Dining suggestions

nicole3874

Original Poster
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of planning my Dec. 2009 trip to disney with my DH and 2 DS (ages 3 & 5). We have been many times before, but keep going to the same restaurants. This time I want to try something new. Does anyone have any suggetions that would be good for us with 2 small children. We have done O'hana (B,D), Garden Grill, Cape May Cafe (B), and Le Cellier many many times. I want something new. Thanks ahead of time for all your suggestions.

KristieLC

We really liked Wolfgang Puck - my 4 year old son did too. They had paper covered tables so he could color the whole thing and he loved the ice cream palette. It was one of my favorite meals. The fresh peach/mango iced tea is out of his world! T-rex cafe was another one of my son's favorites.

SchultzFamily

Crystal Palace for breakfast (get an early adr so you can get in before the crowds and have unobstructed views of the castle, etc.), Sci-Fi, 50's Prime Time, Biergarten (great buffet with lots of options and the kids love the live music and being able to dance).

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Suggestions, if the kids are joining you:
-The Plaza in MK (great ice cream desserts and kid-friendly)
-Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort (character meal)
-The Polynesian Luau (exciting dinner show I'm sure both you and the kids will enjoy)

Have fun...my wife and I will also be there in December. You may want to think about getting tickets to Mickey's Christmas party in the MK as well...it's a really fun and special holiday event!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of planning my Dec. 2009 trip to disney with my DH and 2 DS (ages 3 & 5). We have been many times before, but keep going to the same restaurants. This time I want to try something new. Does anyone have any suggetions that would be good for us with 2 small children. We have done O'hana (B,D), Garden Grill, Cape May Cafe (B), and Le Cellier many many times. I want something new. Thanks ahead of time for all your suggestions.

Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace are good choices. My DH and I (no kids) really like it too!!!! A show like the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue would be fun too - never been but it would be fun! :lol:

coltow

My boys are 2 & 5. The places they enjoy are Chef Mickey's and Coral Reef. They loved the Plaza, it was small and cozy. There was also plenty of things to look at out the windows to keep them busy. My 5yo also really liked having breakfast at Kona in fact we ended up going 2ce on our last trip.

materbuddy

Character dining- Crystal Palace in MK- B,L,D
Chef Mickey's at Contemporary- B,L,D
Hollywood and Vine in DHS- B,L

Non Character dining- Boma- AKL- B,D This is my personal favorite.

kitten2299

Coral Reef is a must, and if your boys are into cars the Sci Fi is great, also for a character meal Hollywood and Vine is good for their age. I know I like to do different resturants each time but my DD is such a princess nut we have to do them every time.

nicole3874

Original Poster
Thank you, these are all great suggestions. I never thought of the Coral Reef, but I guess that would be interesting to them. I have considered the Sci-Fi, but is that a little scary or will it be okay. I have my list going, we will be there 10 days with the dining plans so I want to try as many new places as we can.

DisneyPrincess5

Thank you, these are all great suggestions. I never thought of the Coral Reef, but I guess that would be interesting to them. I have considered the Sci-Fi, but is that a little scary or will it be okay. I have my list going, we will be there 10 days with the dining plans so I want to try as many new places as we can.

IMO, absolutely not scary. They play very old school monster movies/shorts that are more stupid and entertaining than anything else. It's a tad dark, but not too dark...you have to see your food after all.
Over all, it's just really fun...the cars you sit in are awesome!

bccm05

Hello everyone,

Hollywood and Vine in DHS has the characters from JoJo's circus and Little Einstein,not sure if the kiddos like them but its a buffet and the food is GREAT!!:slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom