Disability Safe Space

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
A safe space for anyone with physical or mental abnormalities. I have ADHD and (I believe) autism. THIS IS NOT A SPACE FOR HATE, POLITICS, OR ANY TYPE OF RUDE COMMENTS. Safe space. Feel free to share your stories and be among friends.

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Can I ask a question, why do you say you 'believe' you have autism?
My school guidance counselor pulled me aside during class a few days ago and said he'd noticed some of what he thought were signs I was on the spectrum. Of course he can't give any official diagnosis, so he had me take a couple of online "test yourself" things. I scored "very likely" on both.

donaldtoo

My school guidance counselor pulled me aside during class a few days ago and said he'd noticed some of what he thought were signs I was on the spectrum. Of course he can't give any official diagnosis, so he had me take a couple of online "test yourself" things. I scored "very likely" on both.

Please seek a second opinion, other than your school guidance counselor. Actually, get at least 2 actual qualified doctors opinions, as a school guidance counselor isn’t nearly qualified to make that kind of diagnosis. And, reading everything on the internet will have you dying of everything you can imagine in 5 seconds. It seems to me that it would have been caught way before age 14 if it was a serious issue.
We have a 30-year-old son that was diagnosed on both the autism and Asperger’s spectrums when he was a young child.
But, he was also born 3 months early, and 1 month in utero growth retarded, at 1lb. 4oz.
He was not expected to even live.
Again, get more than 1 qualified opinion from an actual medical professional, and not a school guidance counselor.
Sorry, but, just ridiculous.

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Please seek a second opinion, other than your school guidance counselor. Actually, get at least 2 actual qualified doctors opinions, as a school guidance counselor isn’t nearly qualified to make that kind of diagnosis. And, reading everything on the internet will have you dying of everything you can imagine in 5 seconds. It seems to me that it would have been caught way before age 14 if it was a serious issue.
We have a 30-year-old son that was diagnosed on both the autism and Asperger’s spectrums when he was a young child.
But, he was also born 3 months early, and 1 month in utero growth retarded, at 1lb. 4oz.
He was not expected to even live.
Again, get more than 1 qualified opinion from an actual medical professional, and not a school guidance counselor.
Sorry, but, just ridiculous.
My family can't afford multiple doctors right now. My parents are gojbgb through a divrce and court fees over who grts to keep me and stuff plus a disney yrip makes is so we can't get money for things like thst

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
. It seems to me that it would have been caught way before age 14 if it was a serious issue
My mom doesn't want me to gt diabgosed because she thinks I'm just a bad person and if i got diagnosed with anything she'd not be able to bully me as much
Also it'd been brought up many times in the past by my sister and dad (both diagnosed, confirmed on the spectrum), other school councelers, one of who worked as a nurse at chkd as a second job.

John park hopper

Like people abuse the service dog (not needing one) how would you police a disability area for people abusing that (not having a disability. There are many are clinics around I'm sure your schoo; could help you out getting a definitive diagnosis. If you are there are programs available for help

BlakeW39

With all due respect, I would take your counselor's personal diagnosis with a grain of salt. ADHD in many cases can have very similar symptoms to autism and it would be difficult for your counselor to distinguish between the two

Last edited:

BlakeW39

My mom doesn't want me to gt diabgosed because she thinks I'm just a bad person and if i got diagnosed with anything she'd not be able to bully me as much
Also it'd been brought up many times in the past by my sister and dad (both diagnosed, confirmed on the spectrum), other school councelers, one of who worked as a nurse at chkd as a second job.

This makes me sad... I don't know you well but you aren't a bad person. I mean you're clearly a polite and kind hearted young man. Whatever the reason is for you saying this, I'm sure it's not your fault. :(

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thank you. I appreciate it, although I don't know exactly how to word it I really appreciate it
This makes me sad... I don't know you well but you aren't a bad person. I mean you're clearly a polite and kind hearted young man. Whatever the reason is for you saying this, I'm sure it's not your fault. :(

Figgy1

Premium Member
My family can't afford multiple doctors right now. My parents are gojbgb through a divrce and court fees over who grts to keep me and stuff plus a disney yrip makes is so we can't get money for things like thst
In many states if you have an IEP or 524 the school will pay for you to get tested. If you don't have an IEP or 542 please talk to your counselor about getting one. If you have one please talk to your counselor about getting tested and the issues with your mother

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom