Dining plan or math problem?

bkgrim

Original Poster
Years ago we would do the dining plan and enjoyed the usage. We uses it to the most like everyone. Only purchase the most expensive items. We then tried using dvc, annual pass, tables in wonderland for discounts. Now with the added price jump at Christmas time of the menus and discount blackout times. Does the dining plan become a better deal at Christmas time

What do you think?

HouCuseChickie

Regardless of when you do DDP...you really should do the math. i.e. map out where you'd be eating and what you'd be ordering if you weren't on DDP. As others have noted, the DDP goes up in price at those peak times, so there is no added savings doing it at those times.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm now fortunate to receive a CM discount from my DS however without that I no longer used the dining plan at rack prices. It is my appetite. By the time I eat my QS or TS I really don't crave dessert and many QS have generic desserts in the parks.

If I am having a TS dinner I will usual have a cocktail and don't really want the free beverage. If we order the dessert and the beverage just because it is included then we are paying a higher tip on 4 beverages and 4 desserts, that really jacks the tip up for something we wouldn't have ordered if it wasn't for the dining plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom