Dining recommendations

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
Hey there, hi there, ho there, WDW neighbors!

My lovely wife and I are returning to Walt Disney World in September of this year after almost a 2 year hiatus; I'm so excited, I might asplode. On each trip, while we definitely have some favorites & must-do's, we try to do something new so we're not reliving the same exact trip over and over each time we go. I'd really like to get some dining recommendations from my fellow Disney World enthusiasts as many of you have had excellent ideas & recommendations I've taken advantage of in the past. Here's a list of Disney TS & QS restaurants we've enjoyed over our past few trips; I've left off any QS restaurants that are standard fare. Based on what we like, let me know what's not-to-be-missed, and what we should avoid.

Table Service
Be Our Guest (dinner) - AWESOME
Crystal Palace (breakfast) - pretty good
Le Cellier - decent
Liberty Tree Tavern - our 2nd favorite
'Ohana - I loved it, wife could give/take it
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater - good food, awesome atmosphere
Via Napoli - our favorite

Quick Service
Be Our Guest (lunch... how is the breakfast there?)
Casey's Corner
Earl of Sammich
Flame Tree BBQ (best QS spot EVER)
Gaston's Tavern (but w/o the pork shank, what's the point?!?)
Landscapes of Flavor (surprisingly good)
L'Artisan des Glaces
Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie
Pecos Bill's (although we haven't had it since the menu changed)
Sunshine Seasons
Wolfgang Puck Express

Also, I'm considering visiting a nice steakhouse on this trip; we tried Le Cellier and thought it was okay, but not worth the funds. We're leaning towards Yachtsman's this time; is that a good call, or should we consider another spot? Shula's maybe?

Thanks ahead of time!!!

Hockey89

Hey there, hi there, ho there, WDW neighbors!

My lovely wife and I are returning to Walt Disney World in September of this year after almost a 2 year hiatus; I'm so excited, I might asplode. On each trip, while we definitely have some favorites & must-do's, we try to do something new so we're not reliving the same exact trip over and over each time we go. I'd really like to get some dining recommendations from my fellow Disney World enthusiasts as many of you have had excellent ideas & recommendations I've taken advantage of in the past. Here's a list of Disney TS & QS restaurants we've enjoyed over our past few trips; I've left off any QS restaurants that are standard fare. Based on what we like, let me know what's not-to-be-missed, and what we should avoid.

Table Service
Be Our Guest (dinner) - AWESOME
Crystal Palace (breakfast) - pretty good
Le Cellier - decent
Liberty Tree Tavern - our 2nd favorite
'Ohana - I loved it, wife could give/take it
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater - good food, awesome atmosphere
Via Napoli - our favorite

Quick Service
Be Our Guest (lunch... how is the breakfast there?)
Casey's Corner
Earl of Sammich
Flame Tree BBQ (best QS spot EVER)
Gaston's Tavern (but w/o the pork shank, what's the point?!?)
Landscapes of Flavor (surprisingly good)
L'Artisan des Glaces
Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie
Pecos Bill's (although we haven't had it since the menu changed)
Sunshine Seasons
Wolfgang Puck Express

Also, I'm considering visiting a nice steakhouse on this trip; we tried Le Cellier and thought it was okay, but not worth the funds. We're leaning towards Yachtsman's this time; is that a good call, or should we consider another spot? Shula's maybe?

Thanks ahead of time!!!
With regards to the Yachtsman which I loved, are you ok spending 40-50 on a steak? That would be my only question...

DisneyFans4Life

I haven't been to the Yachtsman or Victoria and Albert's, but those two would probably be my recommendation for a really nice sit down dinner. I've also read great things about Artist Point.

FWIW, my wife and I always end up doing dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern when we're visiting for multiple days.

sgtmgd

Yachtsman is Fantastic..but is a signature as previously noted.
Mama Melrose is a hidden Gem...we love it plus you can get Fantasmic seating.
Starring Rolls is another easy to miss but very very good Sandwiches, cupckaes and other fare
Raglan Road was very good
breakfast at Animal Kingdom @ Tusker house is Excellent

DisneyJunkie

Quick Service
Cosmic Ray's (MK)
Pecos Bill's (MK)
Electric Umbrella (Epcot)
Sunshine Seasons (Epcot)
Roaring Forks Snacks (Wilderness Lodge)
Pizzafari (AK)
Rosie's All-American Cafe (DHS)

Table Service
'Ohana (Polynesian)
Nine Dragons (Epcot)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge)
Coral Reef (Epcot)
Crystal Palace - breakfast (MK)
Biergarten - buffet (Epcot)
Boma - breakfast (Animal Kingdom Lodge)

yedliW

A new favorite of ours is the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. It felt like a signature experience, but still only 1 point on the DDP. If you like shellfish (crab legs, clams, muscles, shrimp), I recommend Cape May at the Beach club.

Liberty Tree is one of our favorites, and we were disappointed it was closed for the renno when we were there last.

belledream

My husband loooves his steak so we treated ourselves to Yachtman's and it was phenomenal. With you on Le Cellier...I didn't see the big deal and would've been content just eating pretzel bread!

If you loved Ohana, I'd say you should try neighboring Kona Café. Some delicious and unique entrees there. And for awesome atmospheres like Sci-Fi, I'd recommend San Angel Inn or Biergarten for the lovely dining-inside-but-outside effect, or Coral Reef to be 'underwater'.

Be Our Guest breakfast isn't a culinary showcase, but we LOVE the atmosphere of that restaurant B L or D so I would never pass up a chance to eat there.

And Flame Tree is good, but we loved the new Harambe Marketplace offerings this time around. Give it a shot!

Schneewittchen

For steak, you might consider Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge, my husband and I love it. The filet is heavenly and it seriously reminds me of the times we've had dinner in the great Western lodges - Paradise Inn at Mt. Rainier, Timberline at Mt. Hood, or Crater Lake Lodge.

Another steak option - Fulton's Crab House at Disney Springs. I usually get seafood, but my husband really enjoyed the steaks there as well.

danyoung56

You can't go wrong with the California Grill, my favorite restaurant on the planet. If you're looking for steak, they serve a marinated beef filet that's just melt in your mouth yummy! Great service, and a view overlooking the MK and the Seven Seas Lagoon that's just spectacular!

NiarrNDisney

Table Service

BlueZoo (Dolphin)
Grand Floridian Café (GFR)
Raglan Road (DS)
Trattoria al Forno (BWR)
Turf Club (SSR)
Wave (CR)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (YCR)

Quick Service

Boardwalk Bakery (BWR)
Backlot Express (DHS)
Capt. Cook's (Poly)
Colombia Harbour House (MK)
Cookes of Dublin (DS)
Exposition Park Food Trucks (DS)
Fairfax Fare (DHS)
Liberty Inn (Epcot)
Pepper Market (CSR)
Picabu (Dolphin)
P&J's Southern Take Out (FW)
RestaurantoSaurus (DAK)
Sleepy Hollow (MK)
Tangierine Café (Epcot)
Test Track (Epcot)

Jess G

Sanna in AKL is one of my favorites! amazing food, great views (see the animals while you eat) bread service is awesome, customer service is awesome. I could eat there everyday :)

Tony the Tigger

Yachtsman was excellent. In addition to the great steaks, you can order side dishes for the table - we had a bowl of carmelized onions that made the steaks even better.

If you go for filet, IMO the filet at Monsieur Paul was even better than YS.

Our favorite restaurant on property is Flying Fish Cafe on the boardwalk, but it will be closed most of this year.

Also loved Be Our Guest for dinner and enjoy Kona Cafe anytime.

NonnaT

@Mr Anderson I totally agree about Flame Tree! Do not ever want to eat lunch anywhere else at AK!
I personally (nor was anyone in the family) was not crazy about BOG breakfast... HOWEVER, did love the 2 rides on 7DMT prior to park opening, so we Def will do that again!!! (Well worth it, IMHO)
On your MK day, why not skip over to one of the resort restaurants for a lovely dinner? Honestly, we really liked the food at the Wave in the Contemporary! It seems to be a bit of a hidden gem! And it is but a 7 minute walk from MK.
We are trying Yachtsman on our next trip, so cannot comment on it, but every review I've ever seen says it's excellent!

mouse_luv

TS:
Jiko (AKL) Their Oak Grilled Filet Mignon is amazing.
Sanaa (AKV-Kidani)
Yachtsman (YC) or Shulas (Dolphin) have good steak
Artist Point (WL)-Salmon is excellent
Cali Grill (CR)

I would not recommend Kona Cafe as was recommended above. They used to be good, not anymore. If you want something in that food type, try Tokyo Dining or Teppan Edo in Japan at EPCOT.

officialtom

I high recommend Boma at AKL. The buffet is unbelievably delicious and there's a great variety of dishes from African to North American. We've gone for dinner on each of our past 4 trips, and will be going for breakfast next week!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom