Dining Confusion!

hockeymama

Original Poster
]We made reservations at the following restaurants (some double booked) please give feed back to which we should keep or throw back. It's bad enough having to make advance reservations, not know what food you'll be in the mood for, but not knowing the places add extra stress :eek: We realy only want to do 1 character meal if possible. Please help, very confused...thanks in advance!!!

Monday Dinner:
(Party of 6 w/ grandparents & 2 children dd 6 & ds 13)
  • Liberty Tree Tavern, seems more adult friendly
  • Crystal Plaza - For kids it seems

Tues Lunch
  • Sci-Fi Dining @ hollywood studios

Wed Dinner
  • Teppan Edo
  • House of Blues

Thurs Dinner
  • Biergarten- Epcot
  • Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

WDWmazprty

]We made reservations at the following restaurants (some double booked) please give feed back to which we should keep or throw back. It's bad enough having to make advance reservations, not know what food you'll be in the mood for, but not knowing the places add extra stress :eek: We realy only want to do 1 character meal if possible. Please help, very confused...thanks in advance!!!

Monday Dinner:

• Crystal Plaza - For kids it seems

Tues Lunch
  • Sci-Fi Dining @ hollywood studios

Wed Dinner
  • Teppan Edo
  • House of Blues

Thurs Dinner
  • Biergarten- Epcot

Throw out Liberty Tree, House of Blues, and Akershus. :D

Sloan

I agree

I agree that you can / should pass on House of Blues and Akershus in favor of your alternate selections. (Not that either of those are 'bad', just that your alternate selections seem better to me).

The Liberty Tree / Crystal Palace decision is not as clear, but in all honesty I've not done either of those recently enough to weigh-in, so I'll leave that for some other responses to help you out on.

Enjoy :wave:

zurgandfriend

IMHO
Crystal Palace over Liberty Tree Tavern
Crystal Palace is a character meal (Winnie the Pooh & Co.) and buffet. Ages 6 & 13 may be a too old to fully enjoy the characters but the food is very good there. Liberty Tree Tavern serves a Thanksgiving Day feast, I would really look at the menus and decide.
Teppan Edo over House of Blues
Teppan Edo is your basic Japanese Teppenyaki restaurant, where you sit around a griddle and they cook in front of you. If the kids, or you, haven’t been to one before then everyone should enjoy it. House of Blues was okay but nothing special. Personally I would rather be at the World Showcase and not all the way at Downtown Disney, unless of course you are doing something else at DTD shopping, Cirque, Disney Quest etc.
Biergarten over Akerhaus
I like the food at Biergarten better, BUT if DD wants Princesses go the Akerhaus. Again compare menus, picky eater may not care for either.

durangojim

Don't worry about double booking. It doesn't ruin anything for anyone, just try to cancel the reservations that you don't use.:D

hockeymama

Original Poster
Thanks for the input everyone. Looks like I am going to definitely cancel Liberty Tree Tavern & House of Blues. I am still on the fence with Biergarten and Akerhaus. My 6 year old daughter would love the princesses, but my 13 year old son may like the show over in Germany. Hmmm

As far as the double booking goes, I am not a fan of it either, but our trip was booked last minute (leaving in a week & a half) our options & times are VERY limited. I doubt I am the only one doing this since Disney allows it. Also as my post stated I wanted input on which ones to throw back aka cancel.

Quit double booking. You're ruining the system for everyone else. And puhleese no excuses for why this is "okay".

This woman is brand new to the forums and should be treated with respect - there's no need to be so rude. There are plenty of polite and adult ways to say you wish people wouldn't double book without acting like such a tool.

Thanks for the input everyone. Looks like I am going to definitely cancel Liberty Tree Tavern & House of Blues. I am still on the fence with Biergarten and Akerhaus. My 6 year old daughter would love the princesses, but my 13 year old son may like the show over in Germany. Hmmm

As far as the double booking goes, I am not a fan of it either, but our trip was booked last minute (leaving in a week & a half) our options & times are VERY limited. I doubt I am the only one doing this since Disney allows it. Also as my post stated I wanted input on which ones to throw back aka cancel.

Liberty Tree at lunch is delicious - the dinner menu looks pretty iffy, so I'd stay with Crystal Palace (never been as we're not buffet people, but others have said they really enjoy it.) I've never eaten at HoB but my parents have eaten in Japan and LOVED it. As for Akershus - heard that the Princesses are amazing but the food is strange - so for picky eaters it may not be the best.

As for double booking, as much as it sucks to have to do this, some things aren't known enough in advance to take the chance of losing a long-favorite restaurant - so I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you cancel the others within a few days, I don't feel as though you're doing anything wrong. And obviously neither does WDW.

mouselvrmom

I personally would probably choose Akershus over Biergarten. I just don't care for the food at Biergarten. Although we'll probably have to try it sometime for the hubby.

Personally, I'd skip Akershus and the Biergarten and go with Tutto Italia, Coral Reef, or Le Cellier. Especially if you have the DDP.

The Biergarten in August of 2009 was horrible, and we ate at 6PM sharp. That should have been prime dinner time, and the food tasted fresh out of a microwave.

If you want something off the wall, catch a boat or bus over to Fort Wilderness and eat at the Trails End buffet for Southern style cooking, and stay for smores and a campfire with Chip and Dale.

snowpony

I agree. I definitely try to go to Biergarten every trip, but I will admit it is more for the booze than the food .

Isn't that why most people go to Biergarten? :ROFLOL: I think the food is secondary.

Gotta love the dinner entertainment though...those guys are great! :sohappy:

pluto77

I would say Teppan Edo instead of House of Blues, unless there's some reason you are going to be at Downtown Disney at that time anyway. I'll admit I haven't eaten there, but I hear great things about both Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining, and Teppan Edo seems like it would be a neat experience.

I wouldn't worry about the double booking. I mean, as long as you cancel one of them, which is the reason you're asking here obviously. I've changed my ADR's several times, they can be so hard to plan.

DABIGCHEEZ

Personally, I'd skip Akershus and the Biergarten and go with Tutto Italia, Coral Reef, or Le Cellier. Especially if you have the DDP.

The Biergarten in August of 2009 was horrible, and we ate at 6PM sharp. That should have been prime dinner time, and the food tasted fresh out of a microwave.

If you want something off the wall, catch a boat or bus over to Wilderness Lodge and eat at the Trails End buffet for Southern style cooking, and stay for smores and a campfire with Chip and Dale.

My recommendations would be Crystal Palace, Teppan Edo and Biergarten of your choices. And just to correct something above in case you are looking into/planning it... the Trails End Buffet and the campfire are at Fort Wilderness, not the Wilderness Lodge.

drossjr

Monday Dinner:

• Crystal Plaza - For kids it seems-----throw this one out one of the worst buffets at WDW, try Cape May Cafe or Boma

Tues Lunch
  • Sci-Fi Dining @ hollywood studios---keep good for kids, food good for lunch

Wed Dinner
  • Teppan Edo----definatley keep
  • House of Blues

Thurs Dinner
  • Biergarten- Epcot---------definatley keep
[/QUOTE]

Disneykidder

My fav dining places are:

Whispering Canyon-- fun for everyone
O'Hana- character and fun for everyone
Crystal Palace- Pooh characters and beautiful atmosphere
Chef Mickey's- character and fun for everyone
Le Celier- adult atomsphere but I took my son when he was 4 and it was fine.

I hope this has helped.:wave:

ThinkTink721

Crystal Palace - Kids & adults both will love it! We have eaten dinner here several times & it is great.

Sci-Fi - Never eaten here, but are planning to try it on our next trip - heard it is good.

Teppan Edo - Never eaten here, but have heard it is pretty good.

House of Blues - Never eaten here, but my hubby has eaten at a House of Blues restaurant & he said that it was good.

Biergarten - Never eaten here, but have heard that it is good.

Akershus - We have eaten dinner here & we loved it! We are planning to eat here again on our next trip.

*You might want to try Ohana's at the Polynesian Resort for dinner or Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge for dinner - both of these are great!

WDWmazprty

Crystal Palace - Kids & adults both will love it! We have eaten dinner here several times & it is great.

Sci-Fi - Never eaten here, but are planning to try it on our next trip - heard it is good.

Teppan Edo - Never eaten here, but have heard it is pretty good.

House of Blues - Never eaten here, but my hubby has eaten at a House of Blues restaurant & he said that it was good.

Biergarten - Never eaten here, but have heard that it is good.

Akershus - We have eaten dinner here & we loved it! We are planning to eat here again on our next trip.

*You might want to try Ohana's at the Polynesian Resort for dinner or Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge for dinner - both of these are great!

Ditto! personally I think Ohana beats them all! :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom