Disco Carnotaurus

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
Sorry if this is being discussed elsewhere; I did a quick search and found nothing.

I went on DINOSAUR today, and the finale Carnotaurus (where they take your picture) was inactive. Instead, the lights focused on a dino to your LEFT. He did a too short animation, and then they whipped out an old favorite: the strobe light.
Anyone know what's going down? It's fine if a dino needs to go down for repairs, but why in the world is its backup in shoddy condition?!?

Cmdr_Crimson

You Mad Bro?
601483_10151878321463274_2033905417_n.jpg

I guess you can say he's...CarnoTROLLING! (With Derp eyes)
0.jpg

Last edited:

Alektronic

Sorry if this is being discussed elsewhere; I did a quick search and found nothing.

I went on DINOSAUR today, and the finale Carnotaurus (where they take your picture) was inactive. Instead, the lights focused on a dino to your LEFT. He did a too short animation, and then they whipped out an old favorite: the strobe light.
Anyone know what's going down? It's fine if a dino needs to go down for repairs, but why in the world is its backup in shoddy condition?!?

The standing Carno is just being repaired. That is just standard procedure for repairs by using a temporary replacement. The strobe light is for the on ride photo capture.

Bairstow

Was on the ride yesterday.
The floating, flashing carnotaurus head looks absolutely godawful.

It wasnt always that way, for the first 2 years it was a pretty incredible attraction. Lousy maintenance, missing effects, and bean counters can be blamed for it's current state.

It was always too dark and too empty, even when new.
Several completed effects and decorations were never installed because they plain ran out of time.

matt9112

Rode Friday and noticed this....thank god I'm not crazy....so our ride photo is us looking to the left...because there's nothing scary going on.

James122

I remember the very first time I rode Dinosaur - that part where the Carnotaurus popped out of the dark and hovered over the car scared the crap out of me. Dinosaur isn't one of my favorites (I think that Carno scarred me for life) but I've always found it creepy/exhilerating because it is so dark and you have no idea what's gonna come popping out at you around the next corner.

matt9112

I remember the very first time I rode Dinosaur - that part where the Carnotaurus popped out of the dark and hovered over the car scared the crap out of me. Dinosaur isn't one of my favorites (I think that Carno scarred me for life) but I've always found it creepy/exhilerating because it is so dark and you have no idea what's gonna come popping out at you around the next corner.

I found it too dark....can't even see foliage or well anything...he'll if science man was not talking you would have no idea what was happening. And I see to remember the meteor effects being much more pronounced and lighting the area up simulating fireballs and I did not see any of that...just pitch dark nothing for a few minutes and less than a handful of Dino encounters that lacked movement like an art gallery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom