Dinner out of the parks

JillC LI

Original Poster
You can eat one dinner in Downtown Disney or the Disneyland resorts (no park entry). Where do you eat? (That will be our decision the evening we arrive at the Best Western Plus across the street.) Oh, and we don't want to break the bank but a sit-down meal would be nice.

sweetpee_1993

I know near the walk across to Harbor there's an IHOP, Denny's, and a Mimi's Cafe. People rave about Mari's pizza delivery. I've had none of these places. We like to do Google maps street view to "walk" down a street if we're wondering where businesses are. I'm a landmark person when I'm looking for somewhere I've never been. Street view helps me see & visualize an area, pick out bright signs, and establish my bearings.

JillC LI

Original Poster
I know that @derelicte19 said that Napa Rose was one of the best meals ever eaten, but I think it's a tad too pricey for us. Still looking at menus . . . .

PolynesianPrincess

I know that @derelicte19 said that Napa Rose was one of the best meals ever eaten, but I think it's a tad too pricey for us. Still looking at menus . . . .

Napa Rose was pricey (our total bill was $225 with tip but we also ordered a $60 bottle of champagne and 2 $11.25 mixed drinks - so $70 of that was alcohol .. we're not lushes - I swear!! lol) It was worth it though. The steak was SO good! Coming in 2nd only to the Cali Grill filet I had in 2012!

We also ate at Naples and it was just like Via Napoli at Epcot. The pizza was really good! I've also heard good things about Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel.

Pooh'sBuddy

Tortilla Jo's. That one's my favorite of Downtown Disney.

I enjoyed Naples. If you have been to Via Napoli in Epcot it is very similar. Earl of Sandwich isn't anything fancy or sit down, but the sandwiches are always fantastic. We had friends that ate at the Jazz Kitchen and raved about it but we never had a chance to try it ourselves.

Mousesavers lists the owners of Tortilla Jo's and Naples as having a program to sign up for that will send those who sign up a birthday offer $30 coupon to use if you spend $30 to be used within 60 days of the recipient's birthday. :joyfull: Whooo hoooo!

Nicole220

Napa Rose also gets my vote.

On a less expensive note.....I love Earl of Sandwich, Naples and their smaller grab and go area which is right next door. I've also enjoyed ESPN Zone.

JillC LI

Original Poster
Mousesavers lists the owners of Tortilla Jo's and Naples as having a program to sign up for that will send those who sign up a birthday offer $30 coupon to use if you spend $30 to be used within 60 days of the recipient's birthday. :joyfull: Whooo hoooo!

My husband's birthday is two days before we leave so I'll look into it! Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom