Disable Passes Being Sold On Ebay

mrerk

Premium Member
Did anyone check out this guys other auctions on eBay? He's peddling 3 annual passes and 2 annual water park passes telling people that Disney will not "harass" them about the passes being in someone elses name.

Wow what a class act this guy is! :fork:

This guy sounds like a real POS.

cls4016

With Disney and eBay being promotional partners recently, I wouldn't be surprised if they have it already. Here's hoping this individual can never buy an AP again.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Don't worry everyone, any passes that guys sells won't work anyway. They're disabled passes.
Not all disabilities are visible to the eye, and Disney won't risk an ADA lawsuit by challenging a person claiming a disability.

Rob562

Don't worry everyone, any passes that guys sells won't work anyway. They're disabled passes.

I think more of the owrry/concern is that this guy is making money from unknowing/gullible people from the sale of things that won't work. (Of course, you can't feel TOO badly about someone who buys such a thing in order to try and "bend the rules")

-Rob

yankspy

I think more of the owrry/concern is that this guy is making money from unknowing/gullible people from the sale of things that won't work. (Of course, you can't feel TOO badly about someone who buys such a thing in order to try and "bend the rules")

-Rob
"Fools were made for a wise man's profit". I do not feel sorry for the seller or the buyer in this case.

PhotoDave219

Today i was on ebay looking at what fastpass our being sold. So after looking awile i notice a disable pass was being sold i got so mad :mad:. So anyways i am reporting it to ebay i think its not fair that this pass is being sold and its really sad ebay doing nothing about this.

Here the listing link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Super-li...ryZ16071QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And here a story about ebay stoping listing hmm? : http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-fastpass0808jul08,0,4447294.story

So what you think about this??

Yeah, and?

People sell Give Kids the World buttons on eBay.

Missing20K

Hmm, I was trying to make a joke. As in the passes won't work because they have been disabled, as in disabled from the computer system. I guess it wasn't that funny. :ROFLOL: Cause that's what I thought when I first read the title of the thread. Someone was selling old, used, disabled, unusable, passes from years gone by for souvenir purposes.

irish_man

Do the parks date these passes?

Yes, they date the passes. The CM asks when you're leaving WDW and puts that date on the card. The Ebay seller must have told the CM some story to get Oct '08 on his card.

Perhaps Universal has a better idea, a daily pass, dated for that day only.

How do I know this? The Mrs. has a critical illness and is one of the many many genuine people who get the GAC card each time.

Also.... on hearing about the GAC card a few years back, our docter gave the Mrs. a letter to take to WDW to explain she's a genuine case etc, the CM would not look at the letter saying its against state law to question a persons health ( or something like that), just goes to show how easy it can be for the knobs to obtain a card under false terms

ChrisQ

Hmm, I was trying to make a joke. As in the passes won't work because they have been disabled, as in disabled from the computer system. I guess it wasn't that funny. :ROFLOL: Cause that's what I thought when I first read the title of the thread. Someone was selling old, used, disabled, unusable, passes from years gone by for souvenir purposes.

That's kinda what I thought. Good joke, even if it was a bit underappreciated. :wave:

Disneykidder

It's sad how some people will manipulate anyone or any situation for a quick buck. Who knows what else the seller is selling and under what other name. I am glad it is pulled. There are people with genuine problems that need the card, like my husband. It's a shame.

I'd prefer to purchase ALL of my tickets directly through Disney...then I know it will alwasy be legit and safe to use.:)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
The Ebay seller must have told the CM some story to get Oct '08 on his card.

Or the seller could be a CM him/herself :drevil:

Also.... on hearing about the GAC card a few years back, our docter gave the Mrs. a letter to take to WDW to explain she's a genuine case etc, the CM would not look at the letter saying its against state law to question a persons health ( or something like that), just goes to show how easy it can be for the knobs to obtain a card under false terms

It's actually a federal law, the Americans with Disabilities Act.

MAF

Wow that's horrible. Not only are they selling something that should only be used for the truly sick, but they are trying to make money off of something that they recieved for free. Sickening...

Rob562

Yes, they date the passes. The CM asks when you're leaving WDW and puts that date on the card. The Ebay seller must have told the CM some story to get Oct '08 on his card.

Local AP-holders who require a GAC can have theirs dated with far-in-the-future dates so that they don't have to keep visiting Guest Relations on every visit. But I think six months is the farthest out that GR will date one. So the Guest just has to go back and get one twice a year. More than likely this is what this person did.

-Rob

TinkerbellK

Perhaps Universal has a better idea, a daily pass, dated for that day only.

How do I know this? The Mrs. has a critical illness and is one of the many many genuine people who get the GAC card each time.

it actually IS against the law to make a person prove a disability. that keeps the CMs at the gate (or any employee/person anywhere) from being allowed to decide who "needs" a wheelchair or walker and who "doesn't." it also keeps CMs/employees/people from being able to/having to judge who is "disabled enough." i walk in my daily life, and only use a chair at disney. the law exists so I dont have to prove I "really" need my wheelchair that day. that decision is left up to me and my doctor.

the GACs all day that they are not for sale, and eBay pulls them down pretty much as soon as they are made aware of them.

one suggestion that i really like is that they should put a photo of hte person who requires the GAC on the card (busch gardens puts photos on every multi-day ticket, so i know it can be done!), so that not only can they not be sold, but they cannot be used by someone in the party other than the person with the disability.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom