Dining Plan Questions

Lucille

Original Poster
So now that free dining is offered for our possible trip dates, I have some questions about it. We've never done the dining plan before, so these might be stupid questions.

We would have the Quick Service Dining plan. We are two adults, staying 7 nights.

The info I'm looking at is located here - http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...altDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2012QuickService.pdf

It says that for breakfast we get - 1 entree, 1 non-alcoholic beverage and for lunch or dinner we'd get 1 entree, 1 dessert, 1 non-alcoholic beverage.

Do we have to have 1 breakfast per person, per day and 1 lunch or dinner per person, per day? Or does it just count as basically 2 counter service meals, per person, per day?

Not sure if that question makes sense or not. What I'm asking is basically if the meals are considered different things or if basically we get a total of 28 quick service meals and 14 snacks (2 adults, 7 nights.) Do we have to have 14 of those be breakfast and 14 lunch/dinner?

Also, is it actually per person...or again, is it just listed as 28 total meals for whoever do use?

When it lists an entree and a beverage, what kind of beverage does that mean? I typically drink bottled water with my meals in the parks. Or a bottle of chocolate milk. Or an apple juice (not sure if they come in bottles or boxes or what in the parks.) Would those beverages not be included in the plan?

And when it says dessert, what kind of desserts do quick service places offer? I'm not sure if we ate any desserts with our QS meals last time.

Lucille

Original Poster
I thought of another question.

On our last trip, for breakfast at the food court on most days I would get a side of scrambled eggs and a pastry and/or fruit. None of those would be considered entrees, correct?

mickeysshoes

What you thinking is correct. It's a total for each of you for the 7 nights...you can use the credit for any meals and can use 3 in one day if you choose. Credits are good till midnight on the night you check out. Yes you can get any of the drink you listed with you meal. Most of the time the desert with QS is like a brownie, cookie or ice creak. Not the kind of dessert you would get with at TS meal.

mickeysshoes

You can get fruit, whole or cup, bagel or muffin. Lots of liitle stuff like that for breakfast with your snack credits. You can also get a bottle of water or milk with a snack credit!!

Lucille

Original Poster
So if I got a bottle of water with my QS lunch, would that be free as a part of my meal or would I need to use a snack credit for it?

DisneyJoe

What I'm asking is basically if the meals are considered different things or if basically we get a total of 28 quick service meals and 14 snacks (2 adults, 7 nights.)

The 28 quick service can be used on any days for any quick service meals - breakfast, lunch or dinner.

The 14 snacks can be used on any days for any snacks.

Lucille

Original Poster
At a QS it would be part of your meal! :)

Awesome. Thanks!

So if we eat breakfast at the Pop Century food court and I got a breakfast platter, a water bottle would be included with that as well? Even if I just plan on saving the water for later and using my refillable mug for tea?

But if I got a pastry and a bottle of water, I'd have to either pay OOP or use two snack credits?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm still just confused about it all. LOL.

JillC LI

Depending on your eating habits, it mightbe more cost efficient for you to pay to upgrade to the regular DDP rather than to keep the quick-service plan and pay out of pocket for your sit down meals. Something to consider.

Lucille

Original Poster
Depending on your eating habits, it mightbe more cost efficient for you to pay to upgrade to the regular DDP rather than to keep the quick-service plan and pay out of pocket for your sit down meals. Something to consider.

We will probably only have 2 sit-down meals in our week-long trip. We don't think Disney food is very good, nor do we want to waste time eating at sitdown places. So I definitely won't be upgrading. And if the dining plan wasn't free, we definitely wouldn't be using it.

I went through all of the meals we ate on our last trip. We would have had 5 QS credits remaining at the end of our trip (if we'd had the free dining.)

The problem is, a lot of meals we eat aren't really entrees. For example, I would get a side of eggs and a pastry or fruit for breakfast. Or a side salad and breadsticks for dinner. Or one afternoon we shared fried rice and french fries for lunch.

We just eat when we're hungry and that typically means just random little things throughout the day. Which is why after looking at our old receipts (yes, I save them in my Passporter book), we only ate a total of 23 things that would count as QS entrees. We did eat plenty of things that would count towards the 14 snack credits though.

CaptainShortty

Awesome. Thanks!

So if we eat breakfast at the Pop Century food court and I got a breakfast platter, a water bottle would be included with that as well? Even if I just plan on saving the water for later and using my refillable mug for tea?

But if I got a pastry and a bottle of water, I'd have to either pay OOP or use two snack credits?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm still just confused about it all. LOL.

That's correct. It doesn't matter when you actually drink it. The water bottle will be included with your breakfast entree. If you got a pastry and bottled water it would be considered 2 snack credits or you could pay out of pocket.

When you're down in the world look for the DDP symbol (purple and white box that says DDP) near the food items. That will let you know that they are included on the dining plan at QSR and Snack locations. If ever you have a question just ask the nearest CM and have your Front Desk CM explain the DP to you when you arrive to get any questions answered that you have up front. Trust me you're not the first person to be confused and you won't be the last. =)

You can use your dining credits in any order throughout your stay and use as many as you want on any given day. The credits are linked to your reservation and not to a specific person so anyone can use them as long as they have your KTTW card. Also, you can use any of your KTTW cards to use the Dining plan. You only need one per food transaction.

Hope that helps!

Lucille

Original Poster
That's correct. It doesn't matter when you actually drink it. The water bottle will be included with your breakfast entree. If you got a pastry and bottled water it would be considered 2 snack credits or you could pay out of pocket.

When you're down in the world look for the DDP symbol (purple and white box that says DDP) near the food items. That will let you know that they are included on the dining plan at QSR and Snack locations. If ever you have a question just ask the nearest CM and have your Front Desk CM explain the DP to you when you arrive to get any questions answered that you have up front. Trust me you're not the first person to be confused and you won't be the last. =)

You can use your dining credits in any order throughout your stay and use as many as you want on any given day. The credits are linked to your reservation and not to a specific person so anyone can use them as long as they have your KTTW card. Also, you can use any of your KTTW cards to use the Dining plan. You only need one per food transaction.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! That is very helpful! I'm happy to hear a bottled water will count as the drink with an entree. Those things add up fast when you drink as much water as me!

Beyond Castles

Sounds like you've got it all under control now. The cast members at the restaurants are very helpful and knowledgable with the dining plans. They can definately help you out if you have any questions once you are there. Try the pulled-pork sandwich at the Flame Tree Barbeque at the Animal Kingdom. It's pretty good.

Mukta

It sounds like you might be the types to eat little bits throughout the day? the QS plan is the best for that.

For example:

Breakfast at Pop - order 1 breakfast platter using 1 QS point. Both of you share it

Lunch - order 1 chicken/ribs platter at Cosmic Ray's using 1 QS point. Both of you share it. Dessert will be brownie, carrot cake or chocolate cake.

Snack - Each of you buys something yummy using 2 snack points. Here is a comprehensive list of snacks. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2640292

Dinner - You each order a meal at a QS location using 2 QS points. Dessert will be cookie, cake etc.

You have used 4 QS points and 2 snack points in a day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom