Dining Plans Return for 2024 / Park Reservations End for Dated Tickets

lentesta

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's official: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/plans/
Dining Plan booking starts May 31, 2023 for arrivals after January 9, 2024.
Two options: Quick Service Plan or Table Service Plan
Snack Credits change from 2 per person per night to 1 per person per night

CONFIRMED: Park reservations go away for dated tickets in 2024.
Also, APs won't have to make reservations at all for some dates, details TBD.

In most cases, Deluxe Room Views will be simplified to Resort View, Water View, Theme Park View.

Last edited:

Dranth

I don't ever use them personally but when reading their page, it is pretty lite on details. Any word on how much it will be changed?

Ayla

I've never understood the obsession some have with the DDP. I don't want to have to pore over a menu, studying what I can and cannot order/eat, knowing damn well I'm paying more for the privilege. I want to order what I want, not what some faceless, nameless office drone decided must be included on the "DISNEY DINING PLAN".

Much like all of Disney nowadays, it used to be a good value. It hasn't been in years.

Smiley/OCD

When we went as a family, the DDP was good for us and we used it to its fullest…(character buffets, etc). Now that we’re empty nesters, we crunched the numbers and it no longer works for us. YES, it’s great that everything is paid ahead of time…agreed, it’s not for everyone, but it served its purpose and worked for us.
Glad they ditched the park restrictions…WAY OVERDUE

dreday3

It's official: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/plans/
Dining Plan booking starts May 31, 2023 for arrivals after January 9, 2024.
Two options: Quick Service Plan or Table Service Plan
Snack Credits change from 2 per person per night to 1 per person per night

CONFIRMED: Park reservations go away for dated tickets in 2024.
Also, APs won't have to make reservations at all for some dates, details TBD.

In most cases, Deluxe Room Views will be simplified to Resort View, Water View, Theme Park View.

Is resort view the same as standard then? Or Garden?

Comped

I figure it will be only a matter of time until Disney announces the end for APs and all other ticket types. If not on the same date, then by the spring season of 2024.

JD80

I've never understood the obsession some have with the DDP. I don't want to have to pore over a menu, studying what I can and cannot order/eat, knowing damn well I'm paying more for the privilege. I want to order what I want, not what some faceless, nameless office drone decided must be included on the "DISNEY DINING PLAN".

Much like all of Disney nowadays, it used to be a good value. It hasn't been in years.
I mean, almost everything was available. I never felt like I had restrictions when I had it. Only big thing you can't do is say just order a bunch of appetizers.

jimbojones

I never went for the dining plan but got it as a "free" deal years ago. It did not seem like a good deal for my family who other than me eat like birds. However with teens/preteens now I would prefer to have a dining plan to simplify the budget and planning. My last trip I was getting anxious about meals because I was obsessing over the cost of food. Knowing that money was already accounted for in the budget would make for one less thing to distract me from enjoying the trip.

Not worth it for an adult or couple , but it can be a good option for a family with hungry kids.

lentesta

Premium Member
Original Poster
Was this officially communicated anywhere? Or did you hear it through sources?

It was on the Travel Agent site. Let me see if I can quote something.

ETA from disneytravelagents.com, along with what seems to be "YOU WANT FASTPASS+ SO BAD? FINE. FINE!!":

Simplifying the Disney Genie+ experience

We have heard from guests that they would like ways to plan with Disney Genie+ service and individual lightning lane selections before the day of their park visit, and while we don’t have specifics to share yet, we want you to know we are working on ways guests may do this for visits in 2024. We want to give guests the opportunity to spend less time planning in the park and more time enjoying their visit with friends and family. We look forward to sharing more details at a later date.

Updated room categories

Effective later this month, and including all 2024 reservations, the names of some room categories at Deluxe Resorts will be simplified to be three categories in most cases: resort view, water view, theme park view. This adjustment better enables us to focus on the guest experience at check-in as we assign rooms and prioritize specific requests.

Last edited:

dreday3

It seems like some hotels that have pool view (Poly I think?) will all just be called water views.

Resort view has to be garden view, unless they are getting rid of that tier and making it all standard, but raising the price of standard to cover that. Which would be mayhem.
Add to that some people could pay the same price but one can get a pretty courtyard view and one can get a dumpster or parking lot view. Which would be mayhem.

I'm interested to see what they do! :D

lentesta

Premium Member
Original Poster
It seems like some hotels that have pool view (Poly I think?) will all just be called water views.

Resort view has to be garden view, unless they are getting rid of that tier and making it all standard, but raising the price of standard to cover that. Which would be mayhem.
Add to that some people could pay the same price but one can get a pretty courtyard view and one can get a dumpster or parking lot view. Which would be mayhem.

I'm interested to see what they do! :D

This is why we created the Hotel Room View tool.

eliza61nyc

And remember Ayla, not every measure "value" by dollars. When the kiddies were younger just the fact that everything was prepaid and they could order whatever they wanted no matter what, was a huge huge bonus for us.
I have adult Friends that only go to "all inclusives" because they live the concept of not having to think about food costs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom