Dining with an Imagineer

Captainvideo

Original Poster
Does anyone have any feedback on the dining with an imagineer? I saw this as a Disney experience and was wondering if it was insightful into the different aspects of their careers, or if it was simply a question and answer session. My daughter is trying to decide whether to go the math and engineering route in college and thought this might give her one perspective. Was it interesting and worth it? Thank you.

Last edited:

horizons82

Great question...I had been interested in this at times too and would love to hear of any first-hand experiences.

I think it's probably a little bit of both in terms of the Imagineer telling what he does as well as a Q and A.

Since it is done as a small group, I'd worry that the other diners could have totally different areas of interest as far as what is asked and discussed. I personally would want to know specifics in terms of the park design and the technology and what all happens in the process of putting attractions together. I'm also very interested in music for the attractions and would love to know the creative and recording process of putting all of that together.

How much the particular Imagineer at the dinner is involved in the area I want to know about, or how much others at the table would be interested in the same things as me would decide just how much of what I'd like to know about is discussed or talked about. This would be my greatest concern.

horizons82

Thanks Nemo...that did help a little although hoping to maybe get a few more updated or detailed comments.

From what I read in that thread it seems odd that they would give the gift plates for the dinner held at Brown Derby but not at Flying Fish even though they are both technically the same experience.

I'd also like to know if there is a set menu for this or if guests are able to order from the menu. My wife is a pescatarian (does not eat meat but does eat fish), so obviously if a steak were the only offering it would be an issue for her).

Hope to see some more comments coming...

Nemo14

As I recall from our experience, it was a limited menu, but very good. (We did the lunch at Brown Derby)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom