Do you like Dinosaur the ride in AK?

• Yes! One of my favorites!

Votes: 183 79.6%
  • No! I'll pass.

Votes: 47 20.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sknydave

My Entire Family including myself all enjoy this ride a lot!!! It is a must see every trip and the jerkiness adds to the adventure! I will never forget the look on kids (and parents) faces when animal kingdom first opened and this ride was "Countdown To Extinction". The fear in their eyes when they got off in unrivaled by any disney ride with the possible exception of Alien Encounter (RIP). I believe the dinosaurs on this ride are much better than the ones in the Jurassic Park Ride at IOA.

Probably because you can barely see them

Disneykidder

For me, if I see it..I see it. If I don't, it's ok, too.

Funny story...when my husband first went on this ride (I had been before), he was scared sooo badly. The pic of him was priceless. He looked like he had seen a ghost. My son, on the other hand, cried and thought it was scary. My niece, bro-in-law and nephew liked it. I stayed out with my son while the rest of them rode it again. (It was the summer but there was really no wait) I'll never forget my husbands look. Plus, the ride got stopped at that EXACT moment so it was even worse. :ROFLOL:

I am not taking anyone's side here but i can say that this is the only ride i have been on over 25 times and it still scares the s**t out of just the same as it did the first time and i love that. After you ride a ride over and over and over it loses it's inital thrill which i the best part. I do not know why but i can not leave my eyes open for the whole ride. :eek:)~ I love it

lilclerk

The only thing I LOVE about this ride is the ride photos. They're almost always hilarious.
Other than that, I don't love it, I don't hate it... I will admit that the Carnotaur always gets me though.

we brought my 4 yr old on this ride for the first time last November. I found it a little jarring. It was fun - but too jarring for little kids.

I did like the theming, lights and the pictures

she was not scared at all. she was just happy to see aladar (i am sure i misspelled that). She thought it was neat. She doesn't particularly want to ride it again. :lol:

She is pretty fearless. Makes me worried about her - you nver know what she will do next.

Goofyque'

Love this ride! Love IJ at DL also: Think the story line of Dinosaur is great, love the preshow, love watching all the others scream, love the post show in the gift shop! Only thing was I thought CTX was a much better name!

Number_6

Count me among those that really don't see what all the fuss is about. I have ridden it I think maybe three times, once each with two of my friends and once with my family. I have found myself bored by it each time. It's just not something I can get excited about going on. I don't even find the Carnotaur to be scary and I feel like I have to apologize to the other people I was riding with because if they bought their photos, they had someone that looked like they were ignoring the Carnotaur in their photo... because I pretty much was. So now I just let my family go on it if they want to and wait for them in the gift shop, or meet up with them elsewhere a little later.

This ride was my favorite ride in AK before Everest, but i still love it! How can you not enjoy learning about Dinos from the mom from cosby!! I have liked just watching that ride evolve ;-) Not sure if anyone else remembers but before the "Dinosaur" (the movie) came out it was called "Countdown To Extinction" Even then it was an awsome ride!! My brother who hates going to disney world (How we ever came from the same Gene Pool I will never know) loves riding that ride and usually only likes going to AK. So you need to make sure you ride that ride!!!

cococola44

Original Poster
This ride was my favorite ride in AK before Everest, but i still love it! How can you not enjoy learning about Dinos from the mom from cosby!! I have liked just watching that ride evolve ;-) Not sure if anyone else remembers but before the "Dinosaur" (the movie) came out it was called "Countdown To Extinction" Even then it was an awsome ride!! My brother who hates going to disney world (How we ever came from the same Gene Pool I will never know) loves riding that ride and usually only likes going to AK. So you need to make sure you ride that ride!!!
TEST THE DNA!! MAY-DAY!

:lookaroun

Retrorides

Oh yes. My favorite there with only the Safari ride a close second. It's just right--not too little kiddish and not too scary. Right in the middle.

mike_collins

I remember seeing an effect for this ride previewed on "Good Morning America" before CTX opened. It was an amazing "meteor" effect done with light and smoke.

I don't think I've ever seen it in action though.

I like this ride, my only beef is that a lot of it is in mostly dark sections.

Kerby626

I love Dinosaur!!! One of the only rides that still gets me a little on edge. When we went for our honeymoon the wife and I got the picture. I figured out where the camera was and waved while the elderly couple next to us looked totally oblivious to anything. If it leaves I'll go back in time and bring it back!

Disneyfanman

My Entire Family including myself all enjoy this ride a lot!!! It is a must see every trip and the jerkiness adds to the adventure! I will never forget the look on kids (and parents) faces when animal kingdom first opened and this ride was "Countdown To Extinction". The fear in their eyes when they got off in unrivaled by any disney ride with the possible exception of Alien Encounter (RIP). I believe the dinosaurs on this ride are much better than the ones in the Jurassic Park Ride at IOA.

I have a first trip pic from 1998 or 1999 when my kids are all holding their hands over their heads in fear! It's a scream! For several years they discussed keeping their eyes open for the entire ride. Now, of course, they look forward to the ride very much, and they always bring up the story. It's kind of a coming of age ride. Alien Encounter was the same, although they closed it before my daughter and youngest son were able to keep their eyes open. My brother of 42 years of age rode it for the first time in 2005 with us, and when he emerged he said that it would be hard for any ride on the planet to be as cool as Dinosaur. There are two cautions. First, small kids have to be really well prepared for the experience since much of it is pitch black and the dinos are pretty realistic. Second, it's very jerky and can really do a job on you if you have a bad back or hip or anything that could be hurt. My wife gave it up a couple of years ago due to her back. She doesn't do coasters anymore either. Other than that........for most it's a don't miss attraction. Last it's usually not very crowded, so the wait is easy. Or use a fastpass. I haven't waited more than 10 minutes for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom