posts they make... :brick:

Why am I not surprised that you don't get her point? :)

Number of posts means nothing. Its the quality of the post that matters to me. People do not come to these boards to be called "noobs". They come here to discuss Disney stuff. People should feel no pressure to get their post count up as it usually just causes long threads with 90% of the information being repeated over and over again or comments that are only made to raise the count.

TAC

If you are going to have a posting contest, or even a ing contest, make sure you don't eat the yellow snow.

slappy magoo

Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...ANALOGY MAN!

ArielBelle...

Let's say you just got your meathooks into a new boyfriend. Great guy, dream man, knight in shining armor, what have you. This guy digs you so much, he invites you to a picnic/family reunion. His extended family will be there, so you get to meet everyone in one fell swoop.

Now your boyfriend is late for this particular shindig, but you show up on time. And instead of introducing yourself solo, you hide in the bushes, watching the family.

Observing the family.

Judging the family.

Now, when your boyfriend finally shows up and introduces you, you immediately say "Yeah, you know what? I've got something to say. Uncle Ned, you're loud and boring. Aunt LaFonda, your use of double negatives is mind-boggling. And you, possible-future-mother-in-law, if you expect to have a conversation with me, really, you need to start being more positive because I loathe all this negativity."

Imagine how that family would feel.

How they'd be watching you.

Observing you.

Judging you.

Regardless as to how valid your points might be. Regardless as to whether anyone feels the same way you do. You went OUT OF YOUR WAY to attack people while they're trying to enjoy doing what they do. And for what? THAT'S your idea of a good first impression? THAT'S your way of introducing yourself?

If that's the case, the judgment each member will have on the board for you will be earned. Whether or not you'll appreciate that judgment is yet to be seen.

You'll forgive me if I don't spell-check. I think I spent enough time just venting.

Shaman

slappy magoo said:
Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...ANALOGY MAN!
Regardless as to how valid your points might be. Regardless as to whether anyone feels the same way you do. You went OUT OF YOUR WAY to attack people while they're trying to enjoy doing what they do. And for what? THAT'S your idea of a good first impression? THAT'S your way of introducing yourself?

Exactly!

brich

slappy magoo said:
Let's say you just got your meathooks into a new boyfriend.
Meathooks...
Hmm
Meathooks?
Meathooks! I like that. :lol:
"...and we shall call them - Meathooks!..." :king:

Captain Hank

This thread disintegrated from a bit of an angst release to a discussion of the competitive release of liquid metabolism byproduct. Wow.

Shaman

Captain Hank said:
This thread disintegrated from a bit of an angst release to a discussion of the competitive release of liquid metabolism byproduct. Wow.

Was it good for you too?

:p

speck76

I gruntled a few minutes ago (not enough fiber yesterday I guess)

I guess that means that I am currently "post-gruntle"

artdude323

Oh, you silly kids and your games.:lol:

But it could be worse. There's someone on the EZBoard help forums who posts like this (Now this is her formal style, on a technical help forum):

I,cin't,figur,outwhat,happnd,to,the,rest,of,mt,mssing,posts,fromafterthe,return, ofthe,hakd,threads.

We call her comma girl, and she can't figure out why no one answers her problems.

Maybe we could lock ArielBelle in a room with her and they could IM each other to the death.:rolleyes:

ArielBelle

Original Poster
I appreciate all of those who stood up for me...and applauded me for my chutzpah (nice Yiddish over there from someone)

And I am totally confused why my number of posts means anything? And no, I have no relation to Mickey Man...but when you were 14 years old, were you a walking dictionary? Would you rather be thankful that there is someone inside the parks feeding information? Don't most of you think it would have been pretty cool to be 14 and in Disney and posting to everyone about the happenings while all of us sit here and wait to go back!

Yes, I'm a newbie...yay me...I'm a 20 year old college student who enjoys reading tidbits and not posting replies, until I found something about the Dreamfinder and really wanted to put in a post.

If you're not interested in a new thread-don't read it. And spelling errors should not entail those of you who think you are above and beyond misspellers to "pass over", I cann mispell a wurd or too and eye think u can still understand what I am saying.

I may know how to spell and use grammar, but plenty of people on here aren't from the US...and more people, I am sure, are stronger in other areas than spelling and falter at grammar.

I can't believe you guys get a kick out of making fun of first a 14 year old, and now a 19 year old college student who is just as obsessed as all of you with Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom